BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

Gally showing again that for some reason he's a much better player when he comes on as a sub, fantastic tonight.

Dack looks off the pace a bit and understandably so, but I think we now persevere and start him at weekend because when he's dinking balls in like that for the 2nd goal he's worth having on the pitch!

Van Hecke superb as always tonight he really is our player of the season for me.

The first half perhaps the worst half I've seen under Mowbray it was like a sick joke.

Only really downside second half was Khadra playing like he was wearing some knock off Tommy Balls slippers, he had a stinker of a game.

Food for thought Giles whipping in crosses for Gally in the middle? 

• Like 6

Obviously, a game of two halves.

First half worse than Kean / Coyle eras and showed just why Mowbray has to go irrespective of where we finish this season.  How can a manager get it so sadly and desperately wrong.

Second half - surprise, surprise.  Play Gallagher where he feckin should play and he's a different proposition.  Also, use Giles how and where he should be used and he will create chances.

IMO, Mowbray comes out of this game with very little credit and his second half demeanour might indicate he knows he's out soon.

Keeps the dream alive.  Lovely double win on the betting (Rovers' win and Rovers to score more than 2!).  Going to get my feet up and enjoy a Famille Gonnet Font du Vent Chateauneuf-du-Pape.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Tremendous win in the circumstances. Credit to Tony Mowbray for what was clearly an inspirational half time team talk which coupled with the astute substitutions turned it around. Also to Sam Gallagher who thoroughly deserved his goal after his performance - I think that moment when he closed the keeper down set the tone for what happened.

And surely responsibility must be taken for Johnson as a false 9? I mean that's beyond stupid. A kid wouldn't do it. No other manager would either. This is why I find it so hard to like him and give him credit because he does things no other professional manager, no matter how substandard, would do. It's hard to praise a recovery - impressive as it was - when his unprofessional errors cause the need for said recovery. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Obviously, a game of two halves.

First half worse than Kean / Coyle eras and showed just why Mowbray has to go irrespective of where we finish this season.  How can a manager get it so sadly and desperately wrong.

Second half - surprise, surprise.  Play Gallagher where he feckin should play and he's a different proposition.  Also, use Giles how and where he should be used and he will create chances.

IMO, Mowbray comes out of this game with very little credit and his second half demeanour might indicate he knows he's out soon.

Keeps the dream alive.  Lovely double win on the betting (Rovers' win and Rovers to score more than 2!).  Going to get my feet up and enjoy a Famille Gonnet Font du Vent Chateauneuf-du-Pape.

Silly going for CdP.  Overpriced and paying for the label.... As for TM, you've had him sacked every week for three seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The players decided what to do at HT.

Not sulky bum.

Bullshit.

You probably never saw Mowbray on Tv coverage, he was absolutely ripping, he’d tore strips off then at HT, no doubt about that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Should have been 9 from 9 in terms of chances.  Maybe TM is reflecting on the missed opportunity.  Sad to see him upset on the bench when we are winning.

Maybe the loons from Pune emailed him his P45 at half time. One had hope. 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bullshit.

You probably never saw Mowbray on Tv coverage, he was absolutely ripping, he’d tore strips off then at HT, no doubt about that.

Oh Gav. Seriously? He looked pissed off that we’d scored. It didn’t look like retribution or anything. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Silly going for CdP.  Overpriced and paying for the label.... As for TM, you've had him sacked every week for three seasons.

This one is a gem!

Usually reserve it for a Sunday roast but a great afternoon's racing from Cheltenham followed by a Rovers' win merits something a little special. 

• Like 1

Think the suggestion that the players or maybe one or two said something at half time and there may have been a bust up. Would explain Mowbrays body language. Emotions run high when you are in that position and it starts to slip away due to crazy team selections. "We've no fckin options up from, we are playing a holding midfielder up there". Maybe even Johnson himself saying it's not working.

Sidenote. Rankin Costello probably a nice lad but I don't want to see him near the team again, give a young lad a chance, by give brown a go. Anyone. He's just not up to it and that's the kindest I can be.

• Like 2

Traffics cleared, 60 mile trip home.

Let the haters hate, brilliant 2nd half performance, Mowbray did his job and changed the game.

10,000 Rovers singing Ooo ahh Gallagher, just brilliant.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Think the suggestion that the players or maybe one or two said something at half time and there may have been a bust up. Would explain Mowbrays body language. Emotions run high when you are in that position and it starts to slip away due to crazy team selections. "We've no fckin options up from, we are playing a holding midfielder up there". Maybe even Johnson himself saying it's not working.

Sidenote. Rankin Costello probably a nice lad but I don't want to see him near the team again, give a young lad a chance, by give brown a go. Anyone. He's just not up to it and that's the kindest I can be.

Would explain the players looking fired up and motivated whilst Mowbray sulks on the bench. 

• Like 3