BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Backroom
30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Some of us knew there was no money from the start. It was staring at us in the face. Broughton got his job convincing the shadow man that he could deliver better value in the market through his academy connections.

Still run by the same people though. I mean look at these two on Saturday. Running Blackburn Rovers, heaven help us.

Screenshot_20220822-202600_Chrome.jpg

The lady behind called Karen by any chance.

There's an expression that's summoned a few managers over the years. 

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Got a twitch today chaddy?

?

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's the problem. I don't.

Some money spent yes but there aren't many clubs in the world of professional football that don't at least spend something.

It is quite obvious the budget is unsuitable for the numbers and standard we need.

what a surprised you don't you didn't expect any money to be spend and you have been proven wrong here. 

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Do you think the money has been spent wisely so far? What if that is the majority of our budget? 

I think Brittain is very good signing. wanted him for months and nearly 12 months to replace Nyambe who I didn't rate as highly as others on here. 

Szmodics, Played well in his first 2 games and not good in his first 2 games, but fair too early to judge after just 4 games. Some fans have wrote him off already which I'm not surprised by. 

Morton, barely played but very highly rated by Liverpool. 

If you have read posts by Glen Mullan and Phili it's that isn't the majority of our budget. 

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That’s another premature statement Chaddy. Everyone hopes the structure is right, but at the moment it looks dysfunctional.

The structure might work if we had decent budgets, a top CEO, an established recruitment team, and a well established strategy built with the managers input.

We appear to have none of that.

I wanted this structure for long time as its works and provide the club with a proper footballing modern day structure. 

Isn't 10 million budget decent enough? 

The recruitment has lost several people over the past months but that what happens when bigger clubs or people want a promotion or more important role within scouting. We have just brought in a new head of recruitment and the club is bringing back the head of European scouting that Mowbray got rid off last summer. So maybe let Gregg Broughton and Gus Williams bring new scouts and recruitment analysts we need, 

This summer we starting a new strategy and under a newly appointed director of football and head coach so maybe given it time and abit of patience to work and build the squad up. 

Yes head coach JDT has a strategy of how he wants to play but we need signings for him to do this. 

I have listened to the interviews from JDT and GB when we unveiled them and they spoken about strategy and how many times has JDT keep saying this is Project.  

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

JDT has just said in that interview tonight, the club provides the players . He was probed very well by Bayes and left zero doubt, that he does not get involved in providing targets or negotiating them. Its GB's role, he just picks the team

I don’t read it like that glen. I think that’s a bit too literal.

GB will no doubt recommend players, do the hard miles and do any negotiating. JDT will be aware of the situations and players being pursued and certainly wouldn’t accept anyone he didn’t want. It’s already been said he will have the final say on players.

It couldn’t be any other way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

?

what a surprised you don't you didn't expect any money to be spend and you have been proven wrong here. 

I think Brittain is very good signing. wanted him for months and nearly 12 months to replace Nyambe who I didn't rate as highly as others on here. 

Szmodics, Played well in his first 2 games and not good in his first 2 games, but fair too early to judge after just 4 games. Some fans have wrote him off already which I'm not surprised by. 

If you have read posts by Glen Mullan and Phili it's that isn't the majority of our budget. 

I wanted this structure for long time as its works and provide the club with a proper footballing modern day structure. 

The recruitment has lost several people over the past months but that what happens when bigger clubs or people want a promotion or more important role within scouting. We have just brought in a new head of recruitment and the club is bringing back the head of European scouting that Mowbray got rid off last summer. So maybe let Gregg Broughton and Gus Williams bring new scouts and recruitment analysts we need, 

This summer we starting a new strategy and under a newly appointed director of football and head coach so maybe given it time and abit of patience to work and build the squad up. 

Yes head coach JDT has a strategy of how he wants to play but we need signings for him to do this. 

I have listened to the interviews from JDT and GB when we unveiled them and they spoken about strategy and how many times has JDT keep saying this is Project.  

Nothings never really wrong in your views is it, i would love to have your outlook on life

30 minutes ago, booth said:

So now we're a club where the bloke in charge of getting results has no choice over the players he has to work with.

