BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I’ve never seen attendance as some sort of justification of the decisions at the club, which might explain why I’d be there regardless.

I don’t have any preconceived expectations. I’d prefer if it was cheaper but I could say that about my gas bill.

I just love watching my home town team.

I find it incredible, how I’ve become the minority on a supporters website because of this.

I find it incredible how some fans now are seemingly happy to see us do badly and don't seem that bothered whether we will, lose or draw or go on record bad runs etc etc.

I clearly remember in Bob Saxton's day a section of the Blackburn End storming the normally sedate Nuttal St Stand enclosure sending Messrs. Fox and Bancroft scurrying for the sanctuary of the Boardroom!.

Funny wasn't the word for it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I've taken TM interviews with pinch of salt on the basis.

1. The questions were very leading and not too sure what he could of said differently.

2. If they want to call him, then he aint exactly going to say "don't bother", there has been no fall out, its just come to a natural conclusion with no anomosity from either side. 

3. I could put you in the dugout, but unless the whole set up from top to bottom changes, and the process of how we do things, then a manager whoever that is, would be nothing more than a "plaster". In a normal club Farke would be fantastic, and I think he will help sell some tickets and get some results. However if its more cut backs, and downgrades, he would likely walk than stick around. They need to fix what they broke, which is not hard. Football people running the club, making the decisions, and being transparent 

Fully agree on para 3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They have never appointed a CEO or similar of any quality. There is a theme here Rev and it's all their own doing.

Fully agree.

It's virtually impossible to succeed without a really good manager and very difficult to succeed if you haven't got good people behind the scenes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I find it incredible how some fans now are seemingly happy to see us do badly and don't seem that bothered whether we will, lose or draw or go on record bad runs etc etc.

I clearly remember in Bob Saxton's day a section of the Blackburn End storming the normally sedate Nuttal St Stand enclosure sending Messrs. Fox and Bancroft scurrying for the sanctuary of the Boardroom!.

Funny wasn't the word for it.

apathy and negativity from the club have brainwashed some of the less militant fans into thinking it`s normal for rovers to be where we are and we can`t compete,older fans remember us being skint and still challenging for promotion

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I've taken TM interviews with pinch of salt on the basis.

1. The questions were very leading and not too sure what he could of said differently.

2. If they want to call him, then he aint exactly going to say "don't bother", there has been no fall out, its just come to a natural conclusion with no anomosity from either side. 

3. I could put you in the dugout, but unless the whole set up from top to bottom changes, and the process of how we do things, then a manager whoever that is, would be nothing more than a "plaster". In a normal club Farke would be fantastic, and I think he will help sell some tickets and get some results. However if its more cut backs, and downgrades, he would likely walk than stick around. They need to fix what they broke, which is not hard. Football people running the club, making the decisions, and being transparent 

If Farke does come in I think it will place some more bums on seats but as you’ve said, unless the hierarchy changes he may not stick around too long.

Stuart Webber at Norwich said he’s looking for a new challenge on the Price of  Football podcast a few months back.

I wonder if he fancies a reunion at Ewood?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

If Farke does come in I think it will place some more bums on seats but as you’ve said, unless the hierarchy changes he may not stick around too long.

Stuart Webber at Norwich said he’s looking for a new challenge on the Price of  Football podcast a few months back.

I wonder if he fancies a reunion at Ewood?

That would be Chaddy's wet dream.

Farke AND a Director of Football!

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers Ainsworth always features highly on your wishlists but his team is the oldest in League 1 and they are a direct side that plays very direct football, something to which you have dismissed other managers for the same reason. What gives?

They've bullied MK off the part tonight. The Dons are far more talented.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

They've bullied MK off the part tonight. The Dons are far more talented.

I personally am not fussy on either point. I want winning football over certain styles and I dont think that a desire to get young players should overtake the want to win games. Its just that chaddy personally regularly says that the new manager should embrace the academy and bring through young players and he has dismissed other managers based on style of play.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

apathy and negativity from the club have brainwashed some of the less militant fans into thinking it`s normal for rovers to be where we are and we can`t compete,older fans remember us being skint and still challenging for promotion

Older fans apparently forgot the gap of decades between top tier appearances!

Personally I wouldn't go near Hughes unless he brought with him Bowen and Neidzwicki who are now at Wimbledon.

He'd be better than many of the names linked but I think his best days are behind him.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I personally am not fussy on either point. I want winning football over certain styles and I dont think that a desire to get young players should overtake the want to win games. Its just that chaddy personally regularly says that the new manager should embrace the academy and bring through young players and he has dismissed other managers based on style of play.

I’m sure Ainsworth would argue that he’s cutting his cloth accordingly at Wycombe. The bottom line is, he gets results.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Moved away from my point, which was that Mowbray's job could indeed be described as ok/decent/mediocre/alright, in comparison I would suggest that Jones and Corberan have done very good jobs.

I certainly don't think that it is impossible to over (or indeed under) achieve, we wouldn't watch football if it always fell directly in line with wage budgets and/or resources. Nor is it impossible to underachieve as for example West Brom have done this season, with a mixture of Bruce and mainly Ismael doing what I would describe as a poor job.

