BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Ha ha that's the funniest thing iv'e heard on here in a while.

All they want to do is turn his words into print they don't want to be sweeping bits of eggshell off their shoes. After his ego has gone bang at the slightest prod.

He would be in bits if faced with real questions including the one suggested by marton. There are so many things that he could be grilled on, but the reporters want to maintain their access, so he gets away with a lot through tame questioning.

I would likely be banned from the press conferences if I was a reporter for the LT. That wouldn't be for being disrespectful or abusive or anything like that. It would simply be for asking the direct questions that need asking and calling him out on previous comments made.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

He would be in bits if faced with real questions including the one suggested by marton. There are so many things that he could be grilled on, but the reporters want to maintain their access, so he gets away with a lot through tame questioning.

I would likely be banned from the press conferences if I was a reporter for the LT. That wouldn't be for being disrespectful or abusive or anything like that. It would simply be for asking the direct questions that need asking and calling him out on previous comments made.

It desperately needs to happen if he gets a new contract. Isn’t that what the supporters trust is for ? Genuine question not a criticism 

Edited by Oldgregg86

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Today's episode of Tony's excuse making its the turn of the officials to take the blame for our results.

Mowbray seems to take particular issue with the 99 minutes at Coventry. I'm not sure why because I thought the referee played the correct amount of time given the injury and interruptions to the 6 added..

Now I'll be the first to admit that the referees are poor and I do my fair share of complaining about them at games but this is just another example of Mowbray firing off in every direction other than looking at himself and admitting responsibility.

He also reckons we’ve only struggled to win matches for ‘the last month or so’. The blokes bullshit meter is off the charts at the moment. Can’t stand listening to or reading a word he says.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I see Mowbray apologists are still in full swing in the let comment section.  Sickening 

LET columns in general attract nothing but weirdos no matter what the story is about

I recently got banned for simply daring critise/question LET darlings The Issa brothers 😄 and how they apparently have the council in their back pocket and get away with building all manner of grotesque buildings wherever they please even if they dont even remotely match the approved planning permissions (but thats for a different thread😅)

• Like 9

15 hours ago, martonrover said:

A pity one of these so called journalists doesn't confront him with the stats of his post Christmas collapses at Rovers, Cov and Boro.

Its a pity a journo does not simply as Mowbray why he spouts complete bollocks, that can be fact checked as such quite easily, in almost every presser he gives.

Trump lies more but I can't think of many others.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He also reckons we’ve only struggled to win matches for ‘the last month or so’. The blokes bullshit meter is off the charts at the moment. Can’t stand listening to or reading a word he says.

Fortunately the LT paywall is quite effective at the moment and I'm certainly not paying for garbage.

• Like 4

Whatever is going on at Ewood the LT comments section always has at least 50% beating the drum for what most see as the problem.

Venkys, Kean, Coyle even Anderson and co at times, now TM can do no wrong.  It's always been the same and if you were operating 'positive' PR with multiple accounts or looking for clickbait that's where you'd go. A lot of those clowns don't exist and others never ever take off the spectacles.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Whatever is going on at Ewood the LT comments section always has at least 50% beating the drum for what most see as the problem.

Venkys, Kean, Coyle even Anderson and co at times, now TM can do no wrong.  It's always been the same and if you were operating 'positive' PR with multiple accounts or looking for clickbait that's where you'd go. A lot of those clowns don't exist and others never ever take off the spectacles.

Facebook is quite possibly the worst for this too

• Like 3

I know it's been mentioned before, but more needs making of where he leaves us. 

Quality wise, we have a few decent players now, but after a 5 year 'journey' of 'slowly building the football club' he leaves us with needing to sign 8 players simply to not go down next season.

First team options as it stands:

TK (Why's he signed an extension? Mind blowing from his agent)

Pears (cat piss)

JRC (cat piss)

Brown (not convinced he actually exists, he must be truly awful if he can't get in ahead of JRC)

Wharton

Carter (Unknown at this level)

Pickering 

Edun (Is he a CM? Is he a left back? A classic Mowbray signing)

Travis (Excellent work getting him a new deal)

Buckley

BBD (for how long?)

