BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Kaminski

Lenihan

Van Hecke

Wharton

Nyambe

Rothwell

Travis (Debatable as had a poor season imo)

BBD

All performed better than Buckley last season...you disagree?

You're comparing the performance of Buckley and a goalkeeper? 'insert passive-aggressive laughing emoji'

Post in the Buckley thread from end of Feb 22. Looks like he was near the top of stats for players in his position. And thats before he startd slamming them in from 30 yards. 

image.png.7b545880a896a1716b76bcfde5a245d3.png

I noticed someone on here said you normally started slagging off Buckley within minutes of matches starting. A quick read of your posts during matches confirms this this -  you have an unnatural obsession with Buckley. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think you could easily argue that he was to be fair. Certainly as far as the attack and midfield go, there was only Brereton who I'd have in front of him. I'd have him in the top five alongside Brereton and the back three. 

Gally gets panned on here and I'm on the fence, Buckley had a similar season to him. Add Khadra, Pickering, Dolan into that and a few other also rans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

As I said. "Universally panned" apparently. I think an apology is in order ☺️

It was a minority though, that would defend him relentlessly. In this case you're in the minority in thinking Buckley is shit. I think it's just you and Sparks as far as I can see. A smaller club than Lowe's fan club was.

Just saying. Popularity isn't a measure of truth though.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I mean, I’m sure everyone thinks that about someone’s view on here.

Ideally, people would just debate instead of trying to be amateur mods and shutting debate down, alas- that hasn’t been happening.

I get you.

But i mean some of the stuff people come out with to defend their opinions is just absolute fantasy land theories! You can't debate made up stuff! And if you try to then they just make up more stuff, not everyones capable of just holding up their hands and accepting when they may be wrong(or at least just stepping back from the "discusion") 

Personally, call me childish😅😅sorry, But I cant help but give silly answers to silly questions.

Just now, BigBar said:

Gally gets panned on here and I'm on the fence, Buckley had a similar season to him. Add Khadra, Pickering, Dolan into that and a few other also rans.

Think this will just come down to a difference of opinion. Gally had a better season by his standards, but for me was below Buckley. The others you mention even more so - Khadra had a small number of great games, but overall had long spells not contributing or making silly decisions in the final third. 

I don't want to sound like he's the finished product - I think that's what makes him so exciting - and he did fade with the rest of the team after Christmas. But last year was a massive step forward for him, and I think he is one of maybe three or four players that we have that literally every team in the league would take if we offered them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You're comparing the performance of Buckley and a goalkeeper? 'insert passive-aggressive laughing emoji'

Post in the Buckley thread from end of Feb 22. Looks like he was near the top of stats for players in his position. And thats before he startd slamming them in from 30 yards. 

image.png.7b545880a896a1716b76bcfde5a245d3.png

I noticed someone on here said you normally started slagging off Buckley within minutes of matches starting. A quick read of your posts during matches confirms this this -  you have an unnatural obsession with Buckley. 

Wont deny I have slammed him. What's your point? I have been a MASSIVE critic..I'll debate it with anyone and point it out because I feel it needs to be. You are new around here, you'll settle in champ. 

I think Buckley showed glimpses last season, one that automatically springs to mind was the first game against Swansea. Unfortunately he didn't do it often enough although I think there is definitely a player in there.

If he was a few years younger and showing this sort of promise, he'd get the benefit of the doubt from some. Also in the last season or so he has definitely come on which is encouraging. I think if he could do it more consistently and obviously add to his assists/goals, he could be great for us.

If he was a couple of years younger or did add to his numbers, then premier league clubs would be all over him. I certainly think he can become a much better player than rothwell. With age on his side and obviously be will get plenty of chances here.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Clubs circling around to take Keinan Davis on a loan. He would add unreal value to us if we could do it. Probably end up at Boro

He ripped us apart at Ewood last season…he’s a beast!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Think this will just come down to a difference of opinion. Gally had a better season by his standards, but for me was below Buckley. The others you mention even more so - hadra had a small number of great games, but overall had long spells not contributing or making silly decisions in the final third. Khadra had a small number of great games, but overall had long spells not contributing or making silly decisions in the final third. 

I don't want to sound like he's the finished product - I think that's what makes him so exciting - and he did fade with the rest of the team after Christmas. But last year was a massive step forward for him, and I think he is one of maybe three or four players that we have that literally every team in the league would take if we offered them.

Sound familiar? 😉

• Like 1

Cannot understand anyone watching Buckley and not seeing a huge amount of ability.  His passing range is fantastic, he's very good in nicking the ball back and turning play over, and he was a crucial catalyst in our fantastic run last season.  So many times we broke with pace because he spotted a brilliant pass or won the ball back high. 

Worth remembering he's only 22 and is coming up for 100 Championship games - he might peak and trough at times throughout a season, but he's one of our most talented players in my view. 

One thing that does annoy me.... too many needless bookings and too much moaning at the referee. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

He ripped us apart at Ewood last season…he’s a beast!

Was Davis the lad on loan at Forest, then yes I'd have him in a heartbeat - one of the best #9's I've seen at Ewood in years.

Not sure he'd get you 20 goals himself, but he'd certainly upgrade the front line - 2022 Jason Roberts?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Was Davis the lad on loan at Forest, then yes I'd have him in a heartbeat - one of the best #9's I've seen at Ewood in years.

Not sure he'd get you 20 goals himself, but he'd certainly upgrade the front line - 2022 Jason Roberts?

I agree he’s not normally a finisher but he’ll get his share and he’ll make goals for other people. A massive up grade on Gally.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Welcome to the forum champ. Obsessive is scrolling back through a forum for posts when you weren't even a member. You'll get there boy.👍

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You may want to look up obsessive 👍 and 'mouse's'. 

FFS! I'm wasting enough time on this board without having to read this stuff. Grow up.

How long you've been a member of this board should not be a factor, even if you are someone who remembers Lee Grooby.

• Like 2

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Kaminski

Lenihan

Van Hecke

Wharton

Nyambe

Rothwell

Travis (Debatable as had a poor season imo)

BBD

All performed better than Buckley last season...you disagree?

Given that it was Buckley's breakout season, I think it's a bit harsh. I had him and Trav (alongside Kaminski and Lenihan) as first names on the teamsheet.

26 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Jason Lowe had a lot of supporters for years! 😣 Probably still be here if his contract didn't expire... 😅

A lot ?

No, just the minority he had were very noisy ones who camped on here night and day.

34 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Think this will just come down to a difference of opinion. Gally had a better season by his standards, but for me was below Buckley. The others you mention even more so - Khadra had a small number of great games, but overall had long spells not contributing or making silly decisions in the final third. 

Correct decision making at speed under pressure is what separates the average players from the top class ones. Khadra’s decision making wasn’t that of a top player. He got more wrong than he got right.

I remember watching New Zealand v Australia at Rugby League. Australia were losing by about 2 points with 10 seconds of the game to go. They mounted an attack were  about 6 players all handled the ball. Each player had to decide when and where to pass, which player to pass to. Pass inside or pass outside etc. This was all done at amazing speed and every player in the move got the critical decisions right. If any one of those players had made a mistake the move would have broken down. Result - a match winning try in the corner.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

You mean the Keenan Davis who has scored 8 goals in 88 games. That Keenan Davis?

I think/ hope we can do better....

To be fair, sometimes the eye test is the only barometer you need. He's better than Gallagher and Vale.