BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

They're low down the list because they're obviously not first choice. We know who those players are. So at best, they're 3rd or 4th choices, which makes them C or D listers. 

The question is, now you've scouted them on YouTube do they pass the "quality" test you were demanding? 

No I haven't Jim but Rovers would have scouted them and done proper analysis on them and that's all that matters

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers you asked for 4 or 5 yesterday. Now Tomasson has said 3, are you disappointed? 

Yes I said 4 or 5 but that was with BBD leaving don't forget that. I would have like to sign another midfielder in for to cover for Travis has the defensive midfielder position but If JDT is happy with his options in there then so be it. I'm pleased we signing players on permanent deals and not keep loaning players. I'm interesting to see who will sign in the forward area. The transfer strategy Rovers have done is what GB said we would do and JDT comments about this being project seems to point to that. 

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

An attacking one, think he has around 6 goals and 14 assists in 100 games for Bodø/Glimt.

He is currently third choice at Hertha Berlin and is available on loan, 24 years old.

thanks for that Swanson

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Spent the week in London… 50 bags of sand (grand) mi owld china!

Are you saying Rothwell is on 50k a week? As I don't think that can be remotely accurate? Or do you mean £50k sign on

Even on a free etc I would have thought his offer would top out around 20k absolute max?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I haven't Jim but Rovers would have scouted them and done proper analysis on them and that's all that matters

Yes I said 4 or 5 but that was with BBD leaving don't forget that. I would have like to sign another midfielder in for to cover for Travis has the defensive midfielder position but If JDT is happy with his options in there then so be it. I'm pleased we signing players on permanent deals and not keep loaning players. I'm interesting to see who will sign in the forward area. The transfer strategy Rovers have done is what GB said we would do and JDT comments about this being project seems to point to that. 

thanks for that Swanson

Fair enough. So you wanted 4 or 5 but now are happy to modify that to fall in line with what will happen. So be it.

3 hours ago, unleaded said:

More then happy with Hyman … GB has done well there ….looking like a done deal

Will add much needed Experience & brings the physical side to the table … Coventry fans rate him very highly which is always a great sign ….

47B3D182-371A-4E89-98D7-B1D97E1817FD.jpeg

4AEDAC13-3744-47D3-ADF8-6ACB5E81A5E6.jpeg

Surely if we're signing Dom we have to sign Dickie as well 🙏🙏🙏

(I didn't even make one Ream joke 😇

p06n11q1.jpg

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says we are on D list? We will have 5 or 6 names on lists for each position. 

Come on Chaddy, I know you're beside yourself that we might finally be making another signing but this lad from Coventry is 5th choice at best behind the lad that went to Sheff Utd, the 2 Van's and Davies from Liverpool.

I'm prepared to accept unleaded's judgement that Hyam might be a decent acquisition but we've been after the 2 Van's all summer and maybe ended up with Hyam and Caulker which I find very underwhelming. Let's not pretend it was the plan all along.

Also I'm sure you've been saying all summer we need another 4-6 quality signings but now JDT has apparently said we're hopeful of getting 3 in before the deadline, you've now also  decided that 3 is the magic number.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I agree but they did buy in to Mowbray’s 5 year journey shite. At any other professional club he wouldn’t have lasted as long as he did but they infuriatingly kept him on. 

Did they 'buy in to his journey' or did he keep an irritating outpost in their inherited portfolio as low maintenance as possible? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says we are on D list? We will have 5 or 6 names on lists for each position. 

JPVH isn't coming back and SVDB deal is taking far too long for Liverpool to confirm and we can't wait anymore. Time we move on and we have finally bringing in 2 defenders

surely the judge to this is when they have sign and playing for us. Judge their performances on the pitch not on paper or internet. 

Surely you can have an opinion about a player before he plays for your club?

Otherwise, why suggest any potential signings if you can't have an opinion about them till they've played for your club for 6 months?

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough. So you wanted 4 or 5 but now are happy to modify that to fall in line with what will happen. So be it.

Yet again roversfans99 you clearly haven't read what I have said so what the point continuing a pointless debate with you cos you don't read what is put then just go on one of your little rants/points cos people don't agree with. 

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well he seems happy enough about it.

