BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that anybody has a good record on here in regards to insider knowledge to be fair.

There is a few tbf, and if Farke dont get the job, i think that will be the first one in 12 years on here where i have been wrong 😉

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just a motivator as far as I can see. I’m not sure that works with modern players.

Could work alongside a really good coach.

I'm sort of both intrigued by Ferguson and not really wanting him both at the same time.

• Like 3

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Record speaks for itself , broke a good few stories, unlike you assombalonga - which I gave you the benefit of the doubt for 

I'll wait...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

My understanding was the links were all agent work as job pointed out 

On Farke 100% that is not true, he has spoken with V's advisors directly, if he has chosen not to speak with Ewood, then ultimately he does not like what was said by the V's

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You never know. Ferguson's name keeps popping up on the rumour mill. Manning would be very interesting but has been very much on QPR's radar seeming.

Any other decent League 1  managers apart from him and Ainsworth?

The lad  from Rotherham not too shabby, Paul Warne, but he’s championship now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

On Farke 100% that is not true, he has spoken with V's advisors directly, if he has chosen not to speak with Ewood, then ultimately he does not like what was said by the V's

To me that is a more plausable reason.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Don Said said:

My mate and next door neighbour (not a Rovers fan) met Carvalhal by chance in Madrid airport on Monday afternoon. I had only mentioned to him I wanted Farke or Carvalhal last week hence him noticing. They were getting a flight back to Liverpool.

Asked him if he was going to be Rovers manager… he said I can’t say anything but had a massive grin on his face. Based on that quick chat him and his mates all put a bet on it happening.

Perhaps he did a virtual interview in the morning and then flew over/flew elsewhere. He didn’t get on the Liverpool flight but was in the same area of the next flight over to London.

CA19518E-D25E-4788-A4D9-89EB05B7716C.jpeg

48CD74AB-F551-40BA-B405-2A8E1927EE29.jpeg

The one on the right was the one who aint managed before, starts the week after Carvalhal decides no

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected, was my belief that he had distanced himself from the role early on and wished a challenge away from the champ 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

There is a few tbf, and if Farke dont get the job, i think that will be the first one in 12 years on here where i have been wrong 😉

Without wishing to be rude who did you successfully tip us up on  as I don't recall it.

I don't remember anyone coming up with Mowbray before it was announced - probably for very good reason.

"Let's have a look at the list of former League 1 managers who jumped from their last role before they were pushed" etc etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Without wishing to be rude who did you successfully tip us up on  as I don't recall it.

I don't remember anyone coming up with Mowbray before it was announced - probably for very good reason.

"Let's have a look at the list of former League 1 managers who jumped from their last role before they were pushed" etc etc.

I aint got time for that, 

On TM, no-one saw that coming, if we'd had 50 guesses,

So these alledged 4 person interviews, could be anything from wagatha, to shearings coaches.

Given the 50 or so reported applicants, unless 46 included you and i and similar then this is poor by any imagination

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

4 interviewed on Monday, my understanding that ainsworth wasn’t one of them, but another league 1 manager was, one out of work champ manager and one looking to move into management from years of a coaching role 

The out of work champ manager is definitely Woodgate isn’t it FFS. 😖

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Carvalhal might be short term.

Then I look at his first season at Sheff Wed - went from bottom half to play off final

Nearly kept Swansea in the PL

Rio Ave - highest ever league finish in his first season

Braga - cup winners and Euro semi finals 

Yep, wouldn't matter so much if he could give us 1-2 really good seasons at full throttle and produce good results.

If however he was (imo) like Lambert, uncommitted and not bothered about the state of players contracts moving forward in the long term etc it could be disastrous.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Then I look at his first season at Sheff Wed - went from bottom half to play off final

He would be but after the slow death of mowbrays reign , the live hard and fast route is ok by me 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Some people use the amount of clubs he’s managed against him, but he never really established himself or became a known name till he took that Sheff Wednesday job and since then as you’ve just put, his record has been decent. 

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Welcome Carlos! I’m excited to have a top manager at this level. 

Is this your usual curse? How recent was that photo? I want all the info Josh because I finally want to trust you after all these years of hurt. 

• Like 1