BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

18 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A player I rate at LB, Kristian Pedersen, is available on a free, but was on 15K at Brum apparently. I think wages around that level would be a stretch for us too and that is 10 percent of what somebody like Shaw is on.

He moved to Koln on a free a week or 2 ago

https://fc.de/en/fc-info/news/detailpage/details/fc-sign-kristian-pedersen/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I don't know if this is realistic I hear Man Utd are close to tieing up a deal for a new European LB I would very much like to see us go for Luke Shaw quality LB formerly of Southampton always liked him could be a good addition what does everyone think 

Sounds like you’ve been sampling to many of those things on your profile picture!!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No, I would appoint a manager that I trusted had more expertise than me to dictate transfer dealings. If I didn't trust him I would get a new one.

I would be involved in the meetings around recruitment as I would as much insight into who were targeting and cost maybe has listening role mostly. I would appoint Sporting Director and Head coach to oversee the recruitment meetings and who we want. 

I don't know if this is realistic I hear Man Utd are close to tieing up a deal for a new European LB I would very much like to see us go for Luke Shaw quality LB formerly of Southampton always liked him could be a good addition what does everyone think 

no chance. wages would be far too much out of our reach

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A player I rate at LB, Kristian Pedersen, is available on a free, but was on 15K at Brum apparently. I think wages around that level would be a stretch for us too and that is 10 percent of what somebody like Shaw is on.

moved to Koln about 2 weeks ago

I'll settle for any style of winning football but failing that i want a lively style and a nice bit of counter attacking.

Pressure to play 'attractive' football all too often leads to being happy with a losing as long as your stats are good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Does anybody know if Forest are entitled to any of the vastly reduced as he only has 12 months left on his contract Brereton fee?

Would be surprised if it's different to 20%.

Think we need to press the button early doors so we know what market we can go shopping in - Poundshop or Home Bargains!

It would be utterly senseless to sign some 6 players and then sell Brereton unless of course Brereton sales proceeds have already been ring fenced.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From what I read they’re not sorry to see him go at Big Club.

Ah right, I remember seeing a farewell post to him online with some of their fans saying "we wish you stayed longer", "thanks for the service" etc. I hadn't seen the other side of it. Maybe it's a mixed bag.

7 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of him finding a new club. That puts that suggestion to bed.

Keane Lewis Potter apparently joining Brentford from Hull. I’ve seen £16 million+ add ons as the quoted fee, seems a bit high to me but if that’s true we should have no problem getting similar for Diaz, even with only a year left on his deal. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This is what I'm proposing

Since some people are suggesting what they would do. I will post what I have suggested I would do. 

I would sign 6 signings including 1 Right back, 1 centre back, 2 centre midfielders, 1 left winger and 1 strikers. Plus promote Right back James Brown, Centre defender Ash Phillips, Centre Midfielder Jake Garrett and striker Jack Vale into the first team squad. 

Also sort out whether Ben Brereton is staying and signing a new contract or being sold and we used some of the money to improve the squad like signing Right Back Callum Brittain from Barnsley who I feel would suit how I think JDT will want to play his full back.

Some Centre midfielder suggestions

Callum Styles from Barnsley,

Massimo Luongo on a free transfer

Plymouth midfielder Panutche Camara

Conor Hourihane on a free transfer

Han-Noah Massengo from Bristol City. 12 months left on his contract. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This is what I'm proposing - let's move on from the debate of Mowbray.

So moves I'd be making in the transfer market:

CB - sell Ayala, bring in 2 new CBs promote Carter, see what Barnes is like.

RB - give Nyambe a new contract - promote Pike. If not - sign a first team RB - Pike cover.

LB - if Pickering isn't going to improve, promote Batty, sign a LB cover.

GK - sell Pears - promote Eastham as backup.

CM - promote Garrett, sign 2 new CMs

CAM - promote Wharton - sign 1 new CAM.

RW - sell Hedges - bring in 2 RWs.

LW - sell Brereton - bring in 2 LWs

ST - sell Gallagher, promote Burns, Leonard and Vale - sign a new ST.

Income of £20m (Brereton), £200k (Hedges), £15-£20k a week (Ayala wages) . Mutual termination (Pears) £1m (Gallagher) 

Total income £21.5m - 50% to transfer kitty. £10m to play with.

11 new signings needed

Previous budget maybe £2m? 

£12m for 11 signings.

