BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Allowing assets to run their contracts down does not lead the owners to deserve credit.

Mind you, if we sell him now to Leeds minus a replacement would be terrible.

To elaborate on my “I’m glad he’s staying” stuff.

Yeah we could’ve cashed in, but I don’t think that’s the way we work.

Here, the budgets for playing staff are decided, and that’s that. 

Any windfall from sales are likely going towards operating costs.

Not something I’m here to cheer for tbh.

Venkys are loaded, if they ever pull the plug it will be for ideological reasons rather than financial. 

• Like 2

Delighted to see these comments. Shameful sAys the Goodison News

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/09/01/everton-make-eleventh-hour-phone-call-to-blackburn-rovers-to-negotiate-ben-brereton-diaz-valuation/

As I mentioned a few chapters back, which business waits until the last minute and then tries to negotiate on the phone. They know the Venkys stance. Pay up or shut up. 

i do believe they want Brereton to stay and help us get into  a play off position. They do have ambition for the club and are prepared to take a chance with a quality player.

The beat goes on.  🎼👏🎸

• Like 2

Leeds signing a different striker.

Fabrizio Romano  @FabrizioRomano

1m

Leeds are set to sign Willy Gnonto from FC Zurich! Deal almost done, just waiting for work permit then it will be the final signing. Here we go! #LUFC Italian talent has agreed personal terms with Leeds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

One positive of us keeping BBD is that it puts to bed that tin-foil 'we'll intentionally sell at the last minute and pocket the money' guff.

Venky's won't be bullied, we've seen that numerous times now.

They have their (many) failings, but I've got to give them some credit here.

Along with the "they are only interested in making profits on players".

That was only evident when Anderson was in situ when he wanted rid of our players to bring in players he or associates had connections with 

Since then a player has had to either be on their last year or force a move for them to sell.Someone will point to Cairney but we went into a transfer embargo not long after that the money was obviously needed 

Before I get grief for being a Venkys lover I blame them not Anderson he is a chancer and saw them coming and the Venkys were/are too easily led and are happy to employ and leave substandard employees in situ for far too long 

But 160-200 million down on their investment something tells me they don't see us as a money making excercise.

If we have to find the Brererton fee for whatever reason  it will be them covering it.Maybe £5 million could have been spent on bringing in his replacement or maybe we could have spent £5 million on the next Gallagher

His last 4 league goals for the club have been terrific, I want to see more of that.

I really can't believe nobody paid the £15 million to sign him earlier in the window .

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

The only figure written on these pages that's tempted me is the 15 + 5 million add ons.

That I would have dealt at. 

Don't believe any club got anywhere near that.

So delighted BBD is still here till Jan.

What would the add ons be at Everton ? If he kept them in the Premier League ? Got the them promoted if they get relegated ?

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What would the add ons be at Everton ? If he kept them in the Premier League ? Got the them promoted if they get relegated ?

I was guessing you get adds ons just for appearances. Maybe International apps and goals too.

But I'm maybe basing that on Champ Manager experience mainly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My only concern is his commitment towards the end of the season. Will it be in the back of his mind that a bad injury could result in him basically being unemployed. Will we even keep him past January or will we take a token offer. If we get promoted will he sign a new contract. Lots of questions.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You've missed players out there though. Last season we had Rothwell, who at least for the first 30 games was a big player for us.

I wouldn't class Giles as being a forward option but he is proven Championship quality as evidenced by his time at Cardiff and Middlesbrough, only Mowbray had no idea what to do with him and decided to try him on the right wing (bonkers).

I have no idea on Hirst - I hope JDT has seen something there as Broughton's comments unusually made specific reference to JDT wanting him which hasn't happened on the other deals. But it is an unknown - we hope we get 2nd half of the season Pompey out of him but could get Rotherham.

The stuff about player development or the potential emergence of players down the line you can apply to any club in any league - you can't go into a 46 game season on the premise that yet more players will eventually step forward from the academy.

That's why I've gone for a 6/10. I'm not being overly criticial with that and it isn't a poor window - less than 5 would be poor - but there are question marks on depth and quality which prevent it hitting an 8 or 9 which would suggest a very good window. If we had brought another couple of 'big' signings in then we'd have probably got there but didn't.

Iv Rothwell down in midfield.

Still rather Dack in a game than Rothwell ,had that sharpness last night and will always know where the back of the net is.

But il give you Rothwell as a miss for midfield on part of last season if we are honest previous and after his transfer breaking down he was average at best with a few sparkles of excitement that led to nothing 

Giles was used as a forward option for us last season.Maybe 2 or 3 times LWB 

I think more goals in this side personally.

Midfield will depend on if Wharton and Morton can continue to perform at a high level .I'm not daft enough to think Wharton will play like that every game but Rothwell never played as good as that 

I obviously agree with you lot of unknowns and question marks but apart from a few clubs im not looking at many benches our even first teams with envy 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

My only concern is his commitment towards the end of the season. Will it be in the back of his mind that a bad injury could result in him basically being unemployed. Will we even keep him past January or will we take a token offer. If we get promoted will he sign a new contract. Lots of questions.

I'm just glad they're all questions we've kicked down the road for 4 months now. 

But on the bit in bold, if we were midtable mediocrity he would have my blessing to slack off, but if we were in a 'battle' (top 6/relegation) there's no way he wouldn't put his literal body on the line for us, I don't have an ounce of doubt. 

• Like 7

Well that's that then. Decent window overall. Delighted to get Brittain and Hyam on perms and think the loan to buy options are interesting. 

Would have liked another attacker but BBD staying is like a new signing really. I missed last night's game and have just rewatched it and thought he was superb (that curling effort - wow!!!) I think we should just appreciate him whilst he is still here and worry about it again in January.

As usual I got far too engrossed in the whole window so now to find something else to obsess over 😁 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

How I would rate our summer signings:

Brittain - good signing and an upgrade on Nyambe 

Hyam - feel like he was our best signing of the summer 

Morton - decent signing. Good on the ball but I fear he'll get bullied by the more physical sides

Mola - Not an exciting signing but hopefully a decent squad player 

Szmodics - Not convinced by him at all. Think the money could have been better spent

Hirst - I would have preferred someone more proven but I think his attributes will add a lot to our team. 

Overall a decent window but not an amazing one. 

But surely an improvement on what we've endured for the past five summers.

• Like 1

Pleased that Brereton is staying - evidently interested clubs found it just as difficult dealing with our owners as Rovers fans do. The former Chelsea lad is interesting too, and with the emergence of A Wharton gives us more options in midfield - they're very young players though and might struggle as the season progresses. Their presence should encourage Buckley to pull his socks up

Still think we're a few players light on having a squad capable of challenging for promotion. Would like to have seen a battle hardened midfielder come in, we're still likely to struggle to score goals and we don't have a natural winger. Shame the Bowler rumours came to nothing

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3