BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Respect to Venkys for standing firm as always. 

we are are stronger now for keeping BBD and have until July to find a replacement for him.

I'll love another season with Ben. Maybe we can offer him a new contract with a release clause of like 10 mill. Then he can leave next season for an affordable fee, and we'll have some money rather than zero.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

quite honestly,if i was a fooballer at the moment id`e rather sign for fulham than everton,which sounds crazy but would be a  better career move

I wouldn't sign for either, but if he really wants away then he's best holding out for a move abroad, i think his style is probably more suited to la liga

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

I'll love another season with Ben. Maybe we can offer him a new contract with a release clause of like 10 mill. Then he can leave next season for an affordable fee, and we'll have some money rather than zero.

I can't see him signing a new contract - and why should when a free transfer will likely translate to a huge wage at his new club. However his agent is playing a risky game - Dack shows that an injury can ruin any footballers plans.

15 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Respect to Venkys for standing firm as always. 

we are are stronger now for keeping BBD and have until July to find a replacement for him.

Hmmm not disagreeing with you... But you know 💯 that if he ends up leaving for free the owners, swaggot, etc.. Will be getting slaughter again 😅😅

Lets just stop messing about and get out of this shite league already. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hmmm not disagreeing with you... But you know 💯 that if he ends up leaving for free the owners, swaggot, etc.. Will be getting slaughter again 😅😅

Don't think people will be banging the "we should have took Fulham's £6m in August" drum quite the same way the "we should have taken the £3m for Rothwell in January" lot did.

Other clubs have made our decision rather straight forward.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I can't see him signing a new contract - and why should when a free transfer will likely translate to a huge wage at his new club. However his agent is playing a risky game - Dack shows that an injury can ruin any footballers plans.

Agree with you that it is a long shot, but at least doubling the wages when he is staying for the year anyway. Plus security in case of injury has some merit. A reasonable release clause also means he can't be held against his will if he wants to go. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Disappointed we haven't added a bit of experience tonight,   I still think we need a genuine goalscorer so we don't rely on just BBD 

I think our idea of experience is different in the eyes of our new set up. Even if you're only 21,22,23 with plenty of games behind you then you're considered experienced enough, much like it is in the Eredivisie and Bundesliga. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BigBar said:

front line that can tear up this division. 

What's this based on? Brereton is great obviously. The rest haven't scored more than.... 6 or 7 a season in the Champ? Dolan is a 15 minute pest, Vale is young and needs games, Hirst is unproven at this level, Gally is Gally... Szmodics needs to show a lot more.  Pre-match last night we were dead last in the division for every attacking stat except goals scored, where we were 15th.   What logic dictates our front line can 'tear up the division?' 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2