Could work.

seinfeld-eye-roll.gif.a81a4262db574b1643a38309e974afd5.gif

I wouldn’t have taken the job in those circumstances. It’s a ridiculous state of affairs. 

How it should work is the manager says to the DOF “ I’m looking for a left winger, see who you can find “ . The DOF comes back with a short list of likely options and the manager decides if he’s interested in any of them or not.

• Like 3

Why is everyone writing GB off already? Some serious toys being thrown out the pram because we haven’t made enough singings yet. Its pathetic, at least give the man until the 1st September before you start passing judgement. Its like people think we are playing football manager and you can just sign players easily. Every day I read the messageboard and its gets more and more toxic.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Nothings never really wrong in your views is it, i would love to have your outlook on life

I always keep positive and look at life as half glass full instead of half empty. 

very rarely get angry at anything and remain calm and cool about everything

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

?

And at what point will you judge the window to have been a poor one?

Because I know full well that when we fall short of making the number of signings required or of the calibre required, or when we fall short of this '£10 million' budget you're now repeating as though it is fact, you'll be on saying that we shouldn't judge after 1 window, about how this is a multi-year process, about how we couldn't spend money because of x,y,z, about how we haven't had enough time, or how the Diaz situation is causing problems, and so on and so forth. You'll just move the goalposts again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Why is everyone writing GB off already? Some serious toys being thrown out the pram because we haven’t made enough singings yet. Its pathetic, at least give the man until the 1st September before you start passing judgement. Its like people think we are playing football manager and you can just sign players easily. Every day I read the messageboard and its gets more and more toxic.

I don’t know about easy, but it certainly shouldn’t be so difficult. It’s literally his job. Why is it seemingly a much harder task for Blackburn Rovers to sign players than practically every other club in the world?

Is JDT being pathetic? Cos he’s clearly frustrated and growing impatient.

• Like 3

On a plus note Phil Jones not in the Utd squad tonight … he coming home he coming home ……

Sorry , got to keep myself occupied with yet another year of uncertainty after all the hype and hope around the GB & JDT. Appointment. Rome wasn’t built in a day but Rovers need to be in the next 10 days. Quality is a must. Untested kids or lads from abroad take time to adjust, we need players to hit the ground running, although signing an up and coming decent striker to replace BBD next season would be nice. 🙏🏻🔵

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

?

Chaddy, do you remember when Vinjay kept going on and on about wanting a takeover? We need a takeover. We need a takeover. Look at the farce that has followed for 12 years as he got his wish.

I have a feeling it's going to be similar case with your wish for a Director of Football model. This is currently the wrong club, under the wrong ownership model within which to try such a strategy. They bloody need to get the basics right before trying to be smart arses, IMO.

It might work under ambitious, interested owners, with skilled operators behind the scenes, but not this shambolic operation, IMO.

Are you not disappointed? Having wanted a Director of Football to come in for years, only for an underwhelming Academy waffler like Broughton to turn up? That would be seriously disappointing to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

And at what point will you judge the window to have been a poor one?

Surely any transfer window judgement should actually be made after the window is close and signings have been made. Instead of panicking and worrying so much like many on here are doing so. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Because I know full well that when we fall short of making the number of signings required or of the calibre required, or when we fall short of this '£10 million' budget you're now repeating as though it is fact, you'll be on saying that we shouldn't judge after 1 window, about how this is a multi-year process, about how we couldn't spend money because of x,y,z, about how we haven't had enough time, or how the Diaz situation is causing problems, and so on and so forth. You'll just move the goalposts again.

Well JDT and GB has said this project from moment one which is their words and what they keep repeating. So maybe people need to look at the situation like that. 

JH, you were wrong about us not spending money this window so you can just admit you were wrong which so far you haven't

I don't know what the exactly figure is for the budget but it is healthy budget compare to other non parachute payments clubs. 2 posters have posted that figure and unless you got other info to suggest this is wrong then what is wrong with using that figure? 

