BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

image.thumb.png.ab02ddea447cb16f2475236b6bc15b13.png

Interesting

Barnsley got relegated, they'll have been under attack a lot more, giving more opportunity for tackles, clearances etc. Things like a tackles won percentage would be fairer to compare.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Barnsley got relegated, they'll have been under attack a lot more, giving more opportunity for tackles, clearances etc. Things like a tackles won percentage would be fairer to compare.

We had the lowest possession in the league.

45 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I remain amazed how many forum members think they know better than those who work in football, if Boro and Wilder are after him then clearly they think he is a quality player!

Thought you kept saying Boro were a shit club?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Back to the Thomas Evans days, where he made a list of players based on fifa ratings, contract expiry, gave it Vineeth Rao and he went chasing them.

I remember Singh once ringing me to say Huddersfield had knocked back our bids for Rhodes, is there anyone else lol?

I said tongue in cheek, errr marian chamakch however you spell it.

I choked on my toast the morning after as the back page of the Telegraph said in big letters. ROVERS LAUNCH BID FOR ARSENALS CHAMAKCH.

Its no more functional now, than it was then, and its not even funny

Just to correct the above Thomas has been in touch and said he was not the one who gave the list to Vineeth, so my apologies to him.

However here is the link confirming it happened, written by Nick Harris, who saw the original correspondence as confirmed in his article.

https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/06/11/revealed-facebook-role-in-blackburns-transfers-as-fans-prepare-for-government-meeting-110601/

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I remain amazed how many forum members think they know better than those who work in football, if Boro and Wilder are after him then clearly they think he is a quality player!

I think in this case its just our rivals playing silly buggers and trying to cause unrest in our squad. 

Say what you like about rovers these days but at least we don't play those cheap games 

Callum Brittain is a player regularly endorsed on here, is that solely based on his performance when Barnsley lost at Ewood last winter? Or have people seen Barnsley a number of times to come to a more accurate conclusion? I only remember seeing him a handful of times and even at Ewood I don't think he particularly stood out.

I would be glad (long way to go) in terms of his age, signing a player on a potentially long contract and hopefully filling that position long term. I just hope we can get a right back in well in advance of QPR as the current options don't lead me to be optimistic.

In terms of the player, I have been looking into him a tiny bit with mixed reviews. Barnsley fans see him week in week out and in general don't seem gutted to lose him, see below:

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/brittain-to-blackburn.315364/

A big worry is the consistent assertion that he down tools last season when the chips were down, numerous questions and comments making out that he isn't a good man to be next to stood in the trenches.

The common assumption is that he is a really good attacking full back and has often played at wing back, he has 8 assists in 76 Championship games which is nothing remarkable, and like Nyambe at least at Championship level he has never scored. I also would doubt that he will have Nyambe's one on one defending ability so I just hope that overall he is an improvement considering that he will cost a fee.

That being said, putting character questions to one side, he did seemingly impress when Barnsley did well so maybe he needs a fresh start. 

Interesting that he seemingly is a name coming back from Mowbray's tenure. After a number of weeks for the new director of football since his appointment, isn't that a bit strange if true?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Why do you use this forum? You regularly comment that people on here don't know as much as people in football, so why do you bother with a place whereby people are here to give their opinions if they are so inconsequential? 

This sort of nonsense also implies that people who work in football are infallible and don't make errors of judgement, they do, they are only human even if they overall know more than your average fan. But surely a better approach is to avoid supporter opinion and assume that all decisions made by the professionals are the correct ones?  

You also regularly imply that people think that they think they genuinely know better, what makes you think this? People sharing their opinion doesn't meant that they think they know more or that they could do the job better. 

• Like 3

No one has ever suggested that we bring in bodies through the door for the sake of it. I find this assumption that it is quality OR timing (ie before the season) to be totally bizarre, and the idea that it is assumed that anyone who wants players in prior to the season just wants anybody in to be a strawman argument.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Steve Kean still works in football.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Callum Brittain is a player regularly endorsed on here, is that solely based on his performance when Barnsley lost at Ewood last winter? Or have people seen Barnsley a number of times to come to a more accurate conclusion? I only remember seeing him a handful of times and even at Ewood I don't think he particularly stood out.

I would be glad (long way to go) in terms of his age, signing a player on a potentially long contract and hopefully filling that position long term. I just hope we can get a right back in well in advance of QPR as the current options don't lead me to be optimistic.

In terms of the player, I have been looking into him a tiny bit with mixed reviews. Barnsley fans see him week in week out and in general don't seem gutted to lose him, see below:

A big worry is the consistent assertion that he down tools last season when the chips were down, numerous questions and comments making out that he isn't a good man to be next to stood in the trenches.

The common assumption is that he is a really good attacking full back and has often played at wing back, he has 8 assists in 76 Championship games which is nothing remarkable, and like Nyambe at least at Championship level he has never scored. I also would doubt that he will have Nyambe's one on one defending ability so I just hope that overall he is an improvement considering that he will cost a fee.

That being said, putting character questions to one side, he did seemingly impress when Barnsley did well so maybe he needs a fresh start. 

Interesting that he seemingly is a name coming back from Mowbray's tenure. After a number of weeks for the new director of football since his appointment, isn't that a bit strange if true?

Seen him a number of times and imo better all round player than Nyambe altho 1 v 1 Nyambe wins. 

If the deal happens the most pleasing aspect will be us paying a transfer fee as many on here thought it would be loans only.Would'nt you agree?

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Twitter tells a slightly similar story.

Very 50/50, albeit the 50% happy to let him go do seem to be ones claiming he downed tools last year and still looked disinterested (he still outperformed Nyambe in every aspect individually bar ground duels success % where Nyambe was 3% better than him).

I watch a lot of football and he's very direct, takes his man on a lot, and whips a lot of crosses in but does need to work on the end product. He's an upgrade on Nyambe for my money, but I never did rate Ryan as a modern fullback. He was a wide CB for most of his time here as he offered nothing going forwards and the modern day fullback needs to offer an outlet.

I'll stand to be corrected but this is a deal we shouldn't even think twice about doing.

Brittain has played just 18 games in the Championship - he's spent the rest of his career in League 1 and 2

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't see how he can be an upgrade on Nyambe - and they're both the same age 

• Like 1

Brittain was the standout player for Barnsley when we played them last season, i remember my brother commenting on it at the time, and off memory I cant remember too many more who left a lasting impression throughout the season.

He did seem to be all over the pitch cropping up in every position throughout the game, more as a travis than a wingback tbh in what I remember.

If the fee is £1.5 million, then thats good news as it shows we are going to spend some money, 

Be a good capture i think.

On another note be interesting to see if O'Hare signs for Burnley and what they are paying, as really like the look of him too, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Brittain has played just 18 games in the Championship - he's spent the rest of his career in League 1 and 2

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't see how he can be an upgrade on Nyambe - and they're both the same age 

That's not true Jim.

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

18 games?where are you getting that from? 

Screenshot_2022-07-20-13-44-49-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I'm not too sure wingback is his natural position tbh, in the times i've seen him, he goes looking for the ball

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I thought he’s played the last 2 seasons for Barnsley in the Championship?

It's arguable he isn't a huge upgrade on nyambe, but we don't have nyambe anymore so to be honest I'll settle for not an obvious downgrade and grumble into my beer. At least this guy will be under contract for a few years. Too many gaps to plug, need to get on to the next one. 

• Like 7