BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of then don't seem that bothered about losing him and that if it was a choice between losing him or 4 other "star" players it's no contest.

Some saying they heard we've had a bid of around £2.5 to £3m in for him for 2-3 weeks. So maybe it's not a particularly new development.

I'd say the opposite, they say he's a very good player and they'd be sad to see him go, on the whole.

I think the top point is understandable in modern football too. If you asked Man City fans who they'd rather sell out of Bernardo Silva, Haaland, Mahrez or Laporte, they'd probably say Laporte. Doesn't mean he's any less important, but the goalscorers are always the stars of the team in fans eyes.

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We offered Lenihan £24k per week apparently.

Boro offered him £2m more than Rovers over the 4 year period (so £10k per week more) according to Waggott.

We would therefore have had to smash our wage ceiling to re-sign him. 

And then he still might have wanted to go to Boro as on paper they have more chance of going up, and have a proven manager at this level. 

So we didn't really 'let' him leave. He was out of contract. . He wanted to go.

So you believe what Waggott says. Count yourself in a minority of one

• Like 4

Right now sitting in a hospital room in just a gown waiting to be manhandled by a doctor for a yearly physical. Still feel more secure than I do about our trasfer policy.

PS This gown is ghastly. Would rather have something with ruffles.

Edited by rebelmswar
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, rebelmswar said:

Right now sitting in a hospital room in just a gown waiting to be manhandled by a doctor for a yearly physical. Still feel more secure than I do about our trasfer policy.

When the prostate exam comes make sure you can't see both hands... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Couple of weeks ago? So the same case as Brittain? Maybe we have other bids out as well then.

Waiting for Venky's approval and funds to be sent. It seems to be 2 weeks to get this. I hope we can get them to speed up next week.

5 hours ago, Kcaj93 said:

There has been plenty of good quality free agents that have been made available which he have bizzarley not gone for. Alot of them also have key experience not only at premier league level but this level. Yet we are holding out hope Liverpool will allow us a player to leave when there is no guarantee they will.

You have continually said quality players will come available later on and cheap which I agree. You have also said that not many other teams have done business. Therefore we will be in competition with those players to get these cheap decent signings and not be able to offer the wages or possibly transfer fee that others in this league can. That is my worry about leaving it last minute.

Has they been plenty of good quality free agents out there I not so sure. Might be a few out there but not loads of them. 

I have said they hasn't been alot of championship transfer business done in the last 2 weeks which is right. Teams who want players are waiting for them from PL like Boro did with that Fulham striker for weeks for example. 

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Just for clarity Chaddy, is that 4 or 5 more, or 4 or 5 total?

Are Brittain, Szmodics and Morton already included in your count? And would your number change if Brereton goes?

I think we need 3 or 4 defenders, a midfielder and a centre forward on top of what we already have. That’s without losing Brereton.

why would Szmodics, Brittain and Morton given that they have already signed for us. 

I think we need 4 signings now and 5 if BBD goes. Its appears that Rovers want 2 centre backs, then I would look for another CM, Pressing striker and left side attacker to replace BBD if he does go. 

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Pure boosterism from Chaddy. If you walk around with a grin on your face everything will be alright!

wrong, its trying to keep a positive mental attitude and half glass full approach instead of this negative or worried. I don't start worried about about anything and its a approach that has served me very well in the last 20 years of life. 

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Jesus is he even that good?!

4 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Cov fans seem to think £2.5m is a fair price. Nixon probably working off the assumption initial bids are usually knocked back to make it look like he's got the inside track.

I mean we need a defender & sounds like he’s decent so let’s get him in, but I would like to think that we wouldn’t exceed 2.5m too much.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Someone needs to do a podcast / article on exactly what happened to the Brockhall / Armstrong money, it is my understanding that it all went to covering costs because of COVID. Although I could be wrong.

I have explained to JH that the 10 million or so we received went to cover last season losses which then allow more freedom this season and the coming season

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Never heard of the guy. Certainly  Sounds no better than Lennihan after a quick read. £2.5 mil seems an awful lot. 

been a key part of Coventry under Mark Robins there 

55 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Possibly isn't a significant upgrade on Lenihan. Perhaps we should have thought about that before allowing him to leave.

Things are however now so desperate perhaps we should be grateful for any substantial link to anyone. This O 'Rourke chap has a pretty ropey record on anything Rovers related recently though.

Sadly, if there is any truth on this, it would tend to indicate we've finally given up the ghost on landing JPVH after chasing him all summer.

Lenihan was offered a very good contract here but he choose to reject it and move on which is his option. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would Szmodics, Brittain and Morton given that they have already signed for us. 

I think we need 4 signings now and 5 if BBD goes. Its appears that Rovers want 2 centre backs, then I would look for another CM, Pressing striker and left side attacker to replace BBD if he does go. 

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn’t sure if you meant we needed 4/5 more or 4/5 total in this window.

56 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Finally given up on the Vans?

Appears not if you read Nixon posts. Says it 2 from 3(Hyam, SVDB and JPVH)

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of then don't seem that bothered about losing him and that if it was a choice between losing him or 4 other "star" players it's no contest.

Some saying they heard we've had a bid of around £2.5 to £3m in for him for 2-3 weeks. So maybe it's not a particularly new development.

Maybe Rovers have been bidding but nothing been leaking which is good from Rovers

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn’t sure if you meant we needed 4/5 more or 4/5 total in this window.

no problem at all Duncan. Always willing to answer questions on my opinion

• Like 1