This is new club management structure we all 3 key positions on the footballing management structure needed filling in DoF, head coach and head of recruitment, So yes I am willing to give them some time and patience to bring it all together and work together, Its takes time to forge good working relationship and understanding of people roles.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know about easy, but it certainly shouldn’t be so difficult. It’s literally his job. Why is it seemingly a much harder task for Blackburn Rovers to sign players than practically every other club in the world?

Is JDT being pathetic? Cos he’s clearly frustrated and growing impatient.

I'd argue that it's not difficult at all to get players in the door.

It is, however, difficult to get the right players through the door.

And that's where we're currently at.

The question is, at one point do we abandon our main targets and just get bodies through the door? Or do we not do that at all and stick to our plan/guns?

Either way, it's unfair to place too much criticism on Broughton until the window has shut and we've concluded our business.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Very much so, seems goalposts have moved.

Still some time left in window, but GB to date seems a downgrade on that Senior, and he was shocking.

Business so far, 2 players from relegated clubs and a loan.

Stinks of the days when we were buying the likes of Ashley Ward.

Trying to stay positive, but even the football has been dross.

Here's hoping for a miracle

Agree to disagree - I was hugely entertained watching us play WBA, Swansea and QPR. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'd argue that it's not difficult at all to get players in the door.

It is, however, difficult to get the right players through the door.

And that's where we're currently at.

The question is, at one point do we abandon our main targets and just get bodies through the door? Or do we not do that at all and stick to our plan/guns?

Either way, it's unfair to place too much criticism on Broughton until the window has shut and we've concluded our business.

I’d say you abandon them at the point it becomes unlikely they are coming. We seem to have put all our eggs in one or two baskets in terms of centre backs, so far no joy. It’s cost us in our last couple of games and looks likely to for at least the next couple too. Its not just bodies either, there are plenty of good options out there. If that’s the reason for a hold up on centre backs, ok, but there are plenty of other glaring gaps to address.

For clarity, the bulk of my criticism goes to the common denominator of the last 12 years.

• Like 1

Just when we thought Rovers couldnt be a more disfunctional club than we are

Then we get todays JDT interview

After listening to that unless we get some decent additions before the end of the window JDT won't stick around for long

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Toxic? Don’t be so melodramatic. 
It’s hardly that deep- people are just passing comment on what they think so far. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s only because they made your glass too big.

its always a pint glass 

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Footballing recruitment isn't a easy job at all. 

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Chaddy, do you remember when Vinjay kept going on and on about wanting a takeover? We need a takeover. We need a takeover. Look at the farce that has followed for 12 years as he got his wish.

I have a feeling it's going to be similar case with your wish for a Director of Football model. This is currently the wrong club, under the wrong ownership model within which to try such a strategy. They bloody need to get the basics right before trying to be smart arses, IMO.

It might work under ambitious, interested owners, with skilled operators behind the scenes, but not this shambolic operation, IMO.

Are you not disappointed? Having wanted a Director of Football to come in for years, only for an underwhelming Academy waffler like Broughton to turn up? That would be seriously disappointing to me.

If you want takeover fine but not any time soon. I rather focus on footballing matters not things like that. 

No I am not disappointed cos you haven't given him time at all before given some unfair judgement. Manchester United DoF John Murtough is from an academy background, or the same as Sunderland DoF Kristen Speakman or Norwich Dof who started as working in academy at Wrexham. 

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Toxic? Don’t be so melodramatic. 
It’s hardly that deep- people are just passing comment on what they think so far. 

Its the amount of negativity. People have different opinion’s, that’s the beauty of a forum. What baffles me is people writing GB off already. 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Footballing recruitment isn't a easy job at all. 

It wouldn’t be easy for you and me, but we have supposedly appointed someone with the correct qualification, experience and skill set, so it shouldn’t be this hard!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Its the amount of negativity. People have different opinion’s, that’s the beauty of a forum. What baffles me is people writing GB off already. 

Some are negative, some are positive- you said it yourself, people have different opinions. 

2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

People have different opinions, that's the beauty of the forum, but you're baffled that some people have a different opinion?

• Like 1