My point wasn't specifically about Keane, it was about clouding the sole objective of getting the manager would would deliver the best results with additional objectives like getting a high profile former player.

For what its worth, I wouldn't want Keane as an individual, love watching him as a pundit but I think that people are clouding their judgement having watched him in that role.

I have supported Rovers since 1963. If Keane got the job I would be shattered. A horrible manager who single handedly shafted Ipswich. No thank you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Serious question then - why do they bother?

It's a business they have no interest in that loses them circa £20m a year, every year. Why the hell haven't they sold it?!

They are comfortable with losing a certain amount off the books every season in their portfolio is the simple answer.

Doesn't bother them much and they don't seem too fussed certain people get rich off them as long as they keep there mouths shut. 

Key to that is they are happy to lose money funding losses but don't like actually investing which says it all to me. The club is just an oversees loss leader to run a few quid through now. The odd perks are a bit of advertising, having something to play with and show off to friends when we draw Man U or Liverpool in the cup, owning a piece of English heritage and opening doors to meet royalty etc sometimes.

It's a small price really when you consider all that and how much turnover they have.  Also how many ex Premier League Champions, 6 times FA cup winners, League cup winners owning their own assets come available for 25 million ?

This club was an absolute steal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They are comfortable with losing a certain amount off the books every season in their portfolio is the simple answer.

Doesn't bother them much and they don't seem too fussed certain people get rich off them as long as they keep there mouths shut. 

Key to that is they are happy to lose money funding losses but don't like actually investing which says it all to me. The club is just an oversees loss leader to run a few quid through now. The odd perks are a bit of advertising, having something to play with and show off to friends when we draw Man U or Liverpool in the cup, owning a piece of English heritage and opening doors to meet royalty etc sometimes.

It's a small price really when you consider all that and how much turnover they have.  Also how many ex Premier League Champions, 6 times FA cup winners, League cup winners owning their own assets come available for 25 million ?

This club was an absolute steal.

Irresponsible give away!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I’m sure Ainsworth would argue that he’s cutting his cloth accordingly at Wycombe. The bottom line is, he gets results.

A results based manager you might say ?

We haven't had one of those since Allardyce was here and even in his death throes now Mowbray is saying development coach. Almost like he's worried someone will come in and actually put results first and make him look a bit silly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

That doesn’t mean the fanbase is small, it means there’s a shed load who are outside the tent after walking away over 12 years of mismanagement, so how about an ambitious appointment to help draw some back?

Its still on the small side.  Even in the premier before Venkys there were only what 18,000 home fans per game (excuding away support).  Hence Roy Keane as a big appoitnment as my suggestion.  Sky would cover a lot of the games and the profile of the club would definitely be increased.  I actually think he could do a job here and I wouldn't have been his biggest fan.  He has mellowed and if he had a good tactical coach as number 2 I think promotion would be possible.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Serious question then - why do they bother?

It's a business they have no interest in that loses them circa £20m a year, every year. Why the hell haven't they sold it?!

The 200 million dollar question

Incorrect Nuttall.

An odd season there was c18k home fans, specifically around the mid to late 2000s, at times plenty more, I.e 1994 to relegation and 2001 to 2003. We also had c20,000 ST holders in the couple of years before Venky’s took over (we began this season with just over 7,000).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

26 minutes ago, Athlete said:

The 200 million dollar question

i honestly think venkys saw the english premiership and thought it will be a great marketing tool for their  new venture of fast food chicken takeaways,they bought the club,gradually realised the fast food market in this country is heinously competetive and decided not to bother,leaving themselves with a football club they have no use for,they were ripped off by the crook anderson who preyed on their naivety as well,as for not selling,it`s an indian ideaology that cutting your losses is an admission of failure and they will lose face to their business rivals and other families,the only way they will offload the club is at a profit and to put it bluntly,there is more chance of sam gallagher signing for barcelona than that happening

• Like 2

To say I'm worried about how the club / Venkys are managing this us an understatement... why would madame and crew want to speak to Tony other than to convince him to stay?  

I'm hoping by a stroke of monumental lick we end up with a half decent manager, season tickets sales depend on it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Its still on the small side.  Even in the premier before Venkys there were only what 18,000 home fans per game (excuding away support).  Hence Roy Keane as a big appoitnment as my suggestion.  Sky would cover a lot of the games and the profile of the club would definitely be increased.  I actually think he could do a job here and I wouldn't have been his biggest fan.  He has mellowed and if he had a good tactical coach as number 2 I think promotion would be possible.

Keane was a truly great player but to say he’s mellowed is stretching things. He’s gone from being a psycho to just a nut job. Would I prefer him to Mowbray - too right. It would be an interesting 3 months.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers Ainsworth always features highly on your wishlists but his team is the oldest in League 1 and they are a direct side that plays very direct football, something to which you have dismissed other managers for the same reason. What gives?

When are signing a player like Sam Vokes you are always going play direct here. His teams play to specific plan. 

If he was to become Rovers manager he would need to sign a target man if you want to play that way. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its just that chaddy personally regularly says that the new manager should embrace the academy and bring through young players

This is one of key part of our transfer strategy and has been for a couple of years now.