BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

In fairness to Sharpe, i just dont think Rovers tell anyone with fear of others coming in, fees being inflated/matched etc.

If people think we have money to spend, it potentially inflates the next deal. Its better to potray we are skint and quietly try and get it done.

Other journos have probably a wider network to tap into outside ewood. Nixon talks with all clubs, agents from decades of running national stories.

Even radio lancs only report on it when its done

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Seems a bit odd that Waggott would divulge the Styles information to you, though (no disrespect intended!).

Yea, would be unprofessional and a stupid thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Guesswork and reporting after the fact.

Even last week after the Brittain unveiling he ran a story saying we will at least replace the first teamers that left.Clearly got that from the missing stickers. 

I very much doubt he has any inside sources 

Whereas we are going off a raised eyebrow from someone’s recounting of a meeting with the ceo

11 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Whereas we are going off a raised eyebrow from someone’s recounting of a meeting with the ceo

Well no because Glen had it from the Barnsley side.Its not like he has never been on the money before is it?

Plus nobody including Glen has said Styles had signed.He fits the profile of the sort of player we would be in for 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

To be fair to Rich I think he reports and writes well. But he can only tell and report on what he knows and is told, which isn’t much by all accounts. 

He definitely doesn't write well. I was writing better than that by the end of Primary School. The articles are littered with grammatical and other errors that rile me no end. The editor should take some flak for that too though.

If you mean his footballing opinions, I think they have merit from time to time and he occasionally writes interesting stuff. I think he is keen and has a good work rate, but his writing is technically shoddy and his sources appear to be highly limited most of the time. Unless he hears loads he doesn't report because the club don't want him to and he's just too soft to be a real journalist about it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, islander200 said:

What makes you say this?JDT has spoken about our lack of numbers in midfield 

I would put money on that your wrong.It won't be only Morton

Just my opinion as much as it is as speculative as anyone .

The narrative seems to be to replace the main outgoings, and we have lots of big holes to fill on a finite budget. 

You was saying only the other day that you would be happy with just 1 incoming and even when I said that a second midfielder would be on my agenda even if the second is a loan and/or it means only signing 1 CB, you dismissed my point as potentially leading to a dilution of quality. So would you be unhappy if it was just Morton.

I hope you are right by the way, I have been consistent in saying that we need 2 in there.

Cantwell starting for a strong Norwich side today. I think that rumour was only ever a figment of Alan Nixon's imagination.

Brannagan starting for Oxford, Styles as mentioned starts for Barnsley although reports of no bid anyway, Peterborough kick off an hour later so interesting to see if Smozdics plays, although not overly excited by that potential deal anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cantwell starting for a strong Norwich side today. I think that rumour was only ever a figment of Alan Nixon's imagination.

Brannagan starting for Oxford, Styles as mentioned starts for Barnsley although reports of no bid anyway, Peterborough kick off an hour later so interesting to see if Smozdics plays, although not overly excited by that potential deal anyway.

Apparently Broughton has a direct line to Cantwell's team.

He'll be a last minute transfer if it happens IMO and that's to anyone. 

As for the players starting for their teams, they're contracted so it's no surprise.

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just my opinion as much as it is as speculative as anyone .

The narrative seems to be to replace the main outgoings, and we have lots of big holes to fill on a finite budget. 

You was saying only the other day that you would be happy with just 1 incoming and even when I said that a second midfielder would be on my agenda even if the second is a loan and/or it means only signing 1 CB, you dismissed my point as potentially leading to a dilution of quality. So would you be unhappy if it was just Morton.

I hope you are right by the way, I have been consistent in saying that we need 2 in there.

Yeah 1 midfielder who is somewhat proven.And I also said that only one IF the coaching team thought Garrett and Wharton were up to it.Obviously If they ain't then 2 would most definitely be needed. 

If Morton comes in on loan then we have Travis, Buckley, Morton, Garrett and Wharton not enough senior minutes in that 5.

JDT has spoken about the championship minutes we have lost and I believe a permanent signing will be made to take Rothwells place.If we only bring Morton in then I think that would be ludicrous 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ash Phillips wearing number 5 today, if that’s his squad number it’s a big sign of intent whilst he hasn’t signed a contract 

May as well use him before he leaves…

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Troy parrot is one I would think we are thinking about if we sell brereton 

Do you know much about Troy Parrott and would you like to sign him permanent? 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Barnsley manager was on the radio confirming bid from Rovers according to @goozburger

Cantwell link was real but If Rovers got into a position to sign him it would be last day of the window if it happens. 

I would expect all players to be starting since they are good key players for their clubs

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You forgot to mention that Diaz is starting for us today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Barnsley manager was on the radio confirming bid from Rovers according to @goozburger

Cantwell link was real but If Rovers got into a position to sign him it would be last day of the window if it happens. 

I would expect all players to be starting since they are good key players for their clubs

He confirmed they had bids for Styles he didn't mention from what club though 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks good although at a level below, very much our target mo this summer it appears 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He didn't say from Rovers.

I am not convinced Cantwell was ever likely to go anywhere, if indeed an interest was there. How are you so sure that it was real?

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

You forgot to mention that Diaz is starting for us today.

Absolutely. He isn't close to imminently leaving/hasn't got a club deep in talks with us like those other players aren't imminently coming here.