BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Jason Knight would have been a better purchase imo.  Similar but younger and a better player.  In League 1 with Derby currently.

is he number 10 player who has the attributes JDT wants in the player for that role? 

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Six more months? So that will be 30 months since he's contributed anything on the field then.

No, in that he will have contributed plenty in the next six months.

8 minutes ago, Tricky said:

there's equally a strange obsession from sone on here with 'Dacky' as our best player too...

if he isnt cut out for this team moving forward, he either needs to roll his sleeves up or be shown the door

Roll his sleeves up? He’s played 60 mins of pre season 🤣🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fwiw, I’m certainly not writing Dack off. I know for a fact that the club were concerned very early on about Ayala and Dack fitting in with the new regime. I posted this at the time (around 5 days after JDT had been unveiled). Since then, this issue has started to play out more publicly and the weekend along with the signing of Szmodics in Dacks position plus the explanation given by GB around Szmodics make for an interesting dynamic…

That said I really hope that Dack forces his way in, runs around like a mad man and discovers his best form! He’s a brilliant player and was the best in the league pre-injury!

I’m pretty sure of one thing though, JDT won’t be relaxing his game plan / style for any player. Even Bradley Dack.

Has it played out publically? It seems like you are eager to prove your earlier assumption. It was said earlier last week that he wasn't going to start due to a lack of minutes. He as expected didn't start and we was winning for most of the game, so he wasn't brought on. A huge deal has been made of that fairly logical sequence of events which lit like wildfire when his girlfriend responded to a fan (stupidly) saying that he wanted to play, which I would be more worried if he wasn't arsed.

Ayala played at the weekend and was excellent. Did the whispers come directly from a member of the coaching team or from elsewhere?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Looks like Sheffield United will be in the same lake  as us fishing for a centre back. 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-sheffield-united-star-jack-robinson-faces-three-months-out-in-crushing-blow/

they have got problems all over the pitch,not just in defence,they were awful against watford,created nothing and generally looked not very good

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m pretty sure of one thing though, JDT won’t be relaxing his game plan / style for any player. Even Bradley Dack.

This is one of the main points I have been making over the past of couple of days. I don't see JDT adapting or changing his style of play or tactics for one player. He has clear way of playing and I believe he will stick to it. I don't think he should either. 

25 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

He can play a number of positions.  Winger or midfielder and I believe he can do a  good job as a 10.  Derby ad wasted his ability recently playing him as a wing back.

he played right back last weekend I believe

Szmodics scored more goals than any of our midfielders last season playing in a poor squad that was relagated. 

Only gallagher(by just 3 more) and BBD scored more than him in our whole squad

I'm pretty optimistic he'll do well for the team, for me he doesn't necessarily have to score double figures as long as he's contributing well in other areas and our other attackers are all chipping in with goals and assists... 

As for his fee, it just is what it is. Seems about the going rate for a good attacking player going into his peak years to me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Szmodics scored more goals than any of our midfielders last season playing in a poor squad that was relagated. 

Only gallagher(by just 3 more) and BBD scored more than him in our whole squad

I'm pretty optimistic he'll do well for the team, for me he doesn't necessarily have to score double figures as long as he's contributing well in other areas and our other attackers are all chipping in with goals and assists... 

As for his fee, it just is what it is. Seems about the going rate for a good attacking player going into his peak years to me

Would have preferred JCH if we were buying from the Posh....for me at least a Championship forward 

Too much guff is being said about Dack, right now he just needs to bide his time and prove his fitness, he's an intelligent player and I'm sure if he's fit and strong enough to hold his own he'll be able to force his way into the squad and adapt to whatever the manager wants.

Right now i think the biggest worry Dack and everyone around him at the club will have is whether his legs can hack it or will he breakdown if he pushes too hard, which I think would pretty much mean the end of his career at this level 😔

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Would have preferred JCH if we were buying from the Posh....for me at least a Championship forward 

But JCH has never done it at this level.

21 goals in 5,700 minutes at Champ level. Sam Gallagher has 40 goal from 13,100 minutes in the Champ.

So hardly better than what we have in the building.

45 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Just remind me who scored the only goals against Lincoln  and Port Vale in pre season. Dack has a gift to find time and space in the box it's instinctive. I don't see any one else with that instinct.

Wow, such challenging opposition in competitive games... 

We now have 8 interchangeable forwards of:

Gallagher 

BBD / ANOther

Vale

Dolan

Hedges

Szmodics

Dack

Markanday

It's reasonable to expect that as an average, each of those can score 6 goals across 46 games (i.e. 48 goals). Add in another 15 from midfield, defence and og's, that's 63 goals.

Last season we scored 69 goals, conceding 59. It's the 59 figure that most needs addressing, but if that can be reduced by 10 and we can match last season's goals scored tally, that will see us top 6.

I know that's rather a simple way of looking at things, but I don't think it ought to be considered unachievable with the right investment in defence this window.

• Like 4