BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Wishful thinking IMO.

I think he's in full on communicate via the press to India mode given he's heard nothing from them for so long.

Not an ounce of him admitting any responsibility for results its just all about the players and an inference that whilst they are great lads that it is they who have fallen short through inexperience or naivety. I don't accept that narrative - the ones who have fallen short are the manager and owners for failing to build on things in January and seize the opportunity we had.

Comical stuff like the points dropped v Sheff U, Bristol City and Reading had all the hallmarks of Mowbray's management.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Last 3 games - laughable team selection v Derby, arguably the most ridiculous ever witnessed, worst performance in a long time and deservedly losing at half time to crisis club Derby. Players take control at half time, turn the game around and win for the first time in ages.

Manager spends the second half and post match interview behaving like a petulant child, presumably because someone decided to deliver some home truths rather than the St Tony knows best approach he usually gets from his colleagues and the media.

Next game go to Reading, weary performance and get beat against a side in dire form and fighting to survive. Fail to score again.

Next game Coventry and once again select a team and system that is all over the place, very lucky to reach half time only 1-0 down, obvious changes work and then in the end still can't see the game out.

So that's twice in three games that he's selected a team and system that is not up to the job in hand and has been forced to ring the changes at half time to salvage the game.

Pretty standard stuff though from him when we look at it ( aside from Johnson false 9 in which he outdid himself there) but in terms of points.  Win, lose, draw = 4 points from possible 9 and we all knew we'd end up back in that groove again soon, once the enforced change or two freed him from the naming  of the same successful line up every week.

On 04/04/2022 at 16:30, roversfan99 said:

After all these years, do you genuinely forsee a smooth summer whereby the managerial situation will be dealt with and recruitment will be ongoing throughout without massive delays and confusion?

That's a question for the summer and we will see after the season ends but looking at Mowbray's comments, I think he is leaving the club this summer so you would hope Waggott has a shortlist to present their owners for approval to approach and appoint a new manager/head coach. Not used that certain agency

On 04/04/2022 at 16:31, JHRover said:

I think you'll find that comment was very much tongue in cheek hence the second sentence about what would have happened had United come in for him - he would have moved.

You had persistently posted prior to that claiming as fact Reed would never move up North. I was responding sarcastically to that claim because in this day and age professional footballers go where the best offer is for them and their career, not restrict themselves and their career because the weather is nicer down south.

When I done a search its yourself who posted the info, so if you can point me to this post where I said this please

On 04/04/2022 at 16:42, Miller11 said:

Plus a new manager will be already without Nyambe and Rothwell cos they want to leave and move away from the area. Reason why they haven't sign a new contract

That isn’t how your quote read.

well that is what I meant. 

On 04/04/2022 at 18:00, Wheelton Blue said:

You make it out like we're Ajax with a DNA of total football, or Barca with a DNA of tika-taka, where the recuitment is consistent year after year irrespective of who the manager is.

Even with Mowbray in charge for 4 consecutive summers, our summer recruitment efforts have been ad-hoc and last minute at best.

Why you expect the recruitment this summer to somehow improve, whilst we're potentially going through a change of manager, is beyond me.

Like I have already said that the club cannot and should not stand still in terms of recruitment or looking and scouting players for the summer and next season. 

John Park has lots of experience in terms of recruitment and we will be using his experience. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's a question for the summer and we will see after the season ends but looking at Mowbray's comments, I think he is leaving the club this summer so you would hope Waggott has a shortlist to present their owners for approval to approach and appoint a new manager/head coach. Not used that certain agency

When I done a search its yourself who posted the info, so if you can point me to this post where I said this please

well that is what I meant. 

Like I have already said that the club cannot and should not stand still in terms of recruitment or looking and scouting players for the summer and next season. 

John Park has lots of experience in terms of recruitment and we will be using his experience. 

My point was more about the way the club is run under Venkys. It certainly wont be a smooth, quick process whereby a list of managers is already ready for Venkys to make an informed and quick decision. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

My point was more about the way the club is run under Venkys. It certainly wont be a smooth, quick process whereby a list of managers is already ready for Venkys to make an informed and quick decision. 

“ Venkies “ and “ informed decision “ shouldn’t be in the same sentence.

• Like 3

Couldn’t find the relevant thread so put it on here. Pete Bulmer has left our recruitment department and apparently John Park’s contract is also up with Mowbray’s in summer.

Worrying times ahead. 

13 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Couldn’t find the relevant thread so put it on here. Pete Bulmer has left our recruitment department and apparently John Park’s contract is also up with Mowbray’s in summer.

