BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Mowbray's Reign, Arsehole?

He's some kind of hole. What an abysmal set of results. You'd think after his previous spirals that he'd learn but at 58 he's still making the same mistakes and overthinking the game. This has to surpass any of his previous disappointments.

14 minutes ago, tina said:

Doesn't make him good because he was better than Snakehead. Two poor managers for the club along with the rest under these owners. Poor management

Steve Kean was one of, if not the biggest disaster in the history of this football club, we see the consequences to this very day.

Any Rovers fan that even mentions him in the same sentence as TM or pretty much anybody else has lost all perspective, but oddly TM seems to have that effect on quite a few on here…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Steve Kean was one of, if not the biggest disaster in the history of this football club, we see the consequences to this very day.

Any Rovers fan that even mentions him in the same sentence as TM or pretty much anybody else has lost all perspective, but oddly TM seems to have that effect on quite a few on here…

Then I won't mention Steve Kean and Tony Mowbray in the same sentence. 😉

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

People are being very generous with their ratings here. We've had some good runs, but time and time again the collapses have been horrific and wiped out anything even remotely positive that had been build by those runs. Even more alarmingly he inspires no fight whatsoever in the players. Too busy thinking about what total garbage he will be spew in the next interview. A 3/10 at most. He's only still here because we have no owners, no one in the running of the club has any ambition.

A 3 rd of every season under Mowbray is out and out relegation form.

The only difference this season is it was preceded with a few months promotion form instead of the usual bang average stuff. if it wasn't we might well be bang in trouble.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Four wins in seventeen. 
Get this clown out now. What on earth is the point in letting him hang around for five more matches. Really, really beginning to detest the bloke. 

What was last season's dismal run? Feel like it was similar to 4 in 17?

23 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

At last, a glimmer of hope beckons.

I see Bulmer has gone to Brighton.

Yes he has. Gone there as centre back scout

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

They want us to think he has other options lined up. They want us to think a new manager is too much to ask for.

They want us to think that there is too much work to be done if St Tony leaves..

I don't agree. 

I think he does have a club line up. Don't know who but given that Mowbray, Venus and Park are all out of contract this season and very likely to move on

19 hours ago, martonrover said:

Pasha and Babu, or whatever he’s called.

You mean Pasha. Yes he will be involved with Waggott in picking the next manager

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

That game today summed his reign up as a whole. Sticking with a formation that everyone but himself can see isn’t working to then making changes and players having to run over to ask him where they’re meant to be playing. I can’t see how anyone can defend him after that today

The 3 at the back hasn't worked for a number of games but Mowbray is far too stubborn to admit defeat in that formation and go back to 4-2-3-1 formation. The squad suits that formation in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mean Pasha. Yes he will be involved with Waggott in picking the next manager

I mean Suhail Pasha and Gandhi Babu. Like every other CEO / MD since Venkys took over,  Waggott’s appointment is simply to tick a box and give the illusion of a normal structure for a football club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not quite right.

The League 1 promotion campaign was a reasonable effort although given the fact it was so heavily bankrolled by the owners it would have been an absolute disaster had we not gone up.

At Championship level however, completely agree. His record for us in this division is absolute shite. I keep saying it but given the backing he's had, pound for pound he's our worst ever manager for me.

In my opinion the league 1 campaign showed mowbray to be exactly what he is ,a manager with absolutely no ambition ,by that I mean if you had something about you you would realise that a club live rovers would have limited chances of silverware and would have busy a gut to beat Wigan to the league one championship ,instead he was happy to come second but that's just him ,happy to be second best ,just look at his cup and local derby record  to show he has no ambition ,time for him to fuck off and take the equally unambitious owners with him

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I mean Suhail Pasha and Gandhi Babu. Like every other CEO / MD since Venkys took over,  Waggott’s appointment is simply to tick a box and give the illusion of a normal structure for a football club. 

I don't think Babu gets involved in those decisions and from what I have read from posters who have posted about him he is Finance guy. 

Pasha will be involved in the next appointment just like he has been for several years. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Babu gets involved in those decisions and from what I have read from posters who have posted about him he is Finance guy. 

Pasha will be involved in the next appointment just like he has been for several years. 

Either way, one of the main reasons that Mowbray is still here is that Waggott almost certainly does not have the authority to remove and replace him. Venkys and their advisers make the big decisions, and they still know the square root of bugger all about football.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he does have a club line up. Don't know who but given that Mowbray, Venus and Park are all out of contract this season and very likely to move on

Based on what exactly?
Something you have heard, been told?

Of course Venus' contract is going to expire at the same time as Mowbray's. They come as a package. 

