BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wasn’t MGP’s biggest fan but you couldn’t fault his ability to strike the ball with both feet. Up there with the best in that respect.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

One of the best volleyers of the ball I've ever seen. Sad watching that and seeing celebrations with all the cracking players we had then. Also sad seeing Steve Kean celebrate one of them...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Console yourself mate in the knowledge that it’s the same for Lionel Messi.

And Maradona, Gerson, Puskas, Giggs, I liked playing right back because you knew all you had to do was show the left winger the inside and nothing much was going to happen. Unless they were right footed of course but usually they weren’t. 

One footed right wingers don’t come along often although Meccy was pretty bad in that respect.  Really World class right foot only players don’t come along often either. Jimmy Johnstone was one I can remember. He was really right footed but he had such acceleration from a standing start and he was such a brilliant dribbler with that one foot it didn’t really matter.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Lets get this right, all those saying Lenihan is not a big loss. he was in the Champiionship team of the season. For a rival to pick him up for free is criminal no matter whether you rated him or not.

The end.

He refused to sign the deal rovers offered him !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Couldn’t agree more. Letting Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell leave on frees is going to financially burden us for years to come. On decent contracts we’ve let probably over 10M of assets leave for nothing, but don’t have 10M to replace them. Stupidity of the highest order. 

Hindsight-driven fantasy imo.

The last time they were sellable at full value was January 2021. We were pushing towards the top 6, every club was cash-strapped as there were no fans in the grounds, but it was a huge oversight to not sell three of the first names on the team sheet to imaginary buyers because it was obvious they wouldn’t sign new contracts during the next 18 months? Sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

One of the best volleyers of the ball I've ever seen. Sad watching that and seeing celebrations with all the cracking players we had then. Also sad seeing Steve Kean celebrate one of them...

https://theathletic.com/2871925/2021/10/14/morten-gamst-pedersen-alta-norway-blackburn-football/

Nice article. He's got Jerome's number. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Was watching an interview of his with Rovers Chat last night. He mentioned how he speaks to the owners and that he was talking to them all the way through our manager search, which I thought was interesting.

He was also scathing in his view of the crocodile tear merchant too, talking about how one man can kill a club and do so much damage. 

Morten's a proper Rover, it was a good listen.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Was watching an interview of his with Rovers Chat last night. He mentioned how he speaks to the owners and that he was talking to them all the way through our manager search, which I thought was interesting.

He was also scathing in his view of the crocodile tear merchant too, talking about how one man can kill a club and do so much damage. 

Morten's a proper Rover, it was a good listen.

Christ, in that case he probably gets to speak to the owners more than most of our managers do! If he moves into management one day maybe he'll end up managing here...which would be great if he's any good, but bad for many reasons if he isn't.

On 16/07/2022 at 15:52, Vilesinner said:

Better to keep him than take £10 million. As we will lose £2m plus from that anyway to Forest.

£15m minimum I say..

So, Mowbary's huge outlay for an investment nets us a whopping 1 mil on the face of it?

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

So, Mowbary's huge outlay for an investment nets us a whopping 1 mil on the face of it?

Why we have sell ons added on to a £5 million bid for a then teenager with no first team experience is beyond me. Could you imagine 3 years ago someone coming in and offering £5million for Buttersworth, let alone add ons? 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ash Phillips hasn't sign a professional contract. Same with Jake Butty

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20285417.ash-phillips-yet-sign-professional-blackburn-rovers-contract/

It explains why he hasn't sign once yet

Think Phillips agent is Gareth Seddon, who also seem to represent Dolan. 

Hopefully just looking for a better deal than was originally agreed given Phillips status has been raised.