BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

24 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I heard a snippet on 5Live yesterday, stating that Burnley are aiming to make an appointment by the end of the month.

That's how you do it, unlike our protracted effort.

Dyche been out of a job far longer than Mowbray?

Few on here reckon by June 6th we will have a new manager appointed.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I think you are totally misguided on this point it was such a huge thing to do it was unique and it was a whole community project that took a lot of people making hard decisions despite the fact it might not be well received - I say it was a complete and utter success and deserved nothing but praise to the club the community the elders and seniors involved and of course those who took part 

I can’t really be misguided, as I haven’t stated whether I agree or disagree with the actual event. I am pretty neutral about it to be honest.

My comment was referring to the feedback (negative and positive) in the daily mail and how people of importance were unlikely to have read it.

Edited by lraC

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Gibson at Boro probably does and the guy who set Huddersfield on the right path a few yeas ago, Hoyle i think it was.

There are a few around especially lower down the scale but it's by no means a guarantee of success. Many are hampered by lack of enough finance or inherited debts. That's not really been the case here it's been a lack of common sense and making the correct effort to get to grips with what they are actually doing with the club.

Too much personal wealth to cover mistakes without batting an eyelid, too much arrogant aloof assumption that the Indian business/family way is the only way to run an English football club. Too much relying on just praying and paying that'll it'll just come right of it's own accord.  And of course too many snouts in the trough and wrong tongues i right arseholes.

Common football sense needed in head office now to build on what is here and a director on the board who preferably knows the club and town.  

Two things that shouldn't be impossible to attain for billionaires with any semblance of a plan for the club.

@AndyhHolt

Whoever takes over could do worse than shadowing that fella for a short while.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

You get the impression like when Mowbray got the job, it will be someone that comes out of nowhere that nobody was even mentioning for the job. Very worrying. 

Why? If they're employed elsewhere they probably would like to strike a deal first before going public. Others won't mind a bit of publicity, like Ainsworth (managing at lower level) Farke or Carvalhal (both unemployed).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Let me get this straight.

So someone that has been going to Ewood since he was five years old, a sixth generation fanatic, that loves the club like family, that spends his days giving himself RSI by posting on an obscure Rovers forum, that spends thousands of pounds and travels hundreds of miles year in year out …

doesn’t want us to actually succeed, in fact, he can’t BEAR the thought of it, indeed he’s TERRIFIED of it, because, err, well, he’d rather spite some family in Pune, India that aren’t even aware of his existence over the success and well being of his beloved Blackburn Rovers!? 

Nice try 😁

“Obscure” take that back…😆

No. 1 on Google with no underhand SEO manipulation I’ll have you know…

“Mods…lifetime ban please” 😁90F46744-558C-4ABE-8EE9-D1BD61D19E4D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phili said:

How is that how you do it?

They sacked Dyche months ago and are only just looking to appoint a new manager. Theirs is definitely protracted.

Well considering it was only 3 days ago since they knew what division they were in, which arguably influences the type and calibre of manager they can go for, I'd say that's pretty quick.

No messing around putting shortlists together and interviewing; they've gone straight for their man in Kompany and are seemingly getting the job done. Dyche was only sacked a month ago.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tabula Rasa said:

@AndyhHolt

Whoever takes over could do worse than shadowing that fella for a short while.

You'd think existing executives riding on the gravy train costing 150/300k a year would be capable of understanding their club and market.

Problem is unlike Andy they don't need too because the money is already there and they don't have too work day and night for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I love the same endless cycle. One or two posters saying the same things about how the club has lots of interesting developments with the patronising undertone of how everyone else doesn't know what is happening. People naturally ask for detail, no answer is given and those people are told to go and ask themselves.

For what its worth, Rich Sharpe reckons the pitch is just the usual work as seen every year. Presumably Venkys still arent willing to spend the required 2m.

Those in the know putting a positive PR spin on it are actually that out of touch they don't even know it's just the usual pitch reseeding job ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So not a 'weave' pitch that was told on here quite recently

I can assure you the playing surface is a weaved pitch - it’s up to you whether you accept this but due to the high stands additional lighting has been bought to help the pitch retain its ‘performance and state’ throughout the whole season 

30 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Maybe I'm looking at it from a far too invested fan angle. However, would there not be an element of losing 'face' infront of your friends when it comes to football talk due to what your family has done to a once proud club?

I mean, if you and your mates are keen football viewers, you discuss the latest goings on etc, and your family owns a football club, not any old Sunday league club either, would you not want your club to be the best that it can be? To be in the big league, as it once was.

Obviously, I don't mean get us up there with City, Real Madrid in Europe etc, but at least strive to do better than the dross, in the main, that has been served up for the past 11 years.

We've heard how they apparently want promotion, but we've seen no evidence of that in reality. Blingy in 2013 "I want promotion". Mowbray in 2017 "the owners wanted to fund a double promotion". Chance comes this January and we see nothing.

