BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

28 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Aye, but the don't all take the piss in the same way!

Despite Monday's pleasant surprise, I still want to see the gurning chump disappear into Rovers history, as soon as possible.

Yeah, but we all know it'll end up with this as the likely outcome...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

Yeah, but we all know it'll end up with this as the likely outcome...

Sure. but I'm sure we'd all much rather it was like this below...

Anyway, the Guardian has a nice piece about Stevie Big Man at West Brom, demonstrating that there are other clubs where lost and folorn managers presiding over another underwhelming season and spouting bollux.. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/27/steve-bruce-insists-west-bromwich-albion-players-live-close-to-training-as-he-stays-in-cheshire 

14 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Sure. but I'm sure we'd all much rather it was like this below...

Anyway, the Guardian has a nice piece about Stevie Big Man at West Brom, demonstrating that there are other clubs where lost and folorn managers presiding over another underwhelming season and spouting bollux.. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/27/steve-bruce-insists-west-bromwich-albion-players-live-close-to-training-as-he-stays-in-cheshire 

I spy a young Paul Young.

• Like 1

One of the few bits of credit Mowbray deserves is this guy. Albeit he accidentally realised how good he was (Smallwood sending off at sheff utd) I think Mowbray’s bollocks team selections fires Travis up sometimes so every cloud ey 🤣

8EDBC9B5-7B46-4B3B-8A72-20B74F53A11A.png

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

One of the few bits of credit Mowbray deserves is this guy. Albeit he accidentally realised how good he was (Smallwood sending off at sheff utd) I think Mowbray’s bollocks team selections fires Travis up sometimes so every cloud ey 🤣

8EDBC9B5-7B46-4B3B-8A72-20B74F53A11A.png

Agree - although I would once again take this opportunity to remind everyone that Trav started that game at Bramall Lane alongside Smallwood!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree - although I would once again take this opportunity to remind everyone that Trav started that game at Bramall Lane alongside Smallwood!

Mandela effect in full swing if that's true!

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

And to be fair, prior to that Sheff Utd game, I'd heard on good authority he was meant to be heading out on loan on the Monday.

So now he says he loves this team he tells them all the time, then says when they lose it's easy to criticize.

Latest attempt at spinning it onto the fans no doubt, great deflection from the fact it's him who was being criticized.

• Like 3

It's bollocks by Mowbray and a true deflection from his personal failings both as a leader of men and being tactically inept as a football coach at this level on a consistent basis.

He helped stabilise our club and has many plusses in the bank but should really have had the dignity and good grace to recognise his inability to move the club on any further 12 months ago and should have gone with everyone's blessing and good wishes then.

His inane ramblings this season are frankly an embarrassment. Thanks Tony but you should have fecked off 12 months ago.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Tony Mowbray always likes to bang on and on about how young this side is and that is why they fail. Not because of him being a shit manager and a complete dick head.

Just out of curiosity, what was the average age of the 1995 title winning side?

On the Ben foster podcast with kasper schmiechel , kasper was asked about the best managers, he named Nigel Pearson with one or two others. When asked why he replied along  the lines of because he didn’t baby us, he treated us like adults and that made us act and play like adults. ( paraphrasing as it was a few months ago I listened) 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Tony Mowbray always likes to bang on and on about how young this side is and that is why they fail. Not because of him being a shit manager and a complete dick head.

Just out of curiosity, what was the average age of the 1995 title winning side?

If you go off this (and this was the end of the season, so I've averaged it out and deducted a year) - the Premier League winning squad had an average age of 24.8 years old at the start of the season. 

rovers.jpg

Edited by LeftWinger
Edit: Forgot the image

Just now, den said:

I got told last night that he was retiring at the end of the season and that Duncan Ferguson was on the shortlist.

Take that as being a rumour from someone apparently with links to rovers.

Left field one, certainly. Can't pretend that I wouldn't want someone with more a proven managerial record, be it in Britain or elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

If this is the case, then I think it's a little shoddy by the Rovers' management team that an announcement about his future should sneak out in this way.

He seems a bit annoyed over the lack of clarity, and quite right.

He should be told (and have been told long ago) what the intention was. But also states that he's made his own mind up, which seems contradictory? 

Either way, more proof of the shoddiness of the people in power at Ewood and the shitshow we run as a club.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What management team?

There's only 'Mr Waggott' and he's as much in the dark as Mowbray, and I expect won't be too happy if Mowbray is leaving.

Not quite true.

The fella has work for the club for five years and a level of respect for his work should come into play.

• Like 2