BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

26 minutes ago, bazza said:

Quite right, Mellor. He's played 17 league games and 1 cup game.

If this is taken from the career statistics on his Wikipedia page (which does show him as only having 17 Championship appearances), it also says above the table of statistics “As of match played 10 January 2021”.

I guess his agent hasn’t updated his Wikipedia stats in a year and a half - that’s all - hence the different appearance figures being touted on here.

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Brittain would be a top signing if we can get it done. Him and Styles the standout players whenever I’ve seen them play,, and Brittain the most impressive of the lot. From what I’ve seen, flare and away better than Nyambe - Get it done,, plus Styles and Cb and we’re cooking!!

100 percent! 

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Brittain would be a top signing if we can get it done. Him and Styles the standout players whenever I’ve seen them play,, and Brittain the most impressive of the lot. From what I’ve seen, flare and away better than Nyambe - Get it done,, plus Styles and Cb and we’re cooking!!

100 percent! 

Am I seeing almost universal agreement that this would be a decent signing?! Has the heat damaged the dimension we are living in?!

Only really remember Brittain from his performance against us at Xmas but he seemed a good wing-back that day and did will going forwards.

Who needs agent Benno when we've got agent @chaddyrovers!

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

100% brittain he had blond highlights n alice band

It does sound like from your description of how Brittain played is the same as how my Dad and I described Styles performance, was everywhere, gave us the run around, looked a quality little player. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think those sorts of stats are particularly relevant to compare to be honest. Brittain was in a side that went down whereas Nyambe was at a team that finished 8th, the former will always make more clearances, interceptions and tackles per game. Both were in totally different teams so even % stats are not directly comparable, especially if they played different roles in different tactics, their duels etc would be in different places etc.

By the same token, comparing assists doesn't tell the whole tale. It's a bit easier setting them up for an on-fire BBD than it is for whatever shite striker/s they got relegated with. They had a good one the season before I think, then lost him? We had Armstrong that season though, 2nd top scorer in the league.

FWIW though. I think the past 2 seasons are the fairest way to compare their assists, since they're the same age and both played in the same league those seasons, plus Barnsley did better than us at the end of the prior season.

2021/22 - Nyambe 0 in 31 games, Brittain 3 in 36

2020/22 - Nyambe 4 in 38, Brittain 5 in 42

So we're talking over 2 seasons, 3 additional assists in 9 extra games (Nyambe used to be TM's fave sub move too, so minutes might paint a different picture, but I dunno how Brittain was used in that regard).

Tbh, I'd want a bit more than that when the main selling point is he's a better attacker. He needs to be at least close to as good a defender as Ryan for it to be a clear upgrade, as I reckon RN is good for preventing more than 1.5 goals extra per season compared with most RBs in this league.

Of course, the usual caveat of stats being unable to tell the entire story, including for reasons already mentioned.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

If Gallagher does go, I hope we at least recoup the £5m outlay on him (although not sure what the chances of that are). 

I have a feeling he’s going to have a productive season if played through the middle but if (and it’s a big if) that money goes back into the pot, it’ll be interesting to see who JDT and GB target.

Very positive news regarding Brittain - hopefully get the ball rolling once the first one comes through the door.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Thinkt JDT wants Birmancevic but depends if Malmo gets out of Champions League qualification...Quality player.

Notice he was subbed last night at half time, don’t know if it’s an injury or not but would assume so.