BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a daft question because neither are fit to be anywhere near the running of Blackburn Rovers, so I wouldn’t appoint either if I was somehow the owner of the club.

’Yeah, yeah, but if you HAD to? Blind or deaf?’

’Leg or arm chopped off?’

It isn't a daft question, as it is probably the real situation. Personally I would pick the young lad over Waggot every day of the week. Who would you pick ? Deaf and arm.

Well no, that is very unlikely to be the situation, as it sounds like he is being floated as the owner’s conduit in England, so a choice between himself or Pasha, not for him to take over as Chief Exec.

Edited by Mattyblue

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

It isn't a daft question, as it is probably the real situation. Personally I would pick the young lad over Waggot every day of the week. Who would you pick ? Deaf and arm.

He won't answer the question because he knows the answer wouldnt support his agenda as regards the owners.

Should he be appointed as CEO - Not at this stage.

Would he nevertheless be an upgrade on Waggott? - probably

Would his everyday involvment at Ewood be a good thing? - Probably

Are him and Waggott the only 2 choices in the world we could possibly appoint for our CEO? - Of course not.

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well no, that is very unlikely to be the situation, as it sounds like he is being floated as the owner’s conduit in England, so a choice between himself or Pasha, not for him to take over as Chief Exec.

So same question, PURELY as conduit, would you take him or Pasha?

BJ, why not. Pasha has achieved the square root of feck all.

Oh and as for the snidey comment in the post one up, try growing up for Christ sake.

But I’ll bite. Can you explain my ‘agenda’ against the owners please? Have a read of my post at the top of the page and let me know what my agenda is and what I hope to achieve from having said ‘agenda’?

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can all cherry pick the few mistakes of somebody whilst ignoring years of consistent good work. Appointed Ince, realised the mistake, had him replaced with a top manager in months, compare that to the last decade. ‘Nearly relegated’, yes Rev, because we had no money for a decade, yet we still always stayed up… until the family you still support fecked it up in months.

You are in a minority of one if you think JW was no better than ok. (But then you always were on that score).

I value Williams' contributions as much as we all do, but looking back a bit... What were his qualifications to run a football club when he was appointed?

I genuinely don't know. I vaguely feel like he came from Granada TV or something m

Just now, Mike E said:

I value Williams' contributions as much as we all do, but looking back a bit... What were his qualifications to run a football club when he was appointed?

I genuinely don't know. I vaguely feel like he came from Granada TV or something m

Didn’t say he had, I was merely replying to Rev who said his reign was ‘just ok’, and I wasn’t going to let that go!

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Have you got an example of this ‘abuse’ following the Eid celebration?
I honestly don’t recall seeing any at all, quite the opposite, in fact. 

You should have a read of the daily Mail comments pages 

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You should have a read of the daily Mail comments pages 

1864Marketing 101:

Only Rovers supporters make racist comments in the Mail online.

• Like 1

If Balaji's son is coming to replace Pasha, to me that will be a good thing.

I understand he follows football like the rest of us........Good

He has been trained in poultry farming. The chicken breeders of Britain should be crapping themselves more than us Rovers supporters.

Someone commented he looked old on the photo. Someone else said they don't want a "kid" running Blackburn Rovers. Anyone who has graduated from university is a young adult and certainly not a kid.

Glen Mullan knows him and speaks highly of him.

Surely if he comes to Blackburn to represent his family ownership and has a bit of business nous and wants the club to do well it's got to be good news for us supporters.

Finally, the proof of the pudding....etc would be if he gets hit by a snowball, gathers some snow and throws one back in the spirit of things, then he'll do for me.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Explain how Waggot is qualified?

As touched upon, why are they the only 2 options? 

But Waggott probably has a good education and more than a passing interest in football. In fact he has done similar jobs at other clubs and will have a far better knowledge of football in this country. Doesnt mean that I want him to continue because I am unimpressed by him and would welcome a change.

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As touched upon, why are they the only 2 options? 

But Waggott probably has a good education

I haven't stated anything about 2 options.

I thought education had nothing to do with it? Lol

In all seriousness it can only be a positive imo that the son is getting involved and going to be present.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Be better than that Rev. That’s not even a low blow, it’s unbelievably poor from you.

Everyone who is bothered enough to post on here clearly cares about Rovers and wants them to succeed more than just about anything. The sceptical among us see no evidence of that happening any time soon.

Perhaps you or @1864roveritecan explain these green shoots you are seeing instead of telling us to do our research, or just coming out with utter shit like the post quoted above.

I can't speak for 1864 or any other group who have physically sat down and held  held discussions with the Club.

If you've been reading the forum regularly recently you'll probably have noticed I've said on a number of occasions recently,  that speaking purely from a personal point of view apart from the community work  I can't see much sign of the type of improvement that was promised a year or so ago. I don't know what else you want me to say, lie and say I can see it?

That said, Mowbray, Venus and Park now gone, (three down one to go) 1864 says there is a largely reconstituted new pitch in the offing - we'll see what happens on that front - and if there is a decent managerial appointment I'd say those are very much the first signs of the green shoots of recovery, Wouldn't you?

However, even if nothing that has been promised by the Club comes off, that's their fault not the fault of 1864 or any other supporter who has selflessly given up their time and effort in good faith for the love of the Club in an attempt to steer it gradually in the right direction. I'm assuming you come into that category as well in connection with your work for the Rovers Trust.

For Matty to deride that is at least as low   as anything you accuse me of and then in the next breath he accuses 1864 of being divisive!

For us all to be arguing like two bald men fighting over a comb about John Williams (who left the Club eleven years ago) and Jagdish ( who may not even be coming in) tends to indicate what a slow day it's probably been on the search for a new manager front.

The longer it drags on the more  I fear it's likely we'll end up with another uninspiring appointment off the managerial scrapheap in the Mowbray ilk. At a well run Club you'd hope the first you'd hear about a stellar new appointment was when the new man was being photographed with a scarf above his head. But with the mob on the ground at Ewood?

Hope the feeling of pessimism in this regard is unjustified and Glen for example is right.

I see Jon Dahl Tomasson is being linked with the QPR job quite heavily as well as Ainsworth. Quite an interesting one, maybe thinking its a Graham Potter-esque appointment after his time at Malmo.

I'm sure Chaddy must have mentioned him on the 8th May at 14:30 but I haven't noticed his name being linked with us at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I see Jon Dahl Tomasson is being linked with the QPR job quite heavily as well as Ainsworth. Quite an interesting one, maybe thinking its a Graham Potter-esque appointment after his time at Malmo.

I'm sure Chaddy must have mentioned him on the 8th May at 14:30 but I haven't noticed his name being linked with us at all.

I would stay away from Jon Dahl.