BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, neophox said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuno_Espírito_Santo

Think this one can happen if not Farke.

Did very well with Wolves.

You have to be winding me up 

Nuno had a great season in the Premier League - surely his stock is higher than us? He had a bad do at the cursed Tottenham but you’d think there’s a top division club lined up for him somewhere? 
Im hoping you are right, but I’d be shocked 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

The long term plan is for Jagdish to be involved  although this year, im not too sure.

Having spoken with him personally over the last few years, he has spent a lot of time learning the poultry business, including working out on the farms at ground level, whilst also doing his University. His path is very much to be involved in the family empire. first and foremost.

He is quite a grounded young man, who wants to work for his future rather than have it handed to him on a plate.

He watches all the games and is genuinely passionate about football.

I think he takes after the other side of the family, he is very pleasant and can talk for hours. Would certainly engage with supporter base if uk based.

Sounds like he has decent character at least, but I'd really rather he had spent a lot of time learning the football business than the poultry business! Does he strike you as intelligent?

I found him very helpful in initially being the go between, between myself, Madam and Bala, expecially during the Shagnew days.

He was instrumental in many truths reaching the owners prior to me getting direct contact, and hand delivered some very interesting things we shared including documents and recordings.

Really? How old was he at that point? 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

One of my biggest issues with these owners is the absolute lack of communication, even their man on the ground doesn't communicate with the fans of local media. Instead we get Waggott who, if the stories are true has no power whatsoever. If the young man comes in and at least opens up lines of communication then that to me is a huge improvement on what we have had for over a decade. If he has a degree of autonomy that might speed up some of the snail paced processes we now have. However as always with this lot even the most simplest of things are extremely difficult.

Maybe it is because he doesn’t like the substantial amount of criticism and abuse whereas some well formed dialogue might assist in getting a response! The abuse the club has received following the Eid celebration is nothing short of shocking and embarrassing and to me it’s downright disgusting for the type of comments made to and about the club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Difference being, that’s Pep Guardiola who’s a world class manager and he manages world class players.

I’d say he’s earnt the right to do whatever he wants.

Ably assisted by the millions of cash at his disposal. It’s fabulous how these world class managers have never done anything on a shoestring budget or without substantial financial backing!

2 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

You may be right Phili, but can you believe it's come to this?  They're so petrified of being rinsed again that the only people they choose to trust are their driver, or their son. Neither of whom have ANY experience or expertees in the world of professional football.  Pathetic.

It's expertise.

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The more we mention some of these names, the more we're going to be crashing back down to Earth. Can we please just stick to accepting it'll be one of Grayson, Bowyer (Gaz), or Damien Johnson, and be pleasantly surprised when we've coaxed Critchley instead? 😆

Grayson house is going on the market!

A tiny minority of social media trolls, as to be expected. Look at the penalty missers at the Euros, also a tiny minority of knuckle draggers, it’s the modern social media world. The club has had massive positive publicity.

Your posts are getting increasingly odd, 1864, you seem to enjoy being divisive and I’ve no idea what you are trying to achieve. Unfortunately you seem to be the very last person the club should be engaging with…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

An extraordinary marker of how just how far we have fallen as a club, but also how it can, over time dumb down the expectations of the fanbase.  To think John Williams was chairman 11 years ago.  Now we've got genuine positivity about the owners son, fresh out of a top uni, taking a senior role on the board.   

Bit premature to have a meltdown on the strength of the word of someone on here that Balaji's son will be coming into the Club.

Bit harsh as well. Given Suhail is their eyes and ears on the ground over her and was formerly their driver difficult to see how he could be much of a downgrade whilst learning on the job.

If he's the eyes and ears you don't need much technical expertise for that, if he was coming in and taking Waggott's job straight away you might have more of a point but even then, could he do much worse? Name one thing Waggott has done which has been of benefit to the Club.

Perhaps they're copying the John Williams model anyway - appointing someone who knew the square root of naff all about football at the time he was appointed.

That worked out (generally) OK.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Your posts are getting increasingly odd, 1864, you seem to enjoy being divisive and I’ve no idea what you are trying to achieve. Unfortunately you seem to be the very last person the club should be engaging with…

You seem terrified that some positive change MIGHT be happening Matty.

Why is that?

Mowbray out, Venus out, (new pitch which you split hairs about) I'll take that to be going on with.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

I'm still sticking with my predictions of Nigel Adkins, Simon Grayson or similar.

I don't doubt that decent managers are out there, will have applied and will be willing to come and work here in the right circumstances.

Unfortunately I don't think that will go very far as I don't think the people running Rovers want those decent managers, and even if they did I think they would blow it during the interview, negotiation or final ratification stage.

NES would cost an absolute fortune. He will have been on good money at Wolves along with a small army of coaching staff including Cathro and even more at Spurs since when he has been counting his pay-off.

With PL finishes of 7th and working at Spurs under his belt he can sit tight and wait for another PL job or if not lucrative employment in Europe, Middle East or beyond. The only way he comes to the Championship is with a huge salary and big budget to get promoted. I'd like to think it is possible, but unless the people running Rovers have had brain transplants over the last few weeks (these the people who continue to employ 2nd rate staff and cut corners on pitch replacement costs) it isn't happening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You seem terrified that some positive change MIGHT be happening Matty.

Mowbray out, Venus out, (new pitch which you split hairs about)

Why is  that?

Eh? That’s the exact opposite of my point.

I don’t like our club and fanbase being besmirched. It was a great initiative all round and 99.9% of feedback was positive, apart from professional trolls.

A real positive by and for the club. So try again!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

I don't want to seem like a doom merchant but I'll believe the positive change when I see it.

History tells us that the rug can be pulled at any moment. At the moment it is hearsay. Granted it is nice to see the Developers get their marching orders (well, Waggott is due apparently) but the job is only half done. You need to replace them with better.

I will only start believing change is happening when the right people are in right job. Until then I'm still half expecting a serious let down.

• Like 4