BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I've seen this story before. Several times.

We spend the next week or two all quite excited and optimistic about Carvalhal and possibly a few other decent managers being interviewed for the job who are mulling things over.

Then we end up with someone inept taking the job.

Then they have got the best of both worlds - convincing a large swathe of the support that we mean business and have been talking to good managers with ambition, but can also bring in their cheap and cheerful preference who is going to do the job on their terms.

As I've said many, many times during transfer windows you don't get points, prizes or credit for being linked with good quality, talking to good quality, or trying for good quality. You need to get good quality.

Its not negativity, its realism based on track record. How many times has Waggott and Mowbray tried to reap credit from the fans by reference to what we tried and failed to do?

Prove me wrong and I'll hand over my cash immediately.

• Like 7

Just now, perthblue02 said:

If they have any sense they will also be interviewing for the 2024/25 season at the sam time considering Caravalhal's managerial history, if he gets the job of course

Nothing wrong with 2 seasons at it and review. About standard in the Championship.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nothing wrong with 2 seasons at it and review. About standard in the Championship.

Just depends , if whoever is appointed gets the backing to go for it, two years is fine, if it is another "journey" maybe he is not the man.

It seems he wants to manage in England again, which is understandable as England is the place to be. He isn't getting a PL job so Championship it is. Of those Rovers, QPR and Dingles are available. It sounds as though the Dingles are going for Kompany, and it sounds as though QPR are looking more at a younger British manager. So it might be that we are the biggest and best option he has.

We might not be his only option - that's an inevitable risk / issue when you aim for good managers. Not something that should put us off. Something we aren't familiar with here because all our previous appointments have been blokes desperate for a job and unable to get offers elsewhere.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You seem posts on here from certain posters plus Nixon has said he has been interviewed?

reports from who? 

Negative thinking

Reality mate, negative or not.

30 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Just depends , if whoever is appointed gets the backing to go for it, two years is fine, if it is another "journey" maybe he is not the man.

I'd rather have a bash at it for a couple of seasons with this fella than embark on another journey to nowhere.

As long as they don't let him go stupid with money and wages where is the harm in it. If he was under a DOF he wouldn't be changing much in the background it would be case of concentrate on the the first 11.

Try and get the best you can out of what we have and bring in a few decent players to help that.  A guy like this should be able to operate in similar circumstances to what Mowbray did if there was a bit of a budget.

Can always go back to the steady guy or young coach route if it doesn't work out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

As I've opined before if it was to be Carvahal or Farke they would be here already. If available and willing they'd have been snapped up before TM went. Not going to happen.

Carlos might be chomping at the bit, but our magnificent leaders need to ask the crucial questions to all candidates, eg cream or jam first on a scone?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Tugay's on there now 

I wouldn't renew my season ticket, but I'd happily walk on for a match to sing the legendary "Tugay! You are my Turkish delight" - y'know, before he confined us to League One.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just got in from a having a couple of pints in one of chorleys finest establishments and amazingly a couple of tables away from us was big duncan ferguson,enjoying a pint of strongbow and two chip barmcakes,not wanting to be on the receiving end of one of his headbutts,we left him alone in piece,he was in earnest conversation with another man,most likely his agent,lots of nodding going on and smiles at the end,our new manager i think,big duncan,welcome to ewood🙂

You would think that you would get more than two chips, in a barmcake. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I absolutely refuse to even get remotely excited by the stories which have recently emerged about Carvahal. Having seen the decline over the last twelve years and being let down innumerable times I'll hold back on the champagne until there is a press conference with him on the top table.

To be honest, whilst I'd be very pleased with Carvahal, I'd still be concerned until I see what the rest of our summer business looks like.

I was so encouraged when Lambert took over, especially with Irvine and Rob Kelly coming with him. We all know what followed though, so until we know that whoever gets the gig is going to be backed, I'm going to be a bit worried. 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nixon says Carvahal hasn't been offered the job, he has just been spoken to

I wouldn’t put any faith whatsoever in what he says tbf.

30 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Smacks of rovers have talks with Carvahal, he needs a week to think it over just long enough to pass the ST renewel then Venkys can put another cheap desperado in charge.

Or he needs a week to see if he's been offered any of the other positions he's applied for?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be honest, whilst I'd be very pleased with Carvahal, I'd still be concerned until I see what the rest of our summer business looks like.

I was so encouraged when Lambert took over, especially with Irvine and Rob Kelly coming with him. We all know what followed though, so until we know that whoever gets the gig is going to be backed, I'm going to be a bit worried. 

If I remember correctly Lambert was appointed either just before or during an International break and it was within days of Bowyer going. Similarly Mowbray took over a very short while after Coyle was sacked. Mowbray went public and effectively handed his notice in on May 30th, almost a month ago. And we are still in the process of interviewing with seemingly a few weeks to an appointment. As has been said many times this time of year is crucial to the upcoming season with preparations and planning to be done on many fronts and we are already on the back foot.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Or he needs a week to see if he's been offered any of the other positions he's applied for?

He hasnt been offered the job yet according to Unleaded who is probably the most reliable itks on here 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

Told two candidates interviewed are Duncan Ferguson and Hasselbaink.  Already posted previously, each of these is being pushed hard, particularly Ferguson.

Also understand Jagielka has thrown his hat into the ring.

Somebody needs to throw it back out again!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Glen, it would be a poor show if Jagielka couldn't jump ahead of Wenger, he's 72 and has lost a lot of his muscular density 🤣

The way my horse is fattening up during his spring/summer break he will probably jump better than him too

1653559322942.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

If I remember correctly Lambert was appointed either just before or during an International break and it was within days of Bowyer going. Similarly Mowbray took over a very short while after Coyle was sacked. Mowbray went public and effectively handed his notice in on May 30th, almost a month ago. And we are still in the process of interviewing with seemingly a few weeks to an appointment. As has been said many times this time of year is crucial to the upcoming season with preparations and planning to be done on many fronts and we are already on the back foot.

You sound surprised