BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I should not have commented on something I knew nothing about, my apologies.

I have now read up a bit on the subject of weave pitches and I understand a bit more, hopefully.

Watch from 11mins

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unsall said:

Pretty well agree with most of that, no one has a clue outside of the club, but saying we don’t know who’s doing the interviews, why should we know, there shouldn’t be communication re names until it’s done and dusted.

Do those inside the club know who the interviewers are? It comes back to the total lack of any info from the club/owners We know no actual timeline. Other clubs always outline a timeline for these type of appointments. This is a shorter summer than typical. They really should have had someone lined up ages ago. It was very clear we weren’t going to make the playoffs and the TM was going. This is not a time for a long protracted appointment. 

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Burnley also got relegated, not the way to do it. I say leave it to the experts to get the right man for Blackburn Rovers, even if it takes time.

We've been waiting more than a decade and the "experts" running the club haven't got the right man yet

How long should we wait? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Following a successful interview on Monday I believe the job has been offered to carvahal if he wants it, now taking a week to mull it over, has other options 

If and i say IF this is true ..... In other words he’l use Us as a back up

Doesn’t seem convincing if he needs a week to mull over

Edited by pomster
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We've been waiting more than a decade and the "experts" running the club haven't got the right man yet

How long should we wait? 

If we had “experts” running the club, they would’ve identified their number one target and gone after him, (and then moved on to the second choice, if necessary).

The pussyfooting around sums up the wisdom vacuum at the club.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the interviews, to listen to the questions.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Following a successful interview on Monday I believe the job has been offered to carvahal if he wants it, now taking a week to mull it over, has other options 

Have you heard anything similar? @unleaded

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

If we had “experts” running the club, they would’ve identified their number one target and gone after him, (and then moved on to the second choice, if necessary).

The pussyfooting around sums up the wisdom vacuum at the club.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the interviews, to listen to the questions.

if we had anyone with any footballing nous,he/she does`nt need to be expert,they`de have moved for wayne rooney and already secured him,we don`t however,have anyone in the club with the slightest idea of progression ,ambition or footballing knowledge,rooney is going to the top,rovers could have been his next step,as it is,he`s treading uncertainty at derby and someone will come in for him soon,someone with actual ambition

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

BBC are saying the dingles are hoping to sign up Vincent Kompany as their next manager. Great player in his day but a bit of an unknown as a manager. A bit of a gamble really. He’ll either be a success or a failure, there won’t be a middle ground.

It also depends on what you class as success or failure

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

4 interviewed on Monday, my understanding that ainsworth wasn’t one of them, but another league 1 manager was, one out of work champ manager and one looking to move into management from years of a coaching role 

Mm, let’s hope there’s better to come.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not unheard of tbf

IF this is true and he does indeed want a week to "mull it over" I would have thought it pretty unlikely he'll be coming.

Smacks of Lambert. One foot out of the door before he even started. Carvalhal also has a bit of of a history of being here one minute gone the next.

Whilst we dont want to be saddled with a liability long beyond their sell by date like Mowbray, by the same token we need someone who is fully committed for a reasonable period whilst they are here imo.

• Like 3

• Backroom

A really weird, out of the blue one from a pal at work (same guy who told me Venus left 2-3 weeks ago):

Robbie Keane as a 'name', and keeps the Boro links alive 😅

• Like 1

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

🤣

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

4 interviewed on Monday, my understanding that ainsworth wasn’t one of them, but another league 1 manager was, one out of work champ manager and one looking to move into management from years of a coaching role 

Sounds a bit like we were scraping the barrel, Carvalhal apart, there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Possibly Manning and big Dunc could be two of them.

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not unheard of tbf

Give me someone who thinks the job over, rather than someone who is desperate and jumps straight in. What it does mean, is that it would be a good idea to have a back-up or two.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That last one isn't particularly inspiring. Been a coach for years and now wants to have a crack at management. 

It's got Venkys and failure written all over it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

IF this is true and he does indeed want a week to "mull it over" I would have thought it pretty unlikely he'll be coming.

Smacks of Lambert. One foot out of the door before he even started. Carvalhal also has a bit of of a history of being here one minute gone the next.

Whilst we dont want to be saddled with a liability long beyond their sell by date like Mowbray, by the same token we need someone who is fully committed for a reasonable period whilst they are here imo.

I feel this was always going to be the case with carvahal, his stock his high so if he doesn’t get us promoted his stock will sink so he would need reassurances in terms of finance backing. 
I would be happy enough with him, my number one would be farke but I believe he turned down his interview and will be working closer to home in his next role 

5 minutes ago, unsall said:

Possibly Manning and big Dunc could be two of them.

You never know. Ferguson's name keeps popping up on the rumour mill. Manning would be very interesting but has been very much on QPR's radar seeming.

Any other decent League 1  managers apart from him and Ainsworth?

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I feel this was always going to be the case with carvahal, his stock his high so if he doesn’t get us promoted his stock will sink so he would need reassurances in terms of finance backing. 
I would be happy enough with him, my number one would be farke but I believe he turned down his interview and will be working closer to home in his next role 

That would seem a strange thing for Farke to do. To get the offer of an interview, he would have had to apply for the job in the first place. Why would you do that, if you were going to turn down the interview ?