I think people overestimate/exaggerate the role of Park. He's a mate of Mowbray's who has been helping with scouting. They brought him in to fill a gap for the year until this summer which he has done.

The fact that all 3 are out of contract is entirely understandable and does not lend weight to the theory that they are all moving en masse to another club.

Of course he could have an offer. How many Clubs around are in need of a new manager that would have already had a word with Tony Mowbray about joining them next year? I mean seriously, if we look at the Championship the only possibilities are mid-table sides unlikely to trouble the play-offs. So that's Stoke, Cardiff, Bristol City. I think it would be extremely unlikely for those clubs to have tapped up Mowbray and Venus whilst they've still got managers in place. The rest are all either busy pushing for promotion or are settled with existing managers doing ok jobs.

I still think there's an overestimate as to the calibre of club that would be interested in him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Based on what exactly?
Something you have heard, been told?

Of course Venus' contract is going to expire at the same time as Mowbray's. They come as a package. 

I think people overestimate/exaggerate the role of Park. He's a mate of Mowbray's who has been helping with scouting. They brought him in to fill a gap for the year until this summer which he has done.

The fact that all 3 are out of contract is entirely understandable and does not lend weight to the theory that they are all moving en masse to another club.

Of course he could have an offer. How many Clubs around are in need of a new manager that would have already had a word with Tony Mowbray about joining them next year? I mean seriously, if we look at the Championship the only possibilities are mid-table sides unlikely to trouble the play-offs. So that's Stoke, Cardiff, Bristol City. I think it would be extremely unlikely for those clubs to have tapped up Mowbray and Venus whilst they've still got managers in place. The rest are all either busy pushing for promotion or are settled with existing managers doing ok jobs.

I still think there's an overestimate as to the calibre of club that would be interested in him. 

My opinions and thoughts on the current situation and that all 3 are out of contract. 

Rovers spent a few months interviewing and selecting a new head of recruitment before John Park's appointment. So this appointment should have been a long term contract and not a 1 year contract. Poor from the club again

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So, as I understand it, one of the people in charge of appointing the next manager is a bloke who overruled the appointment of Neil Warnock in favour of Owen Coyle.

And the other is Waggot?

...........great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So, as I understand it, one of the people in charge of appointing the next manager is a bloke who overruled the appointment of Neil Warnock in favour of Owen Coyle.

And the other is Waggot?

...........great.

Coyle said he had a meeting with Balaji who then told the club to appoint him. 

Here the story

COYLE admitted he met Balaji Rao after being interviewed for the job by two Venky’s representatives.

He said: “I met with Suhail and one other Indian gentleman, advisors to the family, and on the back of that I met with Mr Bala, and on the back of that I was offered the job.”

Cheston added: “We completed the interview process at the time and then I went on holiday and I was abroad when we became aware of Owen. The process had to continue without me.”

'They have no intention of selling the club' - report on Blackburn Rovers supporters’ consultation meeting | Lancashire Telegraph

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not quite right.

The League 1 promotion campaign was a reasonable effort although given the fact it was so heavily bankrolled by the owners it would have been an absolute disaster had we not gone up.

At Championship level however, completely agree. His record for us in this division is absolute shite. I keep saying it but given the backing he's had, pound for pound he's our worst ever manager for me.

Reasonable..lol..he gave the title to Wigan FFS

TBH his tactics actually relegated us in the 1st instant ok blame Coyle and the unprecedented points required..but anyone not looking from rose tinted glasses remember Wolves away the 2nd to last fixture when we didnt have a shot at goal when one goal would have kept us up..the guys a fraud remember his Celtic record or his devon loch collapse from 2nd twice at boro

Agree Ince and  kidd excepted he is pound for pound the worst Rovers manager I remember including coyle and dare I say it king rat himself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coyle said he had a meeting with Balaji who then told the club to appoint him. 

Here the story

COYLE admitted he met Balaji Rao after being interviewed for the job by two Venky’s representatives.

He said: “I met with Suhail and one other Indian gentleman, advisors to the family, and on the back of that I met with Mr Bala, and on the back of that I was offered the job.”

Cheston added: “We completed the interview process at the time and then I went on holiday and I was abroad when we became aware of Owen. The process had to continue without me.”

'They have no intention of selling the club' - report on Blackburn Rovers supporters’ consultation meeting | Lancashire Telegraph

But he says he met Suhail first, so why, when we had Warnock in the bag did Suhail even meet Coyle? And then off the back of that meeting, recommend him to Balaji?

Also, why the f**k is the managerial appointment left to Suhail, "unamed Indian gentleman" and Balaji, who's combined footballing knowledge must be just about enough to fill a thimble?

And so it was proven, their appointment led to us being relegated to league one.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2