Worrying times ahead. 

not really,neither  the management or scouting staff did anything to improve my opinion  of them in january,5 players in,none of them have contributed anything(markanday an exeption,he`s injured)they can all **** off for me

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Worrying times ahead. 

Our recruitment has not been very good recently. So I don't see it as worrying times. I would be more worried if Mowbray and Waggot are still here, come next season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not really,neither  the management or scouting staff did anything to improve my opinion  of them in january,5 players in,none of them have contributed anything(markanday an exeption,he`s injured)they can all **** off for me

Don’t really want to have to recruit a recruiting department in a summer when you need 7/8 signings. As well as a manager. 

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

Our recruitment has not been very good recently. So I don't see it as worrying times. I would be more worried if Mowbray and Waggot are still here, come next season.

With no transfer budget to speak of, do you think Van Hecke and Kharda fit your description? or have vastly improved the side? 

Edited by Gav

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Don’t really want to have to recruit a recruiting department in a summer when you need 7/8 signings. As well as a manager. 

i can see your point but all them are bloody useless imo,they are living in an unambitious comfort zone,hopefully and rather desperately im`e hoping for change in the summer

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

With no transfer budget to speak of, do you think Van Hecke and Kharda fit your description? or have vastly improved the side? 

I like Van Hecke, Kharda I could take or leave, but as both are loanees I don't credit the recruiting department. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree - they shouldn't stand still.

That's not to say that they won't. History tells us so.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Wishful thinking IMO.

I think he's in full on communicate via the press to India mode given he's heard nothing from them for so long.

Not an ounce of him admitting any responsibility for results its just all about the players and an inference that whilst they are great lads that it is they who have fallen short through inexperience or naivety. I don't accept that narrative - the ones who have fallen short are the manager and owners for failing to build on things in January and seize the opportunity we had.

Comical stuff like the points dropped v Sheff U, Bristol City and Reading had all the hallmarks of Mowbray's management.

Again i see the OWNERS being blamed, Mowbray has had money the owners stopped the Joe Rothwell sale to I imagine help the team, Imagine the fury if they has let him sell joe, (that would have been another get out for him) This slide is down to Mowbray and his coaching team end off.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

Thing is at what point does stability become considered stagnation.

I am a 5 out of 10.  Loses point from me for his poor poor handling of players.  Focusing in sertain individuals for dropping.  For doggedly oersiting game after game with his stupid positioning ideas that clearly don't work.  All the world see it except ToMo and Venkies.

His inability to arrest a slide and for this last transfer window. (Scandalous that)  We are in the top six, maybe in with a shout of Auto's if he signs a decent striker. 

See my revised review. 

31 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Again i see the OWNERS being blamed, Mowbray has had money the owners stopped the Joe Rothwell sale to I imagine help the team, Imagine the fury if they has let him sell joe, (that would have been another get out for him) This slide is down to Mowbray and his coaching team end off.

I've put most of the blame on Mowbray in my post. But the owners could have provided him with a bigger budget, or could have made a change a few weeks ago, and did neither.

And IMO the reason Rothwell is still here is because they don't communicate with Mowbray and co. not because they insisted he was staying.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've put most of the blame on Mowbray in my post. But the owners could have provided him with a bigger budget, or could have made a change a few weeks ago, and did neither.

And IMO the reason Rothwell is still here is because they don't communicate with Mowbray and co. not because they insisted he was staying.

Maybe you are right but maybe Mowbray just didn't want to make a change, as for Joe it's well documented the Venkys wanted to keep the team together and lets not forget the Bonus the players would have  HAD if they won promotion, so I reckon there was communication and again Tony's playing a blinder.

The owners should not under any circumstances be interfering with things like that. They deserve all of the blame for that, and it will cost us in the summer when Rothwell leaves for free and we dont have the 2 new players that Mowbray needed the Rothwell money to bring in in January.

This bonus too, its commonplace for a team to receive bonuses upon success, surely. What relevance does that have?

• Like 3

Doesn't really matter who did what because if he was sold Mowbray wouldn't have seen the money anyway.

Probably would have got the wages for half a season that had already been budgeted for that's how it tends to work here. Rothwell has been no worse than 4 or 5 others who could be mentioned and lets be honest he was probably only busting a guy because he knew there was interest. 

I wonder how his detractors will feel next season when Hedges is the square peg in that round hole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Worrying times ahead. 

He only joined last July. Why would we only have him here for 1 window and by the time his work should be bearing fruit (i.e this summer) he's leaving?! 

Classic Venkys. A total waste of time, effort and money.