Dack

Markanday (Striker? Winger?)

Gallagher

Dolan

Hedges (ha)

Don't think I'm missing anyone. After a 5 year journey we have one player who'd fetch any sort of fee this summer in BBD.

We have a good academy, and it's a good thing because it may well be needed by Tony Pulis and whoever he gets lumbered into working with next season.

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Straw poll, has anyone signed up to the LT paywall?

Never have never will and not bought the physical paper probably since the late 90s or early 00s 

For me its biggest draw back in the day was it's 'late afternoon edition' which was often the first place youd get news or confirmation about transfers at the club. But that quickly became irrelevant once the Internet took off... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I know it's been mentioned before, but more needs making of where he leaves us. 

Quality wise, we have a few decent players now, but after a 5 year 'journey' of 'slowly building the football club' he leaves us with needing to sign 8 players simply to not go down next season.

First team options as it stands:

TK (Why's he signed an extension? Mind blowing from his agent)

Pears (cat piss)

JRC (cat piss)

Brown (not convinced he actually exists, he must be truly awful if he can't get in ahead of JRC)

Wharton

Pickering 

Edun (Is he a CM? Is he a left back? A classic Mowbray signing)

Travis (Excellent work getting him a new deal)

Buckley

BBD (for how long?)

Dack

Markanday (Striker? Winger?)

Gallagher

Dolan

Hedges (ha)

Don't think I'm missing anyone. After a 5 year journey we have one player who'd fetch any sort of fee this summer in BBD.

We have a good academy, and it's a good thing because it may well be needed by Tony Pulis and whoever he gets lumbered into working with next season.

There's still the bones of a very good team there should a quality management team come in and there be reasonable funds available for them to build on what's there. 

But if Mowbray stays or is just replaced by another useless (never really)has been, then it won't be long until the remaining decent players we have left are replaced with a squad full of Hedges, Brown types!

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Straw poll, has anyone signed up to the LT paywall?

Not before, not now, never.

I can't get through the paywall using incognito anymore so I will suffer the 'loss'

It was the Mowbray/Waggott content that got to me, never the comments as I sussed out those tools years ago and just stopped reading them.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

First team options as it stands.

Pears (cat piss)

JRC (cat piss)

Wharton

Pickering 

Great post:

but next to Pickering you forgot to write (cat piss).

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 10:19, USABlue said:

He probably called Mowbray out and is being shafted.  If we the fans see it assistant coaches and the players do. Hard to give your best when you don't believe in what you are doing because you know it's stupid.

As I’ve said for years, I don’t believe for a second that Mowbray is a nice guy like most seem to think. I’ve always thought he is a selfish, stubborn, vindictive bastard. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

We have a good academy,

More and more I'm thinking the club revolves around the academy. keep producing good players to sell to bigger clubs (like Brighton, Brentford etc!) and we settle for Championship mid-table forever (if we are lucky).

If that's the plan then count me out.

if it isn't someone please tell me what is.

• Like 2

Sharpe reporting Mowbray's involvement on the Poveda deal:

Mowbray said he wasn’t involved in the deal for Poveda, who scored once in four starts and four substitute appearances in the first half of the season, but the specifics of it were likely agreed to get it over the line.

He added: “I don’t do the deals, the deal was done and the deal is what it is.

“It’s probably frustrating for the football club that we’ve been paying his salary for so long without having the player available.

“That’s a resource, but that’s football and you take those chances.

“You probably wouldn’t have been able to do the deal unless certain clauses were in it and you have to make those calls sometimes.”

IMO, an abdication of responsibility - don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wtf is Mowbray there for as football manager.  Surely, it's to advise those who do the deals (or seemingly have their pants taken down by other clubs) in terms of a half season's loan, a full season's loan, what the lad will bring to the club and therefore his value to the club and parameters as to remuneration, break clauses etc.  IMO, another example that our football manager is not fit for purpose.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 47er said:

More and more I'm thinking the club revolves around the academy. keep producing good players to sell to bigger clubs (like Brighton, Brentford etc!) and we settle for Championship mid-table forever (if we are lucky).

