BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Wheres this 30 game guarantee thing come from? A credible source or a dingle conjuring up excuses?

Van Hecke made 31 appearances last season, won player of the season and IMO walked away a better player for it. You could argue Elliott was the same I guess but he was already a class act. No silly guarantees or clauses should be required when we already have good recent dealings with Liverpool and also previous for giving loan players plenty of game time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Been quietly impressed with Tayo Edun's performances under JDT

He’s got so much talent on the ball, think he could do a job in midfield when needed and I’m actually not fully against him coming in for Pickering in certain games when we are going to be on the front foot. At home to sides we should be giving a good pasting.

• Like 2

I go on a video games forum, they have a few football threads. I noticed they were talking about reliable sources on a man Yoo thread and linked to this Reddit page; https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/wiki/transfer-reliability-guide/

Nixon is top rated according to this 😂 Maybe he just doesn’t know anything when it comes to us or maybe he’s got everyone fooled? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Wheres this 30 game guarantee thing come from? A credible source or a dingle conjuring up excuses?

Van Hecke made 31 appearances last season, won player of the season and IMO walked away a better player for it. You could argue Elliott was the same I guess but he was already a class act. No silly guarantees or clauses should be required when we already have good recent dealings with Liverpool and also previous for giving loan players plenty of game time.

I'm not sure Liverpool or the player involved last season would agree, think he got about 5 appearances. 

I'd be surprised if a 30 appearance clause is possible, more likely if 30 appearances aren't made across the season, we pay an additional fee

I hope rovers have quietly put out an unofficial deadline day of around 25th August for any clubs seriously interested in bbd!  The worst case scenario would be to lose him on deadline day or in the few days leading up to it leaving us little time to find and negotiate a deal for a good replacement 😣

Be interesting to know if they've already got a shortlist of potential replacements drawn up for if he does leave. I'm guessing if there is it will becstored away in the rovers vaults for Mr Broughtons eyes only 🤐😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex l said:

I'm not sure Liverpool or the player involved last season would agree, think he got about 5 appearances. 

I'd be surprised if a 30 appearance clause is possible, more likely if 30 appearances aren't made across the season, we pay an additional fee

Clarkson was nowhere near up to it thats why, would have been suicidal to shoehorn him in. Its pretty obvious Van Den Berg is a different kettle of fish, he's been there done it.

9 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Been quietly impressed with Tayo Edun's performances under JDT

Wonder if it’s just coincidence that a coach like JDT whose believes his biggest priority is to work with and improve the players at the club has seen an upturn in performances. We’ve already seen a big improvement imo in Ryan Hedges from last season and he’s also turned Trav into a goal scoring midfield player.! Take into account Eduns performances and, having watched the whole game on Rovers TV I thought even JRC played well. 

That’s the difference between a coach like JDT and a manager like Mowbray

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Wonder if it’s just coincidence that a coach like JDT whose believes his biggest priority is to work with and improve the players at the club has seen an upturn in performances. We’ve already seen a big improvement imo in Ryan Hedges from last season and he’s also turned Trav into a goal scoring midfield player.! Take into account Eduns performances and, having watched the whole game on Rovers TV I thought even JRC played well. 

That’s the difference between a coach like JDT and a manager like Mowbray

It's always a bit silly to write off footballers completely based on their performances with a specific manager. Especially when they're young and/or recovering from injury. 

Good managers/HC's improve players. I'm sure that's what JDT will do with quite  few of those here. 

28 minutes ago, Norn Iron Rover said:

Checked her account this morning to see if there had been any further updates and I note the original tweet has now been deleted. 🤷‍♂️

I guess she just piggy-backed on Nixon's update then.

Seems Big Al is still rolling with us though, even with the mention of other teams suddenly expressing an interest;

image.png.f009a0aafedf4bc0eb4c4321b536e738.png

Edited by TheRevAshton