BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, alcd said:

Carpetbagger. What has he done in management other than nearly bankrupt Sheffield Wednesday? Won't be missed - there's better out there.

Carvalhal did not nearly bankrupt Sheffield Wednesday at all. 

Which ones are better than him and his coaching style and tactics suit the current squad

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Let's be honest. If there is genuine interest from another club or the manager concerned can command offers from elsewhere then we will miss out.

The reason Carvalhal has managed all over the place is because he is sought after.

The reason all our other Venky managers and most of the other names linked are in the reckoning is because they wouldn't get near a Championship job elsewhere 

We will balls this up I'm confident of that. I'm also increasingly of the belief that things are being dripped to the local media in an attempt to boost embarrassing season ticket sales. The latest being 'big name' interest in the job.

You seem very confident that Rovers will mess up the Carvalhal deal. 

Who says Season ticket sales are embarrassing? 

I won’t be sorry if Carvalhal chooses to go elsewhere, but this was always likely to happen given the strung out manner in which the club are going about this.

We are not a massive draw, and you can’t expect a manager who has offers elsewhere to sit twiddling his thumbs waiting for us to make a decision.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You seem very confident that Rovers will mess up the Carvalhal deal. 

Who says Season ticket sales are embarrassing? 

Not just the Carvalhal deal, if there is a deal, I think they will mess up the appointment of any manager that can attract interest from elsewhere.

It is one thing speaking to these people, gauging interest in the role, and even making a recommendation to the owners.

It is quite another getting the owners to approve and sanction an appointment in a timely manner.

Those, like Carvalhal, who have other irons in the fire, need not waste their time for us to get our act together, they'll just move on to other opportunities.

Those who hang around and are happy to play a waiting game whilst Venkys muck around tend to be those who won't get anything better than Rovers and know it - Mowbray, Coyle

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Not just the Carvalhal deal, if there is a deal, I think they will mess up the appointment of any manager that can attract interest from elsewhere.

It is one thing speaking to these people, gauging interest in the role, and even making a recommendation to the owners.

It is quite another getting the owners to approve and sanction an appointment in a timely manner.

Those, like Carvalhal, who have other irons in the fire, need not waste their time for us to get our act together, they'll just move on to other opportunities.

Those who hang around and are happy to play a waiting game whilst Venkys muck around tend to be those who won't get anything better than Rovers and know it - Mowbray, Coyle

For me, Carlos Carvalhal is trying to Waggott's hand here and make a quick decision. 

We will see in the coming days. 

So where have you heard that Season ticket sales are embarrassing then? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, Carlos Carvalhal is trying to Waggott's hand here and make a quick decision. 

But Waggott can't make a quick decision. All he can do is recommend to the owners. So my point remains the same.

We sold less than 8000 (embarrassing) last summer and prices have gone up since. I would expect something from the club as to sales figures if they were anything to be proud of.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If everyone who bought one last year had already renewed (they haven’t) and 2,000 new season ticket holder had committed or returned (they haven’t), sales would still be embarrassing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think it is probably the fact the Rovers haven't given an update on how season tickets are selling (actual numbers rather than a statement that,  we are on course to hit a target ). Usually not giving any information is a sign that the figures are not good. Everyone can read into this whatever they want, It doesn't make it true or false. Personnally I also think at the moment sales are embarrassingly low.

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I won’t be sorry if Carvalhal chooses to go elsewhere, but this was always likely to happen given the strung out manner in which the club are going about this.

We are not a massive draw, and you can’t expect a manager who has offers elsewhere to sit twiddling his thumbs waiting for us to make a decision.

Agreed. The "interview process" is only a good idea if all the candidates are much of a muchness and there isn't a great deal to commend one over the other.

If there's clearly an outstanding candidate in there who's expressed an interest you're only going to piss them off.

Not saying CC is quite in that bracket, I'd reserve that sort of accolade for Dyche, Santo, or Farke. However he might be considerably better than whoever we end up with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

off topic i know,but lets hope there are some very disapointed scousers at 10.00 pm🙂

Not right bothered now they can't win the quadruple. That WOULD have been unbearable!

Don't really want Madrid to win it either. They've committed daylight robbery to get past PSG, Chelsea and City already!

When they referred to 'big names' being interested in the job I think most would interpret that as being high profile, proven experienced quality managers 

I think really what this means is people who are well known in football but as players, rather than managers, e.g. Ferguson.

I can't quite comprehend why he's even being mentioned tbh.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Really not happy with the prospect of Duncan Ferguson managing Rovers, we need to get this next appointment right and not give someone a first managers job they have had 

If Duncan Ferguson is appoint then it will be interesting to know the reasons why and why he wants the job here. Plus who would be on his coaching staff. Plus what would his style of football and tactics be here. Massive questions there

I don't think this job is right for a first time head coach. Think we need a head coach will experience  

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Duncan Ferguson is appoint then it will be interesting to know the reasons why and why he wants the job here. Plus who would be on his coaching staff. Plus what would his style of football and tactics be here. Massive questions there

I don't think this job is right for a first time head coach. Think we need a head coach will experience  

What we need is a winner.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a head coach who will get us promotion

Is Duncan Ferguson a winner? 

I haven't mentioned Duncan Ferguson, but as a player yes in my eyes, he was a winner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I haven't mentioned Duncan Ferguson, but as a player yes in my eyes, he was a winner.

Not interested in his playing record but record as manager/head coach and what he would bring to the table like would his playing style and tactics suit our players, his coaching style, etc. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

off topic i know,but lets hope there are some very disapointed scousers at 10.00 pm🙂

Not me, I have nothing against Liverpool. My team is Blackburn Rovers, but I don’t hate every other football team in England, simply because they aren’t Blackburn Rovers. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You'd need to live over here to understand that one.

Probably true 😅. But, couldn’t you say the same of either Manchester club?

Besides, even though my son got his Masters at Reading, he’s always been a Liverpool fan. 

Three years ago, I went to Anfield, the day before I did my tour of Ewood Park. It was impressive, but I’m a Rovers fan. 

Edited by WacoRover