But how many of our Accedmy players have actual been sold for real money? Only Raya that i can think of in recent years 

• Like 2

Nyambe and Lenihan would've earned the club some money, had Rovers been more pragmatic and sought to cash in on at least one of the wantaways, last summer - or even before then. But, prior, to Raya, I believe Grant Hanley was the last academy graduate sale, some five years ago. In the meantime, there has been the odd compensation payment for a youth player, like Mahoney and Callum Wright. Also, on very rare occasion the club has successfully earned a transfer fee for a young U23/reserve player, like Joe Nuttall.

I find it interesting that during Mowbray's most successful years in his managerial career, at West Brom, he tended to go for a mix of both foreign and UK players. Thus, he bought them Chris Brunt and James Morrison, whilst also signing Robert Koren, Roman Bednar and Carl Hoefkens. Whilst many of his signings didn't make it - it seems to me that part of his success, at that time, was a blend of British and overseas players. Not to mention, that was back in the day when every club played the same formation, just about, so Mowbray didn't have to think too hard in that regard.

Mowbray's 34 signings for WBA: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-west-brom-transfer-12793111

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, 47er said:

The impression i get is that's how Mowbray and a few others down there would like it to be and the only remit they have to follow.

Nice low budget easy number without the pressure of top 6 ambitions from owners and fans. Rotate team every week keep everybody involved, shrug shoulders when you win one in ten and say not bothered as long as some are developing. 

Oh, hang on a min we've already seen that in recent years !

This season has put that crap to bed and proved you don't need 100 mill or to be paying players 30k pwk just to at least have a go at it. 

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sharpe reporting Mowbray's involvement on the Poveda deal:

Mowbray said he wasn’t involved in the deal for Poveda, who scored once in four starts and four substitute appearances in the first half of the season, but the specifics of it were likely agreed to get it over the line.

He added: “I don’t do the deals, the deal was done and the deal is what it is.

“It’s probably frustrating for the football club that we’ve been paying his salary for so long without having the player available.

“That’s a resource, but that’s football and you take those chances.

“You probably wouldn’t have been able to do the deal unless certain clauses were in it and you have to make those calls sometimes.”

IMO, an abdication of responsibility - don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wtf is Mowbray there for as football manager.  Surely, it's to advise those who do the deals (or seemingly have their pants taken down by other clubs) in terms of a half season's loan, a full season's loan, what the lad will bring to the club and therefore his value to the club and parameters as to remuneration, break clauses etc.  IMO, another example that our football manager is not fit for purpose.

Nothing happens at Rovers without the ok from Mowbray & Venus.

Of course he was involved, just another one of his fibs.

If Poveda had been a raging success the same individual would be first in line claiming credit. 

• Like 2

This sums it up.  He can’t see how bad Sam has been, thinks he could score 20+ played as a center forward but continues to play him wide. 

The Rovers boss even hinted that Gallagher could be in line to replace Brereton Diaz should the Chile international leave the club this summer.

“I played Sam down the middle and usually play him on the right and ask him to run those channels and get in at the back stick from balls coming in from the other side,” said Mowbray, via Lancashire Telegraph.

“I’m pleased for him that he scored, it was a good finish. He scored a good header at the back stick against Derby a couple of games ago, so he can score goals.

“Maybe for this football club, if Brereton gets sold in the summer, whether he does or he doesn’t is another issue but he’ll be in the last year of his contract, and if that’s something that happens then someone is going to have to step up.

“Maybe Sam Gallagher is the player that can turn into the 20-goal a season striker as Brereton did on the back of Armstrong leaving.”

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Exactly   we're Blackburn rovers not crewe alexandra ffs. We were loaning players out to Brentford and Brighton 10 years ago. Makes me sick

• Like 6