BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, briansol said:

Think Phillips agent is Gareth Seddon, who also seem to represent Dolan. 

Hopefully just looking for a better deal than was originally agreed given Phillips status has been raised.

Talking to utd and spurs actually

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yankfan said:

Why we have sell ons added on to a £5 million bid for a then teenager with no first team experience is beyond me. Could you imagine 3 years ago someone coming in and offering £5million for Buttersworth, let alone add ons? 

I'm sure the talk at the time of the signing was it was a whopping fee but low wages and no add ons that's why they shelled it out in the first place.

The talk of a sell on % to Forest only seems to have crept in recently. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

"Talks remain on going between the club and the players representatives......"

Comfortably the most ominous statement when it comes to Rovers.

Well the boy himself will look a bit of a fraud considering the video that he posted on rovers tv yesterday 

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

"Talks remain on going between the club and the players representatives......"

Comfortably the most ominous statement when it comes to Rovers.

This sort of thing really sickens me. If he is as good as he appears to be and we lose him before he has even made a competitive  start for us and we get peanuts, then what's it all about?

• Backroom

Very worrying and tally’s with all the talk of Spurs interest 

If he hasn’t signed yet (as we were assured) then you have to think it’s unlikely he will with much more exciting offers on the table 

Potentially a great players and a huge windfall missed - again 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Sounds like there could be some wiggling going on here. I bet a big-time agent has got his claws in, been in the lads ear and had a look at the contract situation.

This obviously all some supposition on my behalf but this wouldn't be the first time this has happened  in football.

Can someone tell me whether we could have signed him to a pro contract earlier than this?  If he was doing a two-year scholarship and we COULDN'T possibly offer him a pro-contract until 1st July, then what exactly could Rovers do differently - apart from of course pay him more. But even if we did push the boat and offer let's say £5k a week for a 17 year old, any team in the Prem could come sailing in and blow us out of the water.

Would we be due any compensation?  I suppose it would be bloody peanuts.  If he does walk away for next to nothing, and if my assumption that the club couldn't have offered pro-contract earlier is correct, then it's just another indication of how broken the system is.  Top 6 clubs can just come along and peck at the corpse of small-town clubs struggling to make ends meet by taking their top, young talent for nothing.

The sooner football implodes the better.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Can someone tell me whether we could have signed him to a pro contract earlier than this?  If he was doing a two-year scholarship and we COULDN'T possibly offer him a pro-contract until 1st July, then what exactly could Rovers have done differently - apart from of course pay him more?  If a big club comes looking (Utd, Spurs etc), then realistically you'd expect him not to rush a decision and sign on immediately.

Would we be due any compensation out of interest?  I suppose it would be bloody peanuts.  If he does walk away for next to nothing, and if my assumption that the club couldn't have offered pro-contract earlier is correct, then it's just another indication of how broken the system is, whereby top 6 clubs can just come along and peck at the corpse of small-town clubs struggling to make ends meet.

The sooner football implodes the better.

I think they have to be 17? which he only turned a week or so ago.

The terms of his pro deal were agreed a year ago but since then he's got interest from other clubs and is now on the fringes of the first team, so his agent is trying to get him a better a deal.

Just now, davulsukur said:

I think they have to be 17? which he only turned a week or so ago.

The terms of his pro deal were agreed a year ago but since then he's got interest from other clubs and is now on the fringes of the first team, so his agent is trying to get him a better a deal.

So my assumption is right.. the club can be simply held over a barrel by Philips and his agent, and the wealthy elite can mosey on in and take him from under our nose.  The system is completely and utterly broken.

If we lose Ash Phillips on top of the big assets lost already due to a lack of admin on contracts then its time for Venky's to sack Waggot.

It's absolutely criminal that a club that relies on academy development to fund the club and drive the 1st team has lost so much in such a short space of time.

You can only blame Waggot for a complete failure to negotiate in the longer term interests of the club. Yes that might mean paying a few grand more in the short term but you have to weigh it up against getting £5m fee plus % future sales on players. 

It is like the administrative part of the club from contracts to ticketing to marketing is overseen by a complete clown.

• Like 1