BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, Butty said:

Carter should be playing at Centre Half or not at all, he played at right back against a good attacking side in Celtic and got the piss taken out of him, he looked a lot better at centre half. I think he’s good enough as cover for centre half and if we go with 3 at the back I think he’d be okay in there. We still need at least 1 centre half bringing in though of course. 

More worryingly, he was our best full back that day.

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Call me simple but ever since I started watching football, I never understood why it wasn't

2 3 4 5 

6 7 8 9

10 11

I'm coming to this 3 hours later - don't know where you lads find all the time to post! - but when I started watching, I watched teams set up as:

2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9 10 11.

Then the Hungarians beat us 6 - 3, and 7 - 1 and formations have been all over the place ever since!😂

20 minutes ago, Neal said:

Sorry got my stats mixed up. 3  mill could be about right but do think it could be more a deal rising to 3 if it comes off. Just my opinion. 

Blackpool will be desperate for the money & for the money quick so they can re-invest….3m will be a rough guide I reckon, maybe less if they want sell on fees…if we can give him a 40% increase on wages, then surely it’s a no brainier for him to come…He’s still young…

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Odd comment from GB:

"We wish to thank Dave Adams and the Board of the Welsh FA for allowing Gus to join us so promptly.”

But he isn't joining us promptly? He's joining next month. It sounds like he is leaving at the end of his contract and therefore we have nothing to thank the Welsh FA for?

Edit - Or could be a notice period as 1864 says above. Although that still doesn't sound like we need to thank the Welsh FA for any particular promptness.

No harm in acting with a bit of class with small comments like this.

if we brought bowler and styles in that would be a great start to JDT revolution!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Carter should be playing at Centre Half or not at all, he played at right back against a good attacking side in Celtic and got the piss taken out of him, he looked a lot better at centre half. I think he’s good enough as cover for centre half and if we go with 3 at the back I think he’d be okay in there. We still need at least 1 centre half bringing in though of course. 

He won't line up across from a player like Jota in the Championship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

No harm in acting with a bit of class with small comments like this.

if we brought bowler and styles in that would be a great start to JDT revolution!

Didn't say there was harm, just that it was a bit odd to me since it doesn't ring true. A similar class statement but more accurate would be along the lines of: 'We would like to thank the Welsh FA for their fantastic professionalism throughout this process and for allowing Guy to take on a new challenge after his many years of dedicated service.'

A very very minor issue of course, it just struck me as odd. Didn't expect so many people to feel the need to disagree on it tbh.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

In most business circles appointing a senior manager and getting him to join in the following month would be regarded as very prompt.

And it's good manners, too. Shows that BRFC appreciate what we're getting.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well we could have said the same about JPvH last season - he effectively blocked Carter. But he was dead good.

I guess it's about whether Morton is a JPvH/Harvey Elliott or a Clarkson.

Klopp raves about Morton but the crafty so has form for talking young lads up, but I'd have him in your first camp. He is a good player. However, playing central midfield in the Championship as a youngster requires a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

JPV would be a fantastic bit of business if it comes off. He loved it here and I think having a dutch assistant manager will help too.

Nothing to suggest we’re going back in for him or that Brighton are even willing to loan him out again or sell him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

And Lingard is on £200,000 a week at Forest! Makes the Premier League seem so far away.

I read that it’s a very bonus heavy contract for Lingard…£200k isn’t his basic salary, he will be on a lot less!

Edited by BRFC_Polky

3 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I read that it’s a very bonus heavy contract for Lingard…£200k isn’t his basic salary, he will be on a lot less!

otherwise his team mates would hate him more than they probably already do

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 1