BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Can we at least consider the possibility that this club is actually held in high regard within the football fraternity (more than amongst some of its supporters), and that high profile managers WOULD be interested in taking over a famous, historic club such as ours. A nucleus of a good, young  squad, fantastic academy and finances hopefully to strengthen the team. What’s not to like for a high calibre manager? 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit premature to have a meltdown on the strength of the word of someone on here that Balaji's son will be coming into the Club.

Bit harsh as well. Given Suhail is their eyes and ears on the ground over her and was formerly their driver difficult to see how he could be much of a downgrade whilst learning on the job.

If he's the eyes and ears you don't need much technical expertise for that, if he was coming in and taking Waggott's job straight away you might have more of a point but even then, could he do much worse? Name one thing Waggott has done which has been of benefit to the Club.

Perhaps they're copying the John Williams model anyway - appointing someone who knew the square root of naff all about football at the time he was appointed.

That worked out (generally) OK.

Hmmm, was it a meltdown?  I stand by what I said.   The Rao's bought one of the best run clubs in English football... 12 years later fans are getting giddy about the prospect of their son, with absolutely no experience in football, coming in at boardroom level.

Your comment on Waggott only really reinforces my point.  Adopting an 'anything but him' approach.  Forget appointing a proven, experienced candidate, yon lad can't do any worse, give him a try.  I mean, have we all just forgotten what a proper football club looks like? **

As for comparisons with the John Williams model.   Williams was appointed by Jack Walker - the man who transformed BRFC, took us to the very top of the football pyramid and had the very best interest of the club and the town at heart.  No doubt he made mistakes during his ownership, but he quickly rectified them and you could never, ever question his motives. The Rao's on the other hand.... 

**EDIT - Apologies, misread the Waggot paragraph, realised you aren't recommending him for that role, more mocking how hopeless Waggot is. 

Still I maintain, what kind of company position is a 'snidey go between' to spy on the CEO THEY employed 🤣 it's fucking bananas and once again reinforces my point that our expectations have been eroded away to the point of complete despair! 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe it is because he doesn’t like the substantial amount of criticism and abuse whereas some well formed dialogue might assist in getting a response! The abuse the club has received following the Eid celebration is nothing short of shocking and embarrassing and to me it’s downright disgusting for the type of comments made to and about the club

Who are you talking about?

The pitch will probably be ok this year depending in the weather. The world cup break will allow for a maintenance period which should help massively. Obviously can't prepare for an absolute bucket of water like the Preston game but I'm confident it'll be in better shape this season overall. I'm not defending anyone, just an observation.

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't want to seem like a doom merchant but I'll believe the positive change when I see it.

History tells us that the rug can be pulled at any moment. At the moment it is hearsay. Granted it is nice to see the Developers get their marching orders (well, Waggott is due apparently) but the job is only half done. You need to replace them with better.

I will only start believing change is happening when the right people are in right job. Until then I'm still half expecting a serious let down.

Yep look at the positivety around the Lambert appointment and the fuss they made recruiting backroom staff.  Then it emerged they weren't backing him with anything other than stretching the wage budget a bit. Then Rhodes is sold and it's clear to him that there will be no future significant backing despite him allegedly having some decent players primed.  So off he goes along with the new backroom staff.

Substitute Brereton for Rhodes and we could well enter similar territory here again over the next 12 months.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe it is because he doesn’t like the substantial amount of criticism and abuse whereas some well formed dialogue might assist in getting a response! The abuse the club has received following the Eid celebration is nothing short of shocking and embarrassing and to me it’s downright disgusting for the type of comments made to and about the club

The bit in bold 🤣🤣🤣  You're absolutely spot on, we've been without a morsel of well-formed dialogue for 12 years!!  Have you considered that some well-formed dialogue from the club might assist in getting a positive response from the fanbase, rather than the other way round?

How can you expect fans to engage in well formed dialogue via the available communication lines of twitter, unread email inboxes, a once in a blue moon evening with Waggot and comments on the LET webpage.  Get real. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm still sticking with my predictions of Nigel Adkins, Simon Grayson or similar.

I don't doubt that decent managers are out there, will have applied and will be willing to come and work here in the right circumstances.

Unfortunately I don't think that will go very far as I don't think the people running Rovers want those decent managers, and even if they did I think they would blow it during the interview, negotiation or final ratification stage.

NES would cost an absolute fortune. He will have been on good money at Wolves along with a small army of coaching staff including Cathro and even more at Spurs since when he has been counting his pay-off.

With PL finishes of 7th and working at Spurs under his belt he can sit tight and wait for another PL job or if not lucrative employment in Europe, Middle East or beyond. The only way he comes to the Championship is with a huge salary and big budget to get promoted. I'd like to think it is possible, but unless the people running Rovers have had brain transplants over the last few weeks (these the people who continue to employ 2nd rate staff and cut corners on pitch replacement costs) it isn't happening.

Agree with all of that. I hope I am wrong, of course, but in my mind, I have written off the chances of a Farke, Carvahal or a similar bracket of manager turning up here. The idea of Nuno coming to Rovers is dream world stuff and unrealistic, I feel.

