BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yup, I don't even think he's worthy of a CEO.

Ever since I've seen the extract from Andy Cole on Steve Waggot hes so untrustworthy.

I see the minutes from the fans forum and see he does nothing. All the answers from Steve Waggot are "I'll look into it". 

Everything happens at a snail pace.

Tried to sell Brockhall secretly.

How can anyone back Steve Waggot anymore.

He's utterly powerless, a CEO in name only. There to pick up his paychecks and suggest ways to save money whatever the stakes, Blackburn Rovers and our progression back to where we belong aren't even a consideration for him. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I know he isnt leaving or retiring (despite what some posters on here think/suggest) on his own volition and wont be unless the owners decide otherwise and that is from the horses mouth!

I think rumor only ever started a year or so ago because his age was mentioned. Just like Mowbray and everyone else down there he isn't going to voluntarily walk away from his money.

I hope he has to look over his shoulder everyday though.

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

He's not good enough, he's a 4th division CEO in my opinion, but I'd rather have a 4th division CEO than nobody in that role.

As always these owners opt for mediocrity, the level they operate at and thats the real crux of the matter. 

Needless to say that if he's heavily involved in the "Interiew" process then we can automatically rule out the top half a dozen names from the fans choice for next manager.

Hopefully his duties during process are t just serve the tea & biscuits. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Needless to say that if he's heavily involved in the "Interiew" process then we can automatically rule out the top half a dozen names from the fans choice for next manager.

Hopefully his duties during process are t just serve the tea & biscuits. 

If the owners have told him they'll pay for someone decent then he should be sifting through good names, no excuse.

If he is trying to fit it in with his budget thinking though he'll be interviewing from the cheap/desperate/untried section.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

If the owners also need to speak to preferred candidates then we’re at long list stage, not shortlist. 

Yes, you get the feeling the interviews with Waggott are the equivalent of speaking with someone from Human Resources prior to the real thing.

No doubt the agents of candidates will be in contact with the owners, too.

I would love to know what goes in manager interviews. What questions managers are asked and what answers the panel provides. What guarantees are given that owners follow through on promises...really hope a retired manager spills the beans one day. 

• Like 2

How's the "plan" going that some fans promised us was in place weeks ago and would result in an appointment by the first week of June?

Or was there never a "plan" in the first place? 

Edited by jim mk2

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How's the "plan" going that some fans promised us was in place weeks ago and would result in an appointment by the first week of June?

Or was there never a "plan" in the first place? 

That newsnow article says the new manager will be announced 1st week in June, Jim.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I know he isnt leaving or retiring (despite what some posters on here think/suggest) on his own volition and wont be unless the owners decide otherwise and that is from the horses mouth!

I assume he's said similar to you as he said to me, from that?

IE: The only thing in his mind that would make him leave would be Venkys telling him to go, or if he felt they undermined his involvement in choosing a new manager (his first time doing this for Rovers).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

The key statement in the article ; 'they will then be evaluated and then evaluations and recommendations will be sent to the owners in India'

So it'll probably get ignored for a few weeks during which time the nefarious cling ons will get their claws in and get the 'outstanding candidate' in place.. probably Adkins or Cocu. 

The only hope is that Suhail has been fully involved in the process in the UK and Madame litterally has to give the list the 30 seconds she deems Blackburn Rovers worthy of her attention, and we get Carvahal. If it's just been our tubby CEO involved then were screwed.

• Like 1

The interview process is pretty simple.

Review the applicants and then identify the shortlist of preferred interviewees.

Hold a meeting or conduct an interview with the listed applicants - see what they can offer, what they bring, how they can use their experience to progress this squad and what else would they need to assist them/salary and budgets will also be discussed.

Review the interviews and make recommendations to the owners.

Hold second interviews/discussions with the preferred option and ultimately make an offer.

It is well documented the players return 13/6 to training and that the club want the new structure in place before then. FFS there are still some who are lumping cash on Venus being DOF! The backroom support team (medical/sports science) have all been identified and offered jobs as has the u23 coaching role so a lot is happening. Add to the training pitches, Ewood surface, marketing and commercial roles, preseason planning as well as contract talks there is a lot of work going on at this time.

Anyone who thinks the owners are not involved or up to speed is way off the mark.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Carlos has informed Rovers that he will only come if his staff comes with him ….

so if the coffee drinkers on the coaching staff are released that’s a sign that they are clearing the decks ……

He has also had an interview with a Gulf club in the Middle East & they are getting the vibes that he wants to join Rovers so have given him a deadline ….They have approached another Portuguese coach to put pressure on him ….

07A310E2-0320-4F4E-A414-8A4D2A6420B7.jpeg

Wow, surely they get rid of Lowe, Benson et Al then.

Thanks for the update Unleaded! You ledge

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

None of us had heard Coyle until he was stood waving a scarf down at Brockhall. None of us had heard Mowbray until he was appointed. 

This lot have a nasty surprise up their sleeve and can ruin even the simplest of decisions. Lets remember Warnock.

It is clear Carvalhal wants the job. It is clear he is more qualified than most who have been linked or would be interested. He will quite rightly want to bring his team with him. Any decent manager will.

Exactly, so this will immediately test the current level of ambition.

The desperadoes will no doubt agree to keeping the existing staff.

• Like 2

It will be the penny wise, pound foolish false economists that are the Raos all over if we miss out on a decent manager due to not wanting to pay up the likes of Lowe and Benson, for what will in all likelihood be peanuts…

• Like 2