BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

Mowbray and the players have got to look to wipe the slate clean. New mini season starts tomorrow. 9 winnable matches, 5 wins gets us 75 points and (imo) fifth/sixth place. One of those has to come tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

1-0 Rovers win

Law of Averages says a win and a goal will come sooner or later.

Mind you, I said the same before Bristol.

We beat QPR 1-0 and have still nosedived since.

Not aimed at you, but I saw it a lot over the weekend, why do people refer to Bristol City as Bristol? It’s only because I live here that I notice it so much, but it’s like calling Man Utd, Manchester. There’s a blue and white team here too.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 20:51, roversfan99 said:

4 nil?! We havent scored 4 goals in the last 13 gamed combined.

Gallagher was crap again yesterday, so difficult to pick a strikeforce considing how incapable of scoring all of our attackers are minus Dack and Brereton.

Would keep the back 3, id bring in Giles for Pickering, probably go with a front 3 of Hedges, Dolan and Khadra, not many goals there but thats the case in general. Nyambe if fit back on the right, if not go with Buckley there.

Best case scenario is a 1 nil I suspect.

I don't think we have seen the best of Hedges yet, give him 90 minutes to prove himself. People were criticising Khadra in his first few matches as sub till he was given 90 minutes, then they started praising him. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to get into a game. 

On 13/03/2022 at 18:52, chaddyrovers said:

What changes would people make to he starting 11? would anyone change formation(I would)? What do people think the result will be? 

Rovers will win this and I will go for 4 nil prediction

I would change formation and go back to 4-2-3-1 formation.

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton Giles

Travis Rothwell

Dolan Buckley Khadra

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears Brown Pickering Johnson Dack Hedges JRC

The changes I would make is Mowbray and the Venkys.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

It's like somebody's told the team not to win over the last 13 matches all them sitters missed' and after that fantastic run they went on before the new year. I can guess your answer Diaz injured. One man doesn't make a whole team.

My answer isn’t BBD it’s he way the team was set up, lack of tactics or creativity and an unwillingness to play Hedges or Giles from the off plus senior players not having the bollocks to take a penalty !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What are we fighting for ? Not much as far as I can see. Happy days and all lads together down at Ewood.

Just reminds me of a line from a Country Joe and the Fish  song about Vietnam. 

“ What are we fighting for ? Who cares, I don’t give a damn “ .

The amount of real fighting spirit that the likes of Moran and Speedie showed back when we first struggled up out of this division is sadly lacking and has been for 10 years. We out football teams from time to time but how often do we actually out fight teams that are better than we are ? I’d say never.

I have to disagree here Tyrone. From what I’ve seen of Rovers, they’ve been running their socks off. Workrate isn’t the problem. 

• Like 2

This is teed up absolutely perfectly for us to do a 'rovers'. 

Derby without an away win in 2022, we'll sure as hell do our best to end that 😵

Alas, football is weird sometimes and at some point we're gonna win a do and score a few too.

3 nil home win, then we'll go on to score 0 more goals all season.

• Like 1

Derby are in real turmoil, in administration with a very uncertain future.

Looking at recent results, Derby fare badly against top 6 sides. 

Surely, surely, surely, this will be the win we desperately need.

Gone for Rovers win at just less than evens and Rovers to score more than 2 goals at 4/1.

I'd go Kaminski / Lenihan, Hecke, Wharton / JRC, Rothwell, Travis, Giles / Dolan / Khadra, Vale

Anyone interested in Cheltenham tomorrow and wanting to fill their boots then go big (each way) on Coeur Sublime @ 16/1 in the 14.10!!! 

Edited by Mercer

If Gallagher starts we will struggle to score again. I don’t care that Khadra, Dolan, Buckley aren’t 6’4”, Gallagher is and doesn’t do anything with it. I’d rather have players that have at least one skill on the pitch. TM will never start Dack, so I’d expect an unchanged lineup from last week and the same result. 

I actually think Gallagher would like to be benched now. In fact I'm sure most of his goals this season have come as a sub too. Watch 60-70 mins on the bench with Uncle Tony and learn to read the game with him as he's such an expert. The finger is pointed mainly at Gallagher because without Diaz he should really be our biggest goal threat, he's really not though, although as you say its not helped one bit by the tactics. He's bound to be feeling the pressure.

I'd like to have seen Vale or Hedges given a start. Vale played (and scored shock horror) last night so it won't be him, Hedges isn't getting a sniff either. It's a ridiculous thing to say but a Gallagher injury now would possibly be a good thing as it would force his stubborn hand.

10 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

1-0 Rovers win

Law of Averages says a win and a goal will come sooner or later.

Mind you, I said the same before Bristol.

LoL, I said exactly the same.

Tonight I'm going for a Dack goal in open play in a 1-0 win.

So anytime from 62 minutes onwards, barring injuries.

More likely than Hedges starting.