In my opinion, the talk of the 'big names' (for this level) is being used as PR to build up excitement and to make it look like we could be about to make a serious appointment. We've seen this before with the "we've had 40 applications" only to end up with the most dreary or outrageous of appointments (Coyle).

On the playing side we had "defenders are coming", "we'll look to make a few additions" and players in the building who we failed to sign. Only later did we hear about who we could have had. I'm expecting similar with the manager, but will happily hold my hands up if they go and shock us with their pick.

When looking at the list of uninspiring names banded about, I am of the belief that Adkins is the best of the rest and the most realistic appointment based on what these owners have shown us to date. I want a top appointment like most people, but would not be too dismayed if Adkins turned up. Grayson or anybody similar however...

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately I don't think that will go very far as I don't think the people running Rovers want those decent managers, and even if they did I think they would blow it during the interview, negotiation or final ratification stage.

For the avoidance of doubt, who are "the people running Rovers" as far as you are concerned?

5 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Agree with all of that. I hope I am wrong, of course, but in my mind, I have written off the chances of a Farke, Carvahal or a similar bracket of manager turning up here. The idea of Nuno coming to Rovers is dream world stuff and unrealistic, I feel.

In my opinion, the talk of the 'big names' (for this level) is being used as PR to build up excitement and to make it look like we could be about to make a serious appointment. We've seen this before with the "we've had 40 applications" only to end up with the most dreary or outrageous of appointments (Coyle).

On the playing side we had "defenders are coming", "we'll look to make a few additions" and players in the building who we failed to sign. Only later did we hear about who we could have had. I'm expecting similar with the manager, but will happily hold my hands up if they go and shock us with their pick.

When looking at the list of uninspiring names banded about, I am of the belief that Adkins is the best of the rest and the most realistic appointment based on what these owners have shown us to date. I want a top appointment like most people, but would not be too dismayed if Adkins turned up. Grayson or anybody similar however...

Adkins would be as bad as Grayson imo. The new manager will be the real litmus  test of the owners intentions going forward not splitting hairs about whether the pitch is undergoing a major reconstruction or simply  the usual summer make over. 

If they get this one wrong.............

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Where has this Nuno stuff come from? Genuine links or tongue in cheek comment taken seriously? Either way, as much as I’d like it, can’t see any chance of it whatsoever 

Nothing in it whatsoever. A poster on here said "If Farke falls through, what about this guy?" etc.

I'd be happy if we we genuinely in for Farke.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing in it whatsoever. A poster on here said "If Farke falls through, what about this guy?" etc.

I'd be happy if we we genuinely in for Farke.

Cheers. Yeah me too Farke. Would be delighted if he came in. Seems so simple doesn’t it…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Eh? That’s the exact opposite of my point.

I don’t like our club and fanbase being besmirched. It was a great initiative all round and 99.9% of feedback was positive, apart from professional trolls.

A real positive by and for the club. So try again!

I was referring to your uncalled for comment about 1864. I've no idea what has been said about giving Ewood Park up for prayer one way or the other as it has absolutely no relevance to me. 

However generally  1864 has made the effort to get up off his backside out of concern for the Club and engage with them to try and find out what the hell was going on after a very poor season last season. You may not agree with his interpretation of what he's been told, (indeed I'm not as positive as he is I dont think) but I don't get the constant need to slate everything he says. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Same goes for the much maligned "QEGS group". Everyone is only acting through love of the Club and the perceived secrecy only arises because the Club requests that the vast majority of what is discussed remains confidential.

Anyone not agreeing with 1864's view on our general situation would I'm sure be able to contact the Club and discuss matters themselves.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Cheers. Yeah me too Farke. Would be delighted if he came in. Seems so simple doesn’t it…

Yep.

We had it on a plate. 2 outstanding candidates out of work in  Farke and Dyche.

Instead there seems to be a danger we're trying to cock it up by compiling and sifting through short lists of inferior candidates.

We shall see I guess.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For the avoidance of doubt, who are "the people running Rovers" as far as you are concerned?

Very good question indeed, and one which I doubt even the people at the club know the right answer to.

We've got the 4 top owners in India, we don't know which if any of those are actively involved. Some reckon Balaji is the football man yet it seems Desai and hubby are the ultimate power.

Potentially countless advisors and managers below them in the owners' ears.

Rumours about Balaji's son being prepared for the job, who knows what he does.

Pasha, invisible and silent yet very much involved.

Steve Waggott, supposedly the CEO and involved in the appointment process, yet can't do much by the sounds of things.

So that's 7 people we know about, possibly many more sticking their beaks in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Very good question indeed, and one which I doubt even the people at the club know the right answer to.

We've got the 4 top owners in India, we don't know which if any of those are actively involved. Some reckon Balaji is the football man yet it seems Desai and hubby are the ultimate power.

Potentially countless advisors and managers below them in the owners' ears.

Rumours about Balaji's son being prepared for the job, who knows what he does.

Pasha, invisible and silent yet very much involved.

Steve Waggott, supposedly the CEO and involved in the appointment process, yet can't do much by the sounds of things.

So that's 7 people we know about, possibly many more sticking their beaks in.

Grubby little hands would be better