BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Pinch of salt I know but this was last years wage bill between us

1DCC62D8-87B6-4BB5-8DF2-F61B877BBF74.jpeg

B11A8196-281D-45E3-9DE0-C01310958797.png

Not a lot of difference between the average wage per player. We will have more younger players, but all theirs have probably got a rise after promotion.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Nyambe going to Wigan is criminal he’s far better than that, feel his agent has done him here, he’d be much better off swallowing his pride and signing here 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nyambe going to Wigan is criminal he’s far better than that, feel his agent has done him here, he’d be much better off swallowing his pride and signing here 

If the money was anything like the same, absolutely. But it begs the question how much they are willing to pay him, or more importantly how little we were willing to offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Wigan were 

Il wait and see who we actually bring in first before I criticize the decision not to give him what he wanted.I do rate him and wanted him to stay but there are players that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg that could replace him 

We have the same wage budget as last season and lost 50k roughly from the bill last season.I don't think we have a mega budget but IF we even entered discussions for Davies or Anel then must be something in the pot

I will judge on who we do sign rather than on rumours. We dont know if we actually bid for those players, we may have enquired and run a mile once we found out their financial demands.

I would see being the only team not to have signed anyone leaving us ill prepared for the season ahead and compounded by a player we wanted to k8eep choosing to join a promoted side to be a big cause for concern. Lets hope we sign a better replacement as you say. I certainly am not optimistic that we will.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont find it funny that we become even weaker personally. Plus if Wigan offered more money than us even in the assumed absence of other concrete offers, how has he been done over?

I personally think that his agent had promised him top end Championship offers and the money that goes with it. 

We didn't get anywhere near it. Wigan come knocking and he has no other offers and away he goes.

That's how I read the situation and could well be wrong. But he's signing for a relegation favourite and he definitely wasn't aiming to go there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont find it funny that we become even weaker personally. Plus if Wigan offered more money than us even in the assumed absence of other concrete offers, how has he been done over?

Whatever the whys and wherefores, I’m pretty sure when turning down Rovers offer he was looking for better than Wigan as his next club

13 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I mean, it's not that he's choosing Wigan over us because they're a better prospect. If he goes there it's because they've offered him more. That's not even saying they CAN offer him more than us, it's just that our club obviously value him a lot less than his agent/Wigan does.

Will laugh my head off if he goes there. Agent has had a shocker!

Actually I think most people in football would see them as a better prospect these days.

Just promoted, new owner who likes football and has invested. Wants them to improve. Don't think the same can be said of anyone in power at Rovers.

That's the fruit of Venkys labour, making players want to leave us for rivals and yet amazingly some think we can't ask for better.

His agent has done fine. Got him a better deal than we were offering, same division, plus a signing on fee, plus no longer dealing with unprofessional wasters as at Rovers.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

He was on a low wage here a few grand, and the new offer wasnt much better, wouldn't take much to sign for Wigan without them pushing boat out

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I will judge on who we do sign rather than on rumours. We dont know if we actually bid for those players, we may have enquired and run a mile once we found out their financial demands.

I would see being the only team not to have signed anyone leaving us ill prepared for the season ahead and compounded by a player we wanted to k8eep choosing to join a promoted side to be a big cause for concern. Lets hope we sign a better replacement as you say. I certainly am not optimistic that we will.

That's exactly what I said in the post you quoted il wait and see who we sign before I criticize.

It may have only been speculation that we were in for Anel and Davies but one would expect them to have some sort of idea what sort of money they would be looking for especially with JDT having been at Malmö previously if they did talk.

I have no idea what budget we have, it may be healthy it may be shit.You saying we can't compete with Wigan is at the moment speculation 

Even by Rovers standards this is an embarrassingly abysmal window so far.

We're barely getting any rule of 3 links with many players, never mind anything substantial.

I'm aware we only made our first signing of last summers window after a couple of games into the season and that was bad enough, but this time round we've lost a number of first team starters including the club captain. This was a window that required urgent incomings, and while I appreciate getting bodies in for the sake of it isn't the right way to go (looking at you Reading), we appear to be sleepwalking into the season.

Whatever this new process is at the club, it's not looking good at all, and you can only use the 'DOF has only been here a few weeks' as an excuse for so long before it runs dry.

Difficult to see a happy ending to the window at this point, but fingers crossed they pull something put of the bag.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Actually I think most people in football would see them as a better prospect these days.

Just promoted, new owner who likes football and has invested. Wants them to improve. Don't think the same can be said of anyone in power at Rovers.

That's the fruit of Venkys labour, making players want to leave us for rivals and yet amazingly some think we can't ask for better.

His agent has done fine. Got him a better deal than we were offering, same division, plus a signing on fee, plus no longer dealing with unprofessional wasters as at Rovers.

Wigan haven't signed anybody yet apart from untested young players Brennan being one of them from us who we declined to offer a new contract.

When we got promoted from league one we spent considerably more than they have done.

It wasn't too long ago you were wishing we were like Derby 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That's exactly what I said in the post you quoted il wait and see who we sign before I criticize.

It may have only been speculation that we were in for Anel and Davies but one would expect them to have some sort of idea what sort of money they would be looking for especially with JDT having been at Malmö previously if they did talk.

I have no idea what budget we have, it may be healthy it may be shit.You saying we can't compete with Wigan is at the moment speculation 

But we didnt get those deals done, so I dont see how being supposedly interested in 2 players who we subsuquently failed to sign shows anything positive about the budget.

All about the replacement but we wanted Nyambe to sign hence offering him a deal and lost out to Wigan so it is easy for that to cause concern on the back of an inability to sign anyone yet.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Criminal? It shows the level of his ambition and reflects poorly both on himself and his fuktard agent!

Does it? Maybe Wigan offered him a better deal, in which case how does it reflect poorly on him to do something that most people would do and get a pay rise? What if it was only Wigan and Rovers who offered contracts. His agent has got lots of blame and has been mentioned by Waggott of course but how can we be so sure that he is a "fuktard" rather than having just successfully earnt his client more money.

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Whatever the whys and wherefores, I’m pretty sure when turning down Rovers offer he was looking for better than Wigan as his next club

Maybe but if he has got a payrise then it is still an understandable move.

11 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I personally think that his agent had promised him top end Championship offers and the money that goes with it. 

We didn't get anywhere near it. Wigan come knocking and he has no other offers and away he goes.

That's how I read the situation and could well be wrong. But he's signing for a relegation favourite and he definitely wasn't aiming to go there!

This seems like a very specific theory based on nothing in particular in my opinion but still. If it is Rovers v Wigan and the latter offered more money which I suppose we will never know for sure. Then his decision makes sense.

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He was on a low wage here a few grand, and the new offer wasnt much better, wouldn't take much to sign for Wigan without them pushing boat out

Well if he is as good as we think and his wages are as reasonable as suggested then why is he signing for Wigan?

Surely with such reasonable wage demands and him being one of the best right backs in the league as some on here suggest then surely bigger clubs than a newly promoted Wigan would be offering him deals?

• Like 3

I don’t know where this idea that staying at Rovers is ambitious has come from all of a sudden? The usual empty words about “projects” and “journeys” and “wanting to get promoted to the premier league” are never backed up by anything remotely resembling ambition.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If Nyambe goes Wigan this week & we still don’t make a signing then this message board will literally blow up.

If we had players already in then I wouldn’t bat a eye lid. We all know Nyambe is easily replaceable.

At a normal club? Probably. At this club? Turns out even Bradley Johnson isn’t easily replaceable