BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell pulled out ill very late and we had very few alternatives but its beside the point to just pin everything on Mowbray. I was discussing the quality of the player and whether he is a good central midfielder.

he`s ok in the middle,bit of a mokoena type,passing is a bit suspect but good at tackling,quite quick but his reading of the game is`nt great,certainly have seen worse midfielders at rovers in my time,he`ll do a job off the bench,which is the best way to use him,squad player at best

1 hour ago, david brent said:

Twitter rumour circulating that Brighton have made Van Hecke available. Yes I know it’s probably a load of codswallop! 

A well placed journo on Twitter has just said deal close to being agreed and JPvH will be travelling out to Portugal to join pre season squad. Brilliant news 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, SuperStella said:

A well placed journo on Twitter has just said deal close to being agreed and JPvH will be travelling out to Portugal to join pre season squad. Brilliant news 

He’s very well placed is the Ginger journo! 🤣

D5301232-2B64-45CF-B60F-D45019260177.jpeg

• Like 1

Ash turned 17 over the weekend so assuming he couldn’t sign a contract until then so maybe it is a recent pic. Anyone know if he’s out in Portugal?

It May be him and Carter filling the voids but I’d be concerned about that tbf. I think we need one older head and then give Carter a season with Philips being around the first team and used in the cups this season. 

46 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Ash turned 17 over the weekend so assuming he couldn’t sign a contract until then so maybe it is a recent pic. Anyone know if he’s out in Portugal?

It May be him and Carter filling the voids but I’d be concerned about that tbf. I think we need one older head and then give Carter a season with Philips being around the first team and used in the cups this season. 

He has gone Portugal 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I fear that peoples' expectations of Phillips are getting a bit much.

Hasn't the lad has only played a dozen or so games for the U23s?

I agree he's currently getting a bit too much praise and attention than is probably healthy for a young player at his stage, last thing he needs is to be getting a big head before he's even played 1 professional game. 

Hopefully when he's ready he does reach is potential with us though 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I wonder then why the top clubs in England are covering him? Must be something there me thinks

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

JoeH who is well connected says he's a once in a generation talent.

Let's take that and move on.

Let's not use my word as gospel, I'll get a lot of stick for that! I do think he's a generational talent, he's the best player in the country at his age and the only thing that could stop him for me is injuries (which is a fear for all young players). Glad to hear he's signed a 3 year deal from July 1st. Great news.

Just now, JoeH said:

Let's not use my word as gospel, I'll get a lot of stick for that! I do think he's a generational talent, he's the best player in the country at his age and the only thing that could stop him for me is injuries (which is a fear for all young players). Glad to hear he's signed a 3 year deal from July 1st. Great news.

Hahah sorry.

Now just need Whitehall, Garrett, Leonard and Batty to step up.

Think Batty should be knocking on the door right now tbh, looks class whenever I watch him.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If he’s good enough, he’s old enough. Ask the Everton fans when Rooney played at 17

Time will tell, right or wrong?

Is Batty by any chance related to David?

Edited by pomster

• Backroom

You’ve got to be a bit more mindful of throwing young defenders in, the exuberance of youth can be a blessing for forwards as the outcome can be glory with less risk.

For defenders they play with the same fearlessness but can get exposed, Phil Jones debut was sensational but I remember a young Jay McEveley getting a lesson for getting carried away and over committing against Liverpool or United at Ewood 

If Ash is as good as we hear though I imagine we’ll see him this season

Sam Barnes seems to go below the radar but has travelled with the team, captained the under 23’s at times as well I believe 

• Like 8