BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Can we please quit with the Grayson, Adkins. Pulis links. Everyone knows it won’t be them so why keep bringing them up? Just getting a bit boring now

All of their stock is currently higher than that of our last two managers when they were appointed.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Despite your (and others) reservations about ticket sales, you will be surprised to see the club are in fact on track to reach the pre-pandemic level of sales looking at the numbers sold so far.

Do you know the actual figure?

Because that sounds like sales BS to me (not from you, but whoever is claiming sales are on course for pre-pandemic levels)

If sales are at a scary low level (and I suspect they are) - they are hardly likely to own that and declare "its a fookin disaster" are they?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Lets face it, you'd never heard of Carvalhal until I mentioned him on here as a possible replacement for Mowbray.

His record isn't as good as Mowbrays, who took West Brom up as Champions, but I'd have Carlos here, I doubt your mates in Pune will pay the wages or transfer pot to make that happen, but time will tell.

When's Phil Brown in for talks then ?

• Like 1

Have we really just forcibly willed ourselves into believing Carvalhal would be our saviour and is the best available man for the Job? (Especially now that talk of Farke has gone stone cold the past couple of weeks)

I'm not knocking him! Id be just as excited as most to see what he could do with our squad(with a few to the first team player additions) and yes he seems a charismatic and nice positive person.

But I've a few "buts" .... His journeyman career can't be ignored, most of that being at average(at best) clubs and although he's known for getting a lot out of the players at his disposal he  really hasn't actually won much of anything, So maybe it seems he just doesn't have that extra bit of determination needed to win things and get teams over the line when it really matters.

Also I think he talks a very good game as far as tactics and sports science goes, but talk doesn't win you games, you need intelligent players that can make his tactics happen on the pitch and I'm not sure our current squad are the brightest bunch in that respect.

The fact he's allegedly also mulling over returning to the UAE I personally find dubious, because i think only mercenaries after a good payday and a cushy lifestyle go to horrid places like that in football.

His transfer dealings in general seem pretty slapdash from what I can see.

I recall Glen Mullan being very against the idea of Carvalhal the day his name first appeared on this board and I think many initially shared that sentiment at the time.

I'd be very happy with him being appointed of course, he is something different to any manager we've had in the past in my lifetime(possibly aside from Roy Hodgson) but personally I don't see him being a massive improvement over Mowbray, Just a fresher more likeable one, which to be fair could be all we need right now.

sorry for rambling, just thinking out loud (and playing devils advocate a little) 🙈

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

10 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly how does it work then?

It is down to compensation figures and the termination of the contract. With such big money involved and it is a rumoured £15m pay off the outgoing manager will normally wait for the next job as it impacts on the severance agreement whereas the club moves on to the next manager. Gardening leave is an almost certainty to be involved as whilst the manager may not be working he will be getting a salary again until the severance is agreed. That info comes from someone at the FA

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“The process went on for longer than expected as the initial five-man shortlist was expanded following further interest in the job.”

Maybe Dyche has been having a think about things and decided he quite fancies it.

Or maybe Honeyman has been on the blower pushing an outstanding candidate or two.

Stinks of nefarious interference this, 'outstanding candidate' incoming..

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“The process went on for longer than expected as the initial five-man shortlist was expanded following further interest in the job.”

Maybe Dyche has been having a think about things and decided he quite fancies it.

Or maybe Honeyman has been on the blower pushing an outstanding candidate or two.

Or maybe we're going to be lumped with another Coyle?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sharpe hasn't got a scooby has he?

He's just recycling info/rumours off here.

He should be ashamed of himself stealing a living nicking stuff off here and passing it off as his own instead of coming out with any worthwhile scoops himself.

• Like 1

There's no way I'm giving venkys the benefit of the doubt that they will do things right this time after the last 11 years.

I'm fully expecting another Coyle appointment until I see anything confirmed by Rover's official twitter.

• Like 8

What a quality pool of managers back in 2016, just imagine not being able to pick the cream of the crop out of that dross......

NEIL Warnock admitted he spoke to Blackburn Rovers in the summer over their vacant manager’s job.

Rovers interviewed Warren Joyce, Russell Slade and Nigel Adkins before appointing Owen Coyle as Paul Lambert’s replacement.

“I did talk to Forest and Blackburn and one or two others and for whatever reason they never came to fruition.

I'll tell you why it never came to fruition Neil, Coyle came in on less money than you did, but you had the last laugh taking Cardiff up to Premiership whilst we went into 3rd division.......

Be afraid.....

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

Local journos hate the close season. There’s no matches to report on and they can’t just roll up to the pressers and file days worth of copy on the back of whatever banal stuff a manager comes out with.

But filling your pages with rumours from this place really is scraping the barrel!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Rovers interviewed Warren Joyce, Russell Slade and Nigel Adkins before appointing Owen Coyle as Paul Lambert’s replacement.

I've never seen so many uninspiring names in one sentence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Have you heard something?

Nah i'm not one of the faux itk gang however i do know you've spent the last 12 months trumpeting Phil Brown be careful what you wish for. 

Just thought i'd ask for an update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

What a quality pool of managers back in 2016, just imagine not being able to pick the cream of the crop out of that dross......

NEIL Warnock admitted he spoke to Blackburn Rovers in the summer over their vacant manager’s job.

“I did talk to Forest and Blackburn and one or two others and for whatever reason they never came to fruition.

I'll tell you why it never came to fruition Neil, Coyle came in on less money than you did, but you had the last laugh taking Cardiff up to Premiership whilst we went into 3rd division.......

Be afraid.....

And the story was that Coyle contacted Barry White directly and offered his services for an alleged £2k per week, lived locally and had a coaching cabal in tow. He got the job and the rest is history. My memory still recalls the 'outstanding candidate' quote from Cheston. 

That sums up the depth of footballing knowledge we have in charge now.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sharpe hasn't got a scooby has he?

He's just recycling info/rumours off here.

He should be ashamed of himself stealing a living nicking stuff off here and passing it off as his own instead of coming out with any worthwhile scoops himself.

The only 'scoop' any LT writer over the last decade or so knows is the one that serves their ice cream on a Sunday.

15 minutes ago, unsall said:

If it doesn’t come off with the supposedly bigger names, don’t be surprised if they go for Manning from MK Dons, heard definitely been interviewed and impressed..

I think there is a lot of window dressing going on in the media.

Some are surely pushing hard for this kind of appointment and wouldn't be surprised if it wins the day. Young, cheaper and fits in with some existing staff and a Sporting Director set up.

• Like 1