BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 hours ago, 47er said:

There would have been initial dismay. However the real reaction would have depended on who we signed as replacements.

For "initial dismay" read 'meltdown of incessant, depressing doom mongering unless or until a multi million replacement(s) was brought in'. (Who would then likely be slagged off)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Well, if we are in any face to face negotiations then they must be happening in Portugal. I bumped into Gregg Broughton and Mike Sheron around 6am this morning in Manchester T2…nice guy! 

Well it appears that Rovers have taken a big squad. 28 man squad including Jack Vale, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips, Sam Barnes and Jordan Eastham, Ethan Walker, Adam Wharton and Harry Leonard. 

Portugal bound | rovers.co.uk

11 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I'm from scunny, Sam burns was woeful for us in most of his games BUT hard to stand out in such a shambolic team 

Can't believe there's another rovers supporter in Scunny 😯 I thought I was the only one! 

Edited by deanives

8 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

For "initial dismay" read 'meltdown of incessant, depressing doom mongering unless or until a multi million replacement(s) was brought in'. (Who would then likely be slagged off)

Right up Biz's alley!!

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well it appears that Rovers have taken a big squad. 28 man squad including Jack Vale, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips, Sam Barnes and Jordan Eastham, Ethan Walker, Adam Wharton and Harry Leonard. 

Portugal bound | rovers.co.uk

Taking 28 man squad makes sense. New start, show JDT what they can do. Also good to see BBD has joined even though he only got back from international duty on Thursday - commitment - but will he still be with us by time we play Accy??

34 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Twine confirmed for the dingles, would have liked to see him here

Imagine this lot’s reaction had we signed someone with no championship experience from a league one side!

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course folk on here would’ve kicked off, so what? Didn’t realise brfcs posters managed the club’s budgets.

Hooray Matty you re right they don’t even have a clue as to funds available in the football operations 😅

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Well, if we are in any face to face negotiations then they must be happening in Portugal. I bumped into Gregg Broughton and Mike Sheron around 6am this morning in Manchester T2…nice guy! 

I've never been able to tell whether you're a complete fantasist or incredibly well connected.

Randomly running into our new Director of Football on a Sunday morning at Manchester airport has me leaning to the former. 

• Like 3

I guess the hope is that GB is compiling a shortlist for all positions, sounding out fees and wages behind the scenes, whilst JDT is taking a good look at literally every player contracted to the club and working out who he thinks is up to the job. Once he's worked it out he goes to GB and says 'right, we need one of these, two of these, one of these, a big one of these who can head a ball really well...' etc. At which point GB pulls out the shortlist(s) and we sign a bunch of new players in quite a short space of time.

I don't think it's likely to happen, but that would be a scenario where the difference in Head Coach/DOF approach would make sense?

• Like 3