BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

This wage structure (I'd never heard of it until somebody here mentioned it) is seen by some as a blessing but I honestly see it as more of a curse. If we want to sign (it's more of a need to sign for me) experienced Championship players then surely we have to pay the going rate or quite simply they won't come here. Having seen the quality of our two League One signings last season I don't think we should be looking there and trying to blood a few kids at once will surely end in tears. I think it's a huge two weeks to strengthen ideally with four or five players able to hit the ground running. Our last friendly is at Lincoln on July 23rd and I can't see any new players who come after that being available for QPR having had no games. I am really in fear of starting the season with the squad we currently have.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

He's just turned 21, bagged 5 goals and 4 assists in his first proper season. Was injured for a lot of it aswell. The decision making comes with experience, a player like him who's the finished article is a player way out of our price budget. People used to say the same of Josh King when he was here. We have to develop players, 2-3 years time a player like him could be worth a fortune. Would depend on what Brighton fee is being quoted for it to be worth the risk. Having said all that, if the rumours about him are true, we can just stop wasting time on the subject. 

i think khadra is the type of character who won`t listen and continue to play with his head down,id`e have him if he was cheap or free but certainly would`nt blow the budget for him,there are more important areas we need to address

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think khadra is the type of character who won`t listen and continue to play with his head down,id`e have him if he was cheap or free but certainly would`nt blow the budget for him,there are more important areas we need to address

I think he would listen to Jon Dahl Tomasson given his football experiences

• Like 3

Predictably the talk is turning away from multi-million CBs and towards the inevitable loans.

Never any intention or plan to invest or build anything, its just rely on the academy wherever possible and plug gaps with some cheap heavily subsidised loans.

Can't build a side on that. All this talk about copying Brentford or of a multi-year plan is just window dressing. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Predictably the talk is turning away from multi-million CBs and towards the inevitable loans.

Never any intention or plan to invest or build anything, its just rely on the academy wherever possible and plug gaps with some cheap heavily subsidised loans.

Can't build a side on that. All this talk about copying Brentford or of a multi-year plan is just window dressing. 

We most likely won't get Davies but I very much doubt Liverpool will be loaning him out.

Another loan wouldnt make sense.They will want him off their books on a permanent deal.

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not a fan myself. He hasn’t got a football brain. Bags of talent but no nous. He doesn’t know when to stick and when to twist. I’d have him back only if we couldn’t do any better, which is quite likely.

He's just turned 21.  Bags of time to add a bit of composure to his game.  I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

Seems like both links today are rubbish. Khadra I am split on, a decent player and perhaps slightly ahead of Dolan, and it would give us 2 right footers on the left and vice versa. But it seems like Nixon has just plonked our name as a former club on the end of a "link" where he has spread his bets again in a desperate attempt to get a pack on the back.

Ben Davies is a left footed centre back so I can't see that, not withstanding his massive wages, as good a defender as he is at this level.

Also @chaddyrovers just because Tomasson was a big name player doesn't mean that players will automatically listen to him. He is probably a little before the memory spans of the majority of the squad for a start.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like both links today are rubbish. Khadra I am split on, a decent player and perhaps slightly ahead of Dolan, and it would give us 2 right footers on the left and vice versa. But it seems like Nixon has just plonked our name as a former club on the end of a "link" where he has spread his bets again in a desperate attempt to get a pack on the back.

Ben Davies is a left footed centre back so I can't see that, not withstanding his massive wages, as good a defender as he is at this level.

Also @chaddyrovers just because Tomasson was a big name player doesn't mean that players will automatically listen to him. He is probably a little before the memory spans of the majority of the squad for a start.

If he joined in one 5-a-side session they'd quickly learn to respect him. He's undoubtedly the best football player at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If he joined in one 5-a-side session they'd quickly learn to respect him. He's undoubtedly the best football player at the club. 

Even if he is, my point is that footballing ability alone isn't enough to merit respect in modern day football as other managers with glittering playing CV's have proven.

I am not saying that he won't command respect to clarify, just not to automatically assume that he will.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

@chaddyrovers Desperate for a bit of news today is the Chadster!!

