BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

What changes would people make to he starting 11? would anyone change formation(I would)? What do people think the result will be? 

Rovers will win this and I will go for 4 nil prediction

I would change formation and go back to 4-2-3-1 formation.

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton Giles

Travis Rothwell

Dolan Buckley Khadra

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears Brown Pickering Johnson Dack Hedges JRC

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What changes would people make to he starting 11? would anyone change formation(I would)? What do people think the result will be? 

Kaminski

Travis Rothwell

Dolan Buckley Khadra

Gallagher

I actually quite like that with what we have available. 

It won’t be 4-0 though 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Rothwell

Dolan Buckley Khadra

Gallagher

4 nil?! We havent scored 4 goals in the last 13 gamed combined.

Gallagher was crap again yesterday, so difficult to pick a strikeforce considing how incapable of scoring all of our attackers are minus Dack and Brereton.

Would keep the back 3, id bring in Giles for Pickering, probably go with a front 3 of Hedges, Dolan and Khadra, not many goals there but thats the case in general. Nyambe if fit back on the right, if not go with Buckley there.

Best case scenario is a 1 nil I suspect.

• Like 2

I’d go

Kaminski

The 3 musketeers 

Jrc.                                            Giles

Travis   Buckley

Rothwell.                                 Dolan

Gallagher

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Rothwell

Dolan Buckley Khadra

Gallagher

Still can't quite believe what happened on Saturday. I was and remain devastated about the result.

I am by no means a Gallagher fan but when Dack entered the fray on Saturday he seemed to have more impetus. I'm not sure if that's because he started to playing more centrally with an obvious partner or what it was. 

I think the team that you've picked here @chaddyrovers is the one I'd go with too.

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We'll be lucky to score one.Derby fighting tooth and nail for survival...

What are we fighting for ? Not much as far as I can see. Happy days and all lads together down at Ewood.

Just reminds me of a line from a Country Joe and the Fish  song about Vietnam. 

“ What are we fighting for ? Who cares, I don’t give a damn “ .

The amount of real fighting spirit that the likes of Moran and Speedie showed back when we first struggled up out of this division is sadly lacking and has been for 10 years. We out football teams from time to time but how often do we actually out fight teams that are better than we are ? I’d say never.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

Would like to see a team like this personally...

image.png.c7d80196183de259037e02d7ab1195e7.png

Things need to be switched up. Give young Jack Vale a start, he'll be hungry to make his mark and knows where the net is, unlike Gallagher who I honestly wouldn't play against a Sunday League team right now. Sure he works hard, but he simply just doesn't have the ability.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Rothwell

Dolan Buckley Khadra

Gallagher

I said the same thing before the Bristol city game on Saturday on this site, maybe the opposition have sussed are formation out in the second half of the season I was criticised by some people.I would drop that prolific goal scorer Gallagher and play Hedges for 90 minutes, he can't do any worse.If Gallagher signed for celtic they would be mid table in the scottish premier. I would go for an all out attacking formation, we need to win this one desperately, or it's another season in the championship. The opposition are rubbing there hands with glee at the moment playing haven't a clue what to do Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Geoff66

I don’t think we need to move away from the back 5, we just need to stop playing our forwards so wide, and Buckley needs to be less advanced… an attacking midfielder rather than the focal point of the attack.

I’d start…

.                               Kaminski

Lenihan  Van Hecke   Wharton

Nyambe/JRC                                             Giles

Buckley   Travis   Rothwell

Dolan

Gallagher

I don’t think Gallagher deserves to start, but he’s in by default. He’d be under strict instruction to stay central and I’d sub him off the first time he went within 10 yards of either touchline.

I do realise this will never happen as it negates the 10 or so wide forwards Mowbray has stockpiled and obsessed over.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 7

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
  • Backroom

For once the stats are all in our favour on this match:

Won 7 of last 9 v Derby

Won last 4 home games against them, only conceding 1 goal.

They've only beaten us at home once in last 20 years (since 2001)

Derby have lost last 7 away games straight, and only scored 1 goal in last 5 away.

We all know that means one thing..........just kidding, we're actually going to win this one, just to keep the 'hope that kills' going.

This lot are going to keep us torturously hanging on for a while yet, I reckon Bournemouth, the penultimate game of season, is when all hope will finally be extinguished. 

And yes, I'm feeling very positive this Monday. 

4 hours ago, BigUts said:

Still can't quite believe what happened on Saturday. I was and remain devastated about the result.

I am by no means a Gallagher fan but when Dack entered the fray on Saturday he seemed to have more impetus. I'm not sure if that's because he started to playing more centrally with an obvious partner or what it was. 

I think the team that you've picked here @chaddyrovers is the one I'd go with too.

I'm abit like that myself. Still can't believe we didn't win on Saturday after the chances we created.

Agreed with your comment about Gallagher seems much better and more determine when he went centre with Dack. One of the reasons I put him up front. Plus I want my wide players and full backs putting crosses in. 

The team I have picked is balanced and I went for back 4 cos I want us to press higher and similar to Swansea and Cardiff when we played that well. Derby will play it out from the back and I believe we should be pressing higher which something we didn't do on Saturday enough

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can I have some Chaddy juice please?

Coming to stores near you for £1.99 per drink soon. 🤣

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Merc must have hijacked his account.

No chance

• Like 1