Over £1m per signing

I agree with your analysis on what sort of players we need. But realistically the absolute maximum number of players we've been able to bring in over the years in a single window has been about 4 perms and 4 loans. So eight signings is the max achievable imo. it's also worth saying is even the best managers do well to get more than 60% of their transfers right. 

So while it's cathartic to say sell Ayala, Gallagher and Hedges I don't think it will be wise to move out more players when we already need to sign eight or so before they leave. Plus I think under new management they may improve. It's worth giving them a chance to see if that's the case.

• Like 1

Good grief that puts paid to that didn't think he'd be on as much as that shame really I don't think he's worth that much in wages

Why would a player that was one of England's stars at the euros want to play in the championship 

20 minutes ago, Butty said:

Keane Lewis Potter apparently joining Brentford from Hull. I’ve seen £16 million+ add ons as the quoted fee, seems a bit high to me but if that’s true we should have no problem getting similar for Diaz, even with only a year left on his deal. 

Yeh I literally don't even know who that is and he plays in our league.

A quick google tells me he is 2 years younger than BBD and a striker who scored 12 goals this season. Ben had done that by about November? (Yes I know he didn't score many after the new years, there were some mitigating factors there, and I know Ben was doing worse at that age)

Certainly doesn't scream 16 million (seeing 20 million quoted too, probably the add ons). I'm sure there's more to his game and potential, Brentford know what they're doing in the market, but still, surely even in his last year Ben is worth more than him in the market.

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I literally don't even know who that is and he plays in our league.

A quick google tells me he is 2 years younger than BBD and a striker who scored 12 goals this season. Ben had done that by about November? (Yes I know he didn't score many after the new years, there were some mitigating factors there, and I know Ben was doing worse at that age)

Certainly doesn't scream 16 million (seeing 20 million quoted too, probably the add ons). I'm sure there's more to his game and potential, Brentford know what they're doing in the market, but still, surely even in his last year Ben is worth more than him in the market.

He's far more talented than BBD....Like a Jared Bowen

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be involved in the meetings around recruitment as I would as much insight into who were targeting and cost maybe has listening role mostly. I would appoint Sporting Director and Head coach to oversee the recruitment meetings and who we want. 

no chance. wages would be far too much out of our reach

moved to Koln about 2 weeks ago

The manager predominantly, in tandem with other staff members.

Either way, the owners should not be vetoing transfers and interfering.

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Since some people are suggesting what they would do. I will post what I have suggested I would do. 

I would sign 6 signings including 1 Right back, 1 centre back, 2 centre midfielders, 1 left winger and 1 strikers. Plus promote Right back James Brown, Centre defender Ash Phillips, Centre Midfielder Jake Garrett and striker Jack Vale into the first team squad. 

Also sort out whether Ben Brereton is staying and signing a new contract or being sold and we used some of the money to improve the squad like signing Right Back Callum Brittain from Barnsley who I feel would suit how I think JDT will want to play his full back.

Some Centre midfielder suggestions

Callum Styles from Barnsley,

Massimo Luongo on a free transfer

Plymouth midfielder Panutche Camara

Conor Hourihane on a free transfer

Han-Noah Massengo from Bristol City. 12 months left on his contract. 

I presume you have watched plenty of Plymouth to be able to comment based on your assertion the other day that I cannot comment on Jack Vale's loan spell at Halifax having never watched him there?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree with your analysis on what sort of players we need. But realistically the absolute maximum number of players we've been able to bring in over the years in a single window has been about 4 perms and 4 loans. So eight signings is the max achievable imo. it's also worth saying is even the best managers do well to get more than 60% of their transfers right. 

So while it's cathartic to say sell Ayala, Gallagher and Hedges I don't think it will be wise to move out more players when we already need to sign eight or so before they leave. Plus I think under new management they may improve. It's worth giving them a chance to see if that's the case.

I tend to agree - I don't see any of those 3 going for the reasons you state above. If I had to choose one to vacate the premises however it would probably be Ayala, especially if it helped facilitate getting the Bosnian centre half in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Some people might argue he looked pretty average.

In only 4 starts I don't think he looked average enough to suggest that we should immediately sell him on.

I do wonder if he is somewhat tarnished in the original posters mind in regards to potential links between Mowbray's family and Aberdeen?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In only 4 starts I don't think he looked average enough to suggest that we should immediately sell him on.

I do wonder if he is somewhat tarnished in the original posters mind in regards to potential links between Mowbray's family and Aberdeen?

I see he doesn't get in the Wales squad now....not a good sign

• Like 1