We've heard how 'face' is a big thing for them. You have to wonder what 'face' there is in sitting mid table in the Championship considering where we were when they bought us. The shamelessness of it all is summed up by something that I read the other day, about how one of them (not Jagdish) often trots out the "I own a football club" line to impress others.

Maybe Jagdish might show some ambition if he is to work at Ewood in some capacity, as he would be in a position to influence change. Something which wasn't the case in 2010. But it's still a distant hope, is that.

We're just a trinket for them to look at and show off now and then. What they are showing off exactly, I don't know! They ought to be embarrassed, but most likely don't care. Mowbray was right when he hinted that not going up doesn't hurt them. Nothing much about the club does.

Pivotal few weeks coming up for them. Get these appointments wrong and we can forget about seeing promotion under these owners, in my opinion.

I think it's typical of people of this ilk to be all over it when something good happens but completely ignore it when things aren't going well. So it would be the same in front of their friends they just wouldn't mention the club and just boast about something else and i doubt he was any different.

When i spoke to him briefly and politely albeit pointing out the mess i can assure you there was no concern or contrition. His answer was my family have shown they can afford to fund the club so nobody should worry. When i pointed out people were concerned about what was going on on the pitch and the managerial situation he seemed completely non plussed.  Attitude was very much we've got the money and we'll get it right.

Then i was blocked.

This was a long time ago and maybe he has more of a grasp of it now but i wouldn't be too sure. I think if it was his own money he'd certainly have a different take on it that's for sure.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I can assure you the playing surface is a weaved pitch - it’s up to you whether you accept this but due to the high stands additional lighting has been bought to help the pitch retain its ‘performance and state’ throughout the whole season 

I'm pretty sure it's been a weave pitch since the days of Netlon.

The problem is the drainage, always has been

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I should not have commented on something I knew nothing about, my apologies.

I have now read up a bit on the subject of weave pitches and I understand a bit more, hopefully.

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I heard a snippet on 5Live yesterday, stating that Burnley are aiming to make an appointment by the end of the month.

That's how you do it, unlike our protracted effort.

Burnley also got relegated, not the way to do it. I say leave it to the experts to get the right man for Blackburn Rovers, even if it takes time.

56 minutes ago, 1874 said:

I'm pretty sure it's been a weave pitch since the days of Netlon.

The problem is the drainage, always has been

Netlon closed down many years ago😅 the standard of weaved pitches is so far advanced nowadays. As was seen towards the end of the last season the pitch was significantly better than it has been so now it should be even hardier than we have seen. I suppose for the doubters time will clearly tell as we head through and out of the winter period and there are more midweek games due to the World Cup break

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Dyche been out of a job far longer than Mowbray?

Few on here reckon by June 6th we will have a new manager appointed.

The 2022-2023 season starts early this year because of the World Cup July 30th. I reckon the new manager will be in place mid June at the latest.

Just now, goozburger said:

12 years and counting? 😔

Some Rovers supporters are aiming high only the best will do, they forget we are a club in debt with limited funds.Tony Mowbray wasn't good enough to take Rovers to the Premiership, but he's left the next manager in line some talented youngsters who can only get better with experience.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Some Rovers supporters are aiming high only the best will do, they forget we are a club in debt with limited funds.Tony Mowbray wasn't good enough to take Rovers to the Premiership, but he's left the next manager in line some talented youngsters who can only get better with experience.

Most of that debt has been created by the people who own us because of their poor decision making.

And the majority of our debt isn't external it is owed to the owners who will only ever get it back through promotion to the Premier league.

They are minted and should after 12 years be appointing a high profile manager ,not another has been who happens to have a promotion on their CV 10 year ago

• Like 2

Reading this topic is eye opening really. It really shows how aimless this club is. We the fans haven’t got a clue what’s going on. We can’t even make educated guesses. Some of us believe our top targets have to be interested because we are a club on the up. Some believe the owners will look for the cheapest option regardless. Others believe a left field appointment. 
My opinion is simple. We have some talented young players and a youth system that produces. We should look for a manager with a history of working under such circumstances. Add a little experience where needed. 
Will we get such an appointment? Who knows. We don’t even know who is doing the interviews etc. As ever no communication. Ignore the odds on who will be the next manager. The bookies haven’t a clue. No one does

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

Reading this topic is eye opening really. It really shows how aimless this club is. We the fans haven’t got a clue what’s going on. We can’t even make educated guesses. Some of us believe our top targets have to be interested because we are a club on the up. Some believe the owners will look for the cheapest option regardless. Others believe a left field appointment. 
My opinion is simple. We have some talented young players and a youth system that produces. We should look for a manager with a history of working under such circumstances. Add a little experience where needed. 
Will we get such an appointment? Who knows. We don’t even know who is doing the interviews etc. As ever no communication. Ignore the odds on who will be the next manager. The bookies haven’t a clue. No one does

Pretty well agree with most of that, no one has a clue outside of the club, but saying we don’t know who’s doing the interviews, why should we know, there shouldn’t be communication re names until it’s done and dusted.

• Like 2