BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

So out of interest, if this young jagdish lad took the reigns at ewood, was around the club on a daily basis how would people initially feel without proving himself as he entered ewood and opened up dialogue with the fans. 

Would people treat him as a fresh start , cautious optimism or would he be seen as another venky

just curious to what peoples initial reaction would be as overtime he will either prove himself or prove venky haters right but the initial reaction as in first press conference, first game at ewood where he is noticeably present etc

Like i said earlier got to give him a chance and see what he's all about it won't take long to suss him out. 

It's not going to happen though they aren't going to let him be the whipping boy for the past 12 years.  If he does get involved it'll be from a safe distance and the local press will be told what they can and can't ask.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I personally think a Venky on the ground could be an important step forward in having proper communication between the club and the owners, AND I would hope it can begin to build a bridge with a fanbase that (myself included) reckons they're a bunch of pillocks.

Agreed. They're not going anywhere, clearly, so any bridges built that in turn lead to a positive outcome for the club would be welcome. Not holding by breath, mind 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I personally think a Venky on the ground could be an important step forward in having proper communication between the club and the owners, AND I would hope it can begin to build a bridge with a fanbase that (myself included) reckons they're a bunch of pillocks.

Tend to agree Mike. Obviously it would all depend on him having a minimum degree of competence but if that could be taken as read I can't think that him being involved on a full time basis would do anything other than push us up the list of priorities in terms of their overall business empire.

• Like 2

Just watching Halifax v Chesterfield. Didn’t realise that the top manager Paul Cook was the Chesterfield manager, so there’s another dead leg that would be right up Venkys street. Cheap and desperate, and another to add to a hate list of back room staff. 

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Just watching Halifax v Chesterfield. Didn’t realise that the top manager Paul Cook was the Chesterfield manager, so there’s another dead leg that would be right up Venkys street. Cheap and desperate, and another to add to a hate list of back room staff. 

jordan "the biggest waste of a million quid ever" slew is playing for halifax and yes,he`s still ****

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So out of interest, if this young jagdish lad took the reigns at ewood, was around the club on a daily basis how would people initially feel without proving himself as he entered ewood and opened up dialogue with the fans. 

Would people treat him as a fresh start , cautious optimism or would he be seen as another venky

just curious to what peoples initial reaction would be as overtime he will either prove himself or prove venky haters right but the initial reaction as in first press conference, first game at ewood where he is noticeably present etc

It can only be good news IMO as it would completely remove the Waggott position which couldn’t approve anything but could and did make decisions slower and worse. As to his qualifications:

- in family businesses, family is a big qualification 

- having direct, unhindered access to the decision-makers

- commitment and desire to succeed

He’s a lot more qualified for the role than 99.9% on here, including me, to write off his ability to run a football club, as none of us have done that either. The issue is not can he run a football club, it’s can he run a football club owned by Venkys.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep.

We had it on a plate. 2 outstanding candidates out of work in  Farke and Dyche.

Instead there seems to be a danger we're trying to cock it up by compiling and sifting through short lists of inferior candidates.

We shall see I guess.

Dyche isn't going to need to take a Championship job. He'll get a prem job soon enough when the sack race starts around November. He can take a few months out with the family till then.

• Like 1

What qualifications does he have to run a football club and would he get a senior position at any other football club?

He'll be right at home here alongside Hunt, Agnew, Shaw, Shebby, Pasha, Waggott and the rest none of whom would have got anywhere near running a club of this size anywhere else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I get it that we could easily hire someone shite as manager, we have previous. But mentioning every dislikeable manager as our potential next one with zero foundation to it is getting a bit tiresome. It’s like getting hacked off about something that hasn’t even happened yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d personally never give anyone that bares the family name a fresh start under any circumstances. He’d have to earn respect through consistent impressive actions and even then, perhaps unfairly, throw in an apology on behalf of the cretinous members of his family that came before him.

Through skim reading a few pages I’ve gleaned this lad is educated, but in what subject. Is this guy a financial wizz from oxbridge or just a lemon goofing off doing media studies or something at a former polytechnic for 3 years on the family rupee.

I agree a direct line to Pune towers can only be a good thing but be careful who you trust, particularly in that family. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Have you got an example of this ‘abuse’ following the Eid celebration?
I honestly don’t recall seeing any at all, quite the opposite, in fact. 

There was a lot of negative stuff on twitter.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Have you got an example of this ‘abuse’ following the Eid celebration?
I honestly don’t recall seeing any at all, quite the opposite, in fact. 

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What qualifications does he have to run a football club and would he get a senior position at any other football club?

He'll be right at home here alongside Hunt, Agnew, Shaw, Shebby, Pasha, Waggott and the rest none of whom would have got anywhere near running a club of this size anywhere else.

His most relevent qualification for a top job at the Rovers, is that he is a family member of the owners. That may end up being a better situation, than what we have at the moment.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

Imagine once of a day having standards so high that you thought John Williams merely ‘did ok’, to now being happy for some kid out of uni to run Blackburn Rovers… and still be in the mindset that this lot are a good thing for the club.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Imagine once of a day having standards so high that you thought John Williams merely ‘did ok’, to now being happy for some kid out of uni to run Blackburn Rovers… and still be in the mindset that this lot are a good thing for the club.

Assume that was aimed at me.

Don't put words into my mouth when I haven't said. anything of the sort.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Irrelevant. Would anyone who had had a senior position in a club be able to manage Venkys? John Williams and Tom Finn certainly couldn’t.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

It would be interesting and potentially quite scary to understand just how much influence/power Bala's lad would have at Ewood.

The plus side is, if he is actually based out of Ewood, there is actually some potential that they might start to at least try and build some bridges after 12 years.

It is likely, that the Venky family will be protecting him as best they can and it's unlikely he'd be facing up to the fans anytime soon.

Is there any confirmation that his son is now in charge of the running of the club?

Hmm, pretty sure you said JW ‘did ok’ this very afternoon!

Though if you don’t think having Balaji Junior potentially run the place is a positive, I’m glad to hear it! Apologies, must have read your post wrong.

Edited by Mattyblue

27 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

It can only be good news IMO as it would completely remove the Waggott position which couldn’t approve anything but could and did make decisions slower and worse. As to his qualifications:

- in family businesses, family is a big qualification 

- having direct, unhindered access to the decision-makers

- commitment and desire to succeed

He’s a lot more qualified for the role than 99.9% on here, including me, to write off his ability to run a football club, as none of us have done that either. The issue is not can he run a football club, it’s can he run a football club owned by Venkys.

Cousin Vineeth

Friend of the Matriarch Shebby

Balajis right hand man

3 examples there how it hasn't worked before but i suppose we would be getting a bit closer to the source with this one.

• Like 1

If he gets anywhere near a senior position it’s nepotism pure and simple. It would be quite the CV. University graduate, few summers working on the chicken farm, executive of a multimillion pound football club.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hmm, pretty sure you said JW ‘did ok’ this very afternoon!

And if you don’t think having Balaji Junior potentially run the place is a positive, I’m glad to hear it! Apologies, must have read your post wrong.

So, a straight choice between Balaji Junior and Waggot, who would you go for ?

• Like 1