BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

We may win because:

- We don't concede many. That may keep us in the game, and a goal can come from anywhere - like the QPR keeper error - even if undeserved. If we keep it tight a Derby error/stroke of luck/bit of brilliance could be enough to win it for us.

- Derby need the points. They will have to come forward and attack which plays into our hands and allows us to counter attack. 

- They have a small squad that must be tired and combined with the off field problems and their herculean efforts and still being in trouble, you'd suspect they may be a bit jaded. 

We might lose because:

- You still need to score to win games. And relying on errors from opponents or brilliance isn't the greatest strategy. If we can't score, we can't win. 

- Derby will be much more up for the fight. The front half of the team don't like scrapping. 

- TM is guaranteed to do something monumentally stupid to make it harder for us. Playing Giles at right wing, Lenihen at right back, playing Gallagher. Our manager can turn the margins against us with his idiocy. 

So with all this in mind I reckon it will be a draw. We should win this type of game, we often lose them but I think we will keep it tight enough to get a point. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Going for 2-1 tonight 

He’ll change the frontline and I fancy Hedges or Dolan to take their chance, if he plays Kazim Richards is bound to score for them which is why I think we need 2!

Who knows? Are we out of the current death spiral? Is this the first game of the next resurgence? 

No idea. 

We could win emphatically or we could limp our way to a 0-1 defeat.

More likely to go with the latter as my confidence in the team and management is at rock bottom.

• Like 1

Ok, so as promised, only facts.

We can scrape a win tonight, against a beleaguered Derby.

We can take advantage of the inevitable Ince death spiral on Saturday.

These 2 outcomes are by no means certain. Obviously. 

Someone needs to step up tonight, I assume there's been a penalty comp at Brockhall today....

I haven't been able to bring myself to follow this board since 5pm Saturday, but I wish you all the best, however and wherever you are following this make or break game. Will be a quiet atmosphere at Ewood, until the Derby fans get us going.

Literally anything could happen, result-wise....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

Derby are in real turmoil, in administration with a very uncertain future.

Looking at recent results, Derby fare badly against top 6 sides. 

Surely, surely, surely, this will be the win we desperately need.

Gone for Rovers win at just less than evens and Rovers to score more than 2 goals at 4/1.

I'd go Kaminski / Lenihan, Hecke, Wharton / JRC, Rothwell, Travis, Giles / Dolan / Khadra, Vale

Anyone interested in Cheltenham tomorrow and wanting to fill their boots then go big (each way) on Coeur Sublime @ 16/1 in the 14.10!!! 

Hope the Cheltenham tip isnt the shape of things to come...a big fat loss

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

Derby are in real turmoil, in administration with a very uncertain future.

Looking at recent results, Derby fare badly against top 6 sides. 

Surely, surely, surely, this will be the win we desperately need.

Gone for Rovers win at just less than evens and Rovers to score more than 2 goals at 4/1.

I'd go Kaminski / Lenihan, Hecke, Wharton / JRC, Rothwell, Travis, Giles / Dolan / Khadra, Vale

Anyone interested in Cheltenham tomorrow and wanting to fill their boots then go big (each way) on Coeur Sublime @ 16/1 in the 14.10!!! 

Agree completely with the team choice, also wouldn't be disappointed if it's Buckley instead of Vale (with Dolan and Khadra as the 'wider strikers') 

3 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Ok, so as promised, only facts.

We can scrape a win tonight, against a beleaguered Derby.

We can take advantage of the inevitable Ince death spiral on Saturday.

These 2 outcomes are by no means certain. Obviously. 

Someone needs to step up tonight, I assume there's been a penalty comp at Brockhall today....

I haven't been able to bring myself to follow this board since 5pm Saturday, but I wish you all the best, however and wherever you are following this make or break game. Will be a quiet atmosphere at Ewood, until the Derby fans get us going.

Literally anything could happen, result-wise....

The penalty competition is still going on as nobody has scored one yet 😳

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

The penalty competition is still going on as nobody has scored one yet 😳

Can you imagine if we did get to the playoffs? We wouldn’t want a penalty shootout 😳

Chaddy, I like your optimism, but I don’t see an avalanche of goals today. Rooney senses another great opportunity to score 3 pts & survival. Our players have pride of knowing our strength is defending.

I think the best we can hope for is 0-0, and maybe hang onto a playoff spot, for one more game. 

2 hours ago, starscascade said:

Hope the Cheltenham tip isnt the shape of things to come...a big fat loss

Not great that one!

However, up in 3 and down in 3 so far with Run Wild Fred in 17.30 still to go.

£60 up so far with enough left for a half decent red even if Run Wild Fred doesn't deliver. 

Edited by Mercer

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I think the best we can hope for is 0-0, and maybe hang onto a playoff spot, for one more game. 

We score tonight, I'm convinced of it, and will take the pelters if wrong. 

The rest of it, resultwise, is anyone's guess. 

I'm feeling strong win vibes, but 1-1 is a strong option too. 

• Like 1