BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Would be a sad day to see Diaz go especially after the journey we have been on with him the last couple of years. Delighted for him and his story is a wonderful one. Fair play to Rovers to say we have accumulated 30m in transfer sales across 2 players in 2 windows shows we are a good that knows how to develop individual talent and give them the platform to express their talent. 

The money generated from this is vital. To me the defense at least at CB hasn't been my fear I think one addition will do. I do feel with Diaz gone it is now the chance to Dolan/Makanday to step up and fill the whole that will be very evident on the left hand side. To me, we need to add in a striker, creative midfielder, a LB, and Left wing before the end of the window. 

Lots of work to do but if we can grab in a Styles, Heilik, Birmancevik, Healy I would consider that a good day at the office 🙂

18 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Maupay in a similar position to Diaz contract wise. Don't think he ever scored 22 goals in the championship either. Plus he's older, with less potential both ability wise and sell on. Nor is he a full international with a massive fan base to potentially tap in to. We as a club should've done far more with that by the way when diazmania kicked off. And they're paying 15 million for him. We should be getting at least that if not more.

Actually he scored 25 goals in a Championship season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Celta Vigo are looking to sign BBD. Link to the links thread

Must be a near certainty now that we’ll be selling BBD this window, only question now is to who and for how much £. 

We just need to have faith that we have a contingency plan prepped and ready to go!

Also wonder whether his replacement will be someone ready to hit the ground running with 20+ goals in him, or whether it’ll be a young promising striker with a view to making a profit down the line as per our apparent new strategy.. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Davis has gone to Watford. 

Gyokeres would cost too much for us unless we get the majority of BBD money

We still haven't plugged any of the gaps? really? so Brittain has replaced Nyambe or Szmodics replace Khadra or Morton replace Johnson. Maybe you been living in a different world this last few weeks. 

Bid been rejected Somerset Rover by PSG. 

Mowbray was very lucky to survive as long as he did. 

Khadra was awful Gav. Too much of show pony and player I'm pleased we didn't re sign this summer. 

Not plugged 'any' of the gaps might be a tad unfair,  but we are undeniably weaker. Szmodics and Khadra are totally different players, and Morton might have replaced Johnson but what about Rothwell?

At centre back we lost Lenihan/Van Hecke and have only replaced them with the returning Carter. Comfortably weaker there.

I don't agree that Khadra was awful. He was frustrating and a bit raw, but 'awful' just sounds like sour grapes. I could wager you weren't describing him that way last season when he was putting on the blue and white!

In reality, we should really have been trying to kick on, but we've applied a few plasters here and there whilst leaving JDT with a squad lacking in depth. Of course we have a bit of time to change that, but if BBD goes and we don't replace him we are looking very weak.

32 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

If/when bbd does leave I hope it's to a club that will benefit his football career more than his bank balance! Somwhere like Forest with a real manager and way of playing that suits his game. Evertons a joke with delusional fans, Lampard won't last the season there gurenteed, can see them finally getting relegated sooner or later... 

Just whoever pays the asking price in a timely manner will suffice.

I've no concerns about their career once they leave Rovers 

• Like 4

Khadra wasn't awful, and the fact he is under contract with a well run PL club and has joined and is playing for one of the strongest teams in this division suggests that people better qualified than on here know this.

I'll throw an example out there - his winning goal away at Stoke last season - anyone else in our ranks now capable of doing that? No is the answer when BBD leaves.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Khadra wasn't awful, and the fact he is under contract with a well run PL club and has joined and is playing for one of the strongest teams in this division suggests that people better qualified than on here know this.

I'll throw an example out there - his winning goal away at Stoke last season - anyone else in our ranks now capable of doing that? No is the answer when BBD leaves.

Dack

Whoscored also ranked him as the worst player on United's team.

Edited by Mellor Rover

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I often wonder if some posters seats actually face the pitch.

Khadra left the pitch on Saturday to a booming standing ovation, having played for one of the best sides in the division who had just torn us a new arsehole.

He was a constant threat, I wish we had him in the side now.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Khadra left the pitch on Saturday to a booming standing ovation, having played for one of the best sides in the division who had just torn us a new arsehole.

His attacking output was similar to us last season. Minimal.

Had two relatively simply chances to find McBurnie in the middle and fluffed both.

Don't get points for running fast.

8 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

5 years ago id be happy with this,  seems very odd, he's not a ball playing CB? He's a tough tackler yeah but now 30 years old, just doesn't seem the type of signing JDT would want..I'm on the fence if I'm going to be brutally honest, he has championship experience etc just seems a really odd signing [if true]

Stand in for Ayala's imminent injury.

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Although i don't think he was all that he was a work in progress and not many would have moaned had he come back.

Goes down as another Rochina or Tom Lawrence type for me very frustrating but really handy to have around and brings some stardust to the squad.  Two things always happen on here in these situations though when someone has left, they are either shite now or become a much missed world beater they never really were.

So he's just getting the standard board treatment from both sides ☺️

Personally i think IF he gets fit and shows the workrate Markandy can fill that gap without much bother.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

If we sold BBD and reinvested the money into the squad with players we already have lined up, it wouldn’t be ideal, but I’ve expected him to be on his way for a while, really. 
Just to be clear- I have absolutely no confidence in our hierarchy to do this though. The Armstrong money went unspent and I think the BBD cash will go the same way. Saying it went unspent is easier to pacify fans, but I think we all know it will be getting trousered.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If we sold BBD and reinvested the money into the squad with players we already have lined up, it wouldn’t be ideal, but I’ve expected him to be on his way for a while, really. 
Just to be clear- I have absolutely no confidence in our hierarchy to do this though. The Armstrong money went unspent and I think the BBD cash will go the same way. Saying it went unspent is easier to pacify fans, but I think we all know it will be getting trousered.

Trousering? Aka taking money out of the business?

Why on earth would they be putting 8/10m a season in via share capital then?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Blue&WhiteArmy said:

Stoke given permission to talk to Alex Neil, I hope that changes the Van Hecke situation… 👀

Bizarre. All must not be well at Sunderland as I can't imagine why he'd want to leave them after promotion to join Stoke. I know Stoke have money but Sunderland can't be that far behind surely.

• Like 1