B5399A7D-F1EE-4794-A24A-CFAE72CD2E62.jpeg

Not desperate for any news but Just asked a very simple question what his story was? 

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

are they rubbish? how do you know? maybe Rovers have asked the questions what the terms would be for any possible move so we have an interest in that. 

I wouldn't want to see 2 left footed at centre back

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Really? You don't think the players haven't looked into his playing and coaching career when he was appointed as our head coach? 

If you want disagree that fine but I would have expect the players to do some basic background research into the new head coach background and listen to what he says given his vast experience in football

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? You don't think the players haven't looked into his playing and coaching career when he was appointed as our head coach? 

Players are only interested in how much money they're going to get..... the coach comes a long way down the list

Does this really need explaining? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Players are only interested in how much money they're going to get..... the coach comes a long way down the list

Does this really need explaining? 

Jim, You might think life is so simple but it isn't. People do background checks alot of the time to new managers or new jobs by just doing a simple background search. You might not but plenty of us do. 

Chaddy castigating someone else for looking at life ‘simply’ 😁

JDT the footballer will mean bugger all to most of the players, largely because a lot of them are very young and won’t remember him, that’s life.

He’ll impress them with his coaching, man management, presence and ability to get results, the fact he played for AC Milan getting on for 20 years ago won’t come into it one bit.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not desperate for any news but Just asked a very simple question what his story was? 

are they rubbish? how do you know? maybe Rovers have asked the questions what the terms would be for any possible move so we have an interest in that. 

I wouldn't want to see 2 left footed at centre back

If you want disagree that fine but I would have expect the players to do some basic background research into the new head coach background and listen to what he says given his vast experience in football

Equally, how do you know they are not rubbish? Loads of teams are being linked with Khadra, Alan Nixon we know has history of hedging his bets, 4 teams linked including the easy one to the club he spent last season at, seems like he has got many tickets in the raffle to be able to say "I told you so" or indeed "aye."

The Sky Sports link with Davies again has more than once club which always makes you suspicious that is is an eager agent testing the market, throw in the fact that he is left footed and I would find it illogical to see our main CB signing to be left footed.

My point was that previous success as a player does not necessarily automatically mean that a manager will be any more or indeed any less respected. I had already heard of Tomasson from his playing career but I am older than most of the squad, plus of course I had read about his managerial career but that wouldn't in itself cause me to have loads and loads more respect for him than another manager. He will have to earn respect by how he is as a manager, and I am not saying that he isn't capable of that.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Equally, how do you know they are not rubbish? Loads of teams are being linked with Khadra, Alan Nixon we know has history of hedging his bets, 4 teams linked including the easy one to the club he spent last season at, seems like he has got many tickets in the raffle to be able to say "I told you so" or indeed "aye."

I haven't rubbish or say they true in any form but Rovers might have asked the questions what the terms would be for any possible move so we have an interest in them. Whether we take it any further we will see. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Sky Sports link with Davies again has more than once club which always makes you suspicious that is is an eager agent testing the market, throw in the fact that he is left footed and I would find it illogical to see our main CB signing to be left footed.

I don't know whether its an agent leaking it but he hasn't travelled with the Liverpool squad so he seems to be available. 

I would prefer right footed right back

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that previous success as a player does not necessarily automatically mean that a manager will be any more or indeed any less respected. I had already heard of Tomasson from his playing career but I am older than most of the squad, plus of course I had read about his managerial career but that wouldn't in itself cause me to have loads and loads more respect for him than another manager. He will have to earn respect by how he is as a manager, and I am not saying that he isn't capable of that.

I think he has already earned the respect from the players

I’d be very surprised if none of the squad was interested to know about JDT career, even if it’s just out of curiosity.

I’d be wanting to know if the ceo had just employed a muppet or two. Afterall my career could be resting on it .. money or not! 

Which is exactly my point, some of them don’t ‘love football’ at all, it’s just a job.

A lot of fans have the wrong impression that all footballers are as fanatical about the game, it’s history, it’s traditions etc as we are. Some are, of course, but a lot really aren’t that invested.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5