My main concern was him walking if he was frustrated.

Correct. I just think he was frustrated that we haven't make signings earlier but that's the transfer window for you

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on Chaddy, I know you're beside yourself that we might finally be making another signing but this lad from Coventry is 5th choice at best behind the lad that went to Sheff Utd, the 2 Van's and Davies from Liverpool.

I'm prepared to accept unleaded's judgement that Hyam might be a decent acquisition but we've been after the 2 Van's all summer and maybe ended up with Hyam and Caulker which I find very underwhelming. Let's not pretend it was the plan all along.

How many times do you sign your first choice signing for position very unlikely at times down to number of factors. 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also I'm sure you've been saying all summer we need another 4-6 quality signings but now JDT has apparently said we're hopeful of getting 3 in before the deadline, you've now also  decided that 3 is the magic number.

Wrong Simon, I said at the start of the summer we need to make 5 or 6 signings to add the squad  plus bring through 4 of our good young players. So you are getting confused and misunderstanding the point being made. So maybe you should delete the recent post so you are clearly in the wrong here. 

I said tonight that I still would like another centre midfielder in even it appears we won't do this, But If JDT is happy with his options in there then we don't sign a player he doesn't want. 

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Surely you can have an opinion about a player before he plays for your club?

Otherwise, why suggest any potential signings if you can't have an opinion about them till they've played for your club for 6 months?

No problem having an opinion on player especially if you know alot about the player but I do think any debate about comparing squad between this season and last season shouldn't be debating yet and a number of different factors involved like different footballing structure, different head coaches, different tactics and this summer we aren't just loaning players like last season but actually signings players on permanent deals. Plus how they perform on this pitch aswell

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You have to be kidding.

Lenihan and JPVH v Hyam and Caulker.

And all this crapola spoken in general about how the reason there'd been no signings was that we had to take a bit longer to ensure we got "the right sort of quality" in.

Absolute joke.

Personally believe Hyam would be an upgrade on Lenihan.

Aso believe Szmodics AT LEAST replaces '1 game in 6' Rothwell.

• Like 4

If Hyam is the centre back as it appears, I suspect Caulker is the standby in case Phillips doesn't sign.

I think Styles has to still be a target especially as he could play left back like we need but also cover Midfield as backup to Travis.

If the 3rd is Gyorkeres from Coventry I think its a decent end to the window.

The only doubt after that is if BBD does go, no idea who would be lined up. Adam Armstrong loan?

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Why would we spend all that money on Hyam and still want SVDB with the CB cover we now have. Caulker is a cover player & is free so it’s less pressure to start.

If we now sign SVDB on loan then I think it would be a waste considering we have Wharton, Ayala, Hyam, Carter & Phillips.

I think SVDB being able to provide cover at RB/RWB might come into the club's thinking. Also makes it easier to go with 3 at the back. Think that one could still happen, but let's see.

I don't rate Carter and Phillips isn't ready yet, so Hyam and Caulker would be upgrades on them. It's underwhelming as we were linked with quality defenders which haven't come off, but I think set A would be more reassuring than set B, IMO, in terms of CB options:

Set A: Ayala, Wharton, SVDB, Hyam, Caulker

Set B: Ayala, Wharton, Phillips, Carter, Pickering (at a push).

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No problem having an opinion on player especially if you know alot about the player but I do think any debate about comparing squad between this season and last season shouldn't be debating yet and a number of different factors involved like different footballing structure, different head coaches, different tactics and this summer we aren't just loaning players like last season but actually signings players on permanent deals. Plus how they perform on this pitch aswell

Fair enough.  I get there are some variables. Hard to weigh up the manager's performance if we can't make a judgement though. 

If people feel it's equal or stronger than last term and we finish lower than 8th, then clearly the manager has under performed. 

If people feel it's weaker, then finishing lower than 8th would not reflect as badly in the manager.

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Fair enough.  I get there are some variables. Hard to weigh up the manager's performance if we can't make a judgement though. 

If people feel it's equal or stronger than last term and we finish lower than 8th, then clearly the manager has under performed. 

If people feel it's weaker, then finishing lower than 8th would not reflect as badly in the manager.

fair enough. I accept your points on this. Even I disagree on a few. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1