BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I find it strange. 2 weeks ago I was reading all about how we can't really blame Lenihan for ditching us and moving to a Championship rival - Middlesbrough - because they are more likely to be in with a shot at promotion and he's thinking about his best career move etc. etc.

Now rumours come along the same club are interested in Gallagher and people would entertain selling him, now, 1 week before the season despite our threadbare squad being down to the bare bones with what 8-9 departures and 1 arrival this summer.

Doesn't that tell us something - if a rival supposedly in with a better chance of promotion wants one of our players it might not be the best idea right now to sell him to them.

For all the talk over the last few days and 'excitement' on names LINKED with us reality is we've signed one. Work to do and quickly. We won't get points for trying and missing out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

True, but City are a bit prone to not caring as much as other clubs what fee they get when a player they don't mind losing wants out.

Yes true but the belief from us was that he would cost way more than we could ever consider and he then went for £2M or so. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not convinced we was ever seriously in for him.

Why do you say this? 

You got 2 great source in Glen and Unleaded saying we are in for him. Then we in for him

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Unfortunately I think Morton will be our sole midfield recruit. 

The Morton deal is on hold for now

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you say this? 

You got 2 great source in Glen and Unleaded saying we are in for him. Then we in for him

The Morton deal is on hold for now

Ultimately all that matters is whether he signs or doesnt sign. Would be pleasantly surprised if he ends up at Ewood.

Im guessing that the Morton deal will be resurrected later in the window. I just hope he is not he only midfield recruit as we need a couple.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ultimately all that matters is whether he signs or doesnt sign. Would be pleasantly surprised if he ends up at Ewood.

Im guessing that the Morton deal will be resurrected later in the window. I just hope he is not he only midfield recruit as we need a couple.

I expect we sign at least 1 maybe 2 for this position. 

Well let's he does sign here

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Yes true but the belief from us was that he would cost way more than we could ever consider and he then went for £2M or so. 

Yes but Tosin was on about 40k a week at the time.His transfer fee affordable but probably due to the fact the contract he was on at City was very lucrative.

Wouldn't have had many takers if his fee was much higher than the £2 Million and the buying club had to take on that contract.

He had had 1 mediocre spell in the Championship with West Brom and 1 good spell with us 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not convinced we was ever seriously in for him. Unfortunately I think Morton will be our sole midfield recruit. 

What makes you say this?JDT has spoken about our lack of numbers in midfield 

I would put money on that your wrong.It won't be only Morton

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I find it strange. 2 weeks ago I was reading all about how we can't really blame Lenihan for ditching us and moving to a Championship rival - Middlesbrough - because they are more likely to be in with a shot at promotion and he's thinking about his best career move etc. etc.

Now rumours come along the same club are interested in Gallagher and people would entertain selling him, now, 1 week before the season despite our threadbare squad being down to the bare bones with what 8-9 departures and 1 arrival this summer.

Doesn't that tell us something - if a rival supposedly in with a better chance of promotion wants one of our players it might not be the best idea right now to sell him to them.

For all the talk over the last few days and 'excitement' on names LINKED with us reality is we've signed one. Work to do and quickly. We won't get points for trying and missing out.

Does it matter what people on here would or wouldn't do?

We won't be selling Gallagher to Boro or another championship club 

7 hours ago, unleaded said:

Looks like the Styles deal is not happening Besiktas have come in & have agreed personal terms with the player 8 K a week …..
Negotiations continue with Club Barnsley…….Valery is pushing for him …

65FD1024-1743-444C-B543-E0AE679B6A04.thumb.jpeg.17bb9a0cded8098b06028755dea9e8ee.jpeg

Let’s hope they can’t agree a few with Barnsley…..I live in hope.

Be amazed if he chose us over Besiktas.

Said earlier in the thread that Styles would go the same way as Anel and Davies. Someone was always going to gazump us for him. Think it will be the same with Bowler too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

If we can’t offer him over 8k a week then that’s a bit embarrassing.

To put the player in the same financial position it would have to be a lot more than £8k a week. I remember reading that overseas players in Turkey were paying tax at around only 14% which compares with income tax at a marginal rate of 45% in the UK plus NI.

7 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Got first news from an agent at lunch yesterday saying sell on clause was holding up an agreement but he thought it was a formality.

SW confirmed in the meeting I had that we was in for him and were genuinely excited at how far he can go.

So FEE and Wages wont be an issue.

As i previously posted, this will come down to if he fancies Turkey and Europe, or he fancies Championship.

Its a big club in Turkey and European football, so the sell be harder if they have bid too

They won't be playing European football (assuming you meant champs league/europa) as they had a poor season by their standards and finished 6th I think. UEFA clearly don't want Turkish teams in there, they aren't fashionable enough and have to go through qualification rounds anyway its a joke.

I guess it'll come down to wether he wants to reunite with Ismael and live in hotter climes for a while....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

To put the player in the same financial position it would have to be a lot more than £8k a week. I remember reading that overseas players in Turkey were paying tax at around only 14% which compares with income tax at a marginal rate of 45% in the UK plus NI.

Jobs fu*ked then 😅

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Yes but Tosin was on about 40k a week at the time.His transfer fee affordable but probably due to the fact the contract he was on at City was very lucrative.

Wouldn't have had many takers if his fee was much higher than the £2 Million and the buying club had to take on that contract.

He had had 1 mediocre spell in the Championship with West Brom and 1 good spell with us 

It was just shy of two million they paid and he was on 20k a week at City. Not sure how much his Fulham contract is/was but it'd be more than that. No way we could get him once they were in for him.

14 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

It was just shy of two million they paid and he was on 20k a week at City. Not sure how much his Fulham contract is/was but it'd be more than that. No way we could get him once they were in for him.

Thought he was on higher than that due to a story I read a while back but just read the same story and the paper suggested it was £25k per week .But yes was never coming here 

Screenshot_2022-07-23-07-47-23-32_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by islander200

Brannagan, a 26 year old most trading in league one...whos place will he take? More a squad player. 

We need player like Styles and Bowler to improve otherwise we can play Garrett or Wharton...

Edited by neophox
  • Like 5