BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So out of interest, if this young jagdish lad took the reigns at ewood, was around the club on a daily basis how would people initially feel without proving himself as he entered ewood and opened up dialogue with the fans. 

Would people treat him as a fresh start , cautious optimism or would he be seen as another venky

just curious to what peoples initial reaction would be as overtime he will either prove himself or prove venky haters right but the initial reaction as in first press conference, first game at ewood where he is noticeably present etc

Can only be positive IF managed properly.

I would appoint a wise old head experienced in the commercial, administration and CEO aspects of football to work alongside him, mentoring and developing the lad.  I would certainly be looking at someone other than Waggott!!!  A younger Tom Finn like figure would be ideal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would appoint a wise old head experienced in the commercial, administration and CEO aspects of football to work alongside him, mentoring and developing the lad.  I would certainly be looking at someone other than Waggott!!!  A younger Tom Finn like figure would be ideal.

Can we not just keep him. Sounds ideal better than anything they’ve ever managed to appoint in 12 years. 

Some staggering stuff on here today. It shouldnt require an unqualified family member to be in a role to generate any interest in a club they own.

The standards that people now have. First we have at least we arent out of business, at least they pay the bills, at least we dont have massive points deductions. Now its at least they will potentially prioritise us slightly more, surely he cant be any worse, he went to a decent uni, he seems quite bright, as long as he has a "minimum degree of competence."

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Where would they find such a type though even if they wanted one ?

Seems even these type of football club staff come either via agents or working hand in hand with one.

20 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Nepotism? In a family business? I’m shocked!

Fair enough. Only in the world of Blackburn Rovers does the kid of truly terrible owners running the club get any credence. Not only that but with the bar set so low it sounds better than what we have.

Ps. My dentist is a family run business I just hope they don’t let their 5 year old daughter have a crack at me on my next visit because she’s family. 😜

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yes, who would you choose ?

It’s a daft question because neither are fit to be anywhere near the running of Blackburn Rovers, so I wouldn’t appoint either if I was somehow the owner of the club.

’Yeah, yeah, but if you HAD to? Blind or deaf?’

’Leg or arm chopped off?’

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Fair enough. Only in the world of Blackburn Rovers does the kid of truly terrible owners running the club get any credence. Not only that but with the bar set so low it sounds better than what we have.

Ps. My dentist is a family run business I just hope they don’t let their 5 year old daughter have a crack at me on my next visit because she’s family. 😜

It happens in every family business. While there are issues with a very restricted talent pool and being promoted too early, family appointees do come with some major benefits:

- access to the real power

- not there for the money

- have to live with the consequences of performance for the rest of their lives

- very unlikely to cut and run

- very unlikely to be dodgy 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hmm, pretty sure you said JW ‘did ok’ this very afternoon!

Though if you don’t think having Balaji Junior potentially run the place is a positive, I’m glad to hear it! Apologies, must have read your post wrong.

You know very well what I mean. Yes I said we did "Generally ok" under JW. Did you miss the bits where we were relegated (with Jack's money) nearly relegated another couple of times, didn't sack Souness and appointed Ince?

As I'm sure you're aware the bit about putting words into my mouth related to Jagdish (hope I have spelt his name correctly) . No-one is suggesting he come in tomorrow to run the Club but in the long term having him take over  Pasha's role as the famiily's eyes and ears on the ground and or learning his trade alongside competent staff (not Waggott) could be very beneficial. What's happened up to press clearly hasn't worked.

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a daft question because neither are fit to be anywhere near the running of Blackburn Rovers, so I wouldn’t appoint either if I was somehow the owner of the club.

’Yeah, yeah, but if you HAD to? Blind or deaf?’

’Leg or arm chopped off?’

Deaf and leg all day

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, matt83 said:

If he gets anywhere near a senior position it’s nepotism pure and simple. It would be quite the CV. University graduate, few summers working on the chicken farm, executive of a multimillion pound football club.

Yes heaven forbid we see any examples of nepotism.......... that would never have happened in the days of good old JW..........he would never have appointed his son as Head of Commercial for example.

Ooh err......Hang on!

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You know very well what I mean. Yes I said we did "Generally ok" under JW. Did you miss the bits where we were relegated (with Jack's money) nearly relegated another couple of times, didn't sack Souness and appointed Ince?

As I'm sure you're aware the bit about putting words into my mouth related to Jagdish (hope I have spelt his name correctly) . No-one is suggesting he come in tomorrow to run the Club but in the long term having him take over  Pasha's role as the famiily's eyes and ears on the ground and or learning his trade alongside competent staff (not Waggott) could be very beneficial. What's happened up to press clearly hasn't worked.

We can all cherry pick the few mistakes of somebody whilst ignoring years of consistent good work. Appointed Ince, realised the mistake, had him replaced with a top manager in months, compare that to the last decade. ‘Nearly relegated’, yes Rev, because we had no money for a decade, yet we still always stayed up… until the family you still support fecked it up in months.

You are in a minority of one if you think JW was no better than ok. (But then you always were on that score).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Someone who's from the 'family' and with a strong voice around the boardroom table PLUS someone who could develop a passion for the club similar to our own would be a great boon to the club IMO.

Arguing for investment in that 'special player' when we are in the PL would be proper valuable.

He'll get the bug like us, just give him time.

I think if he gets on board he's worthy of our support. Let's give it a punt. What else have we got?

• Like 5

End of the day there’s no point getting particularly vexed about it, it’s Venky World, they’ll do what ever the feck they want, regardless of if it’s a good, average or batshit crazy idea.

But whoever their point man is, family or otherwise, I can’t see much changing whilst the club is still in cost cutting mode on the ground under the likes of powerless ‘execs’ like Waggott. Real executive power needs to be in place at Ewood Park, not Pune, as we are seeing once again what happens without it, as just like 2016, despite knowing for months of a probable managerial vacancy, we head into June with no manager for a July kick off. That’s six years and not a bloody thing has changed.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can all cherry pick the few mistakes of somebody whilst ignoring years of consistent good work. Appointed Ince, realised the mistake, had him replaced with a top manager in months, compare that to the last decade. ‘Nearly relegated’, yes Rev, because we had no money for a decade, yet we still always stayed up… until the family you still support fecked it up in months.

You are in a minority of one if you think JW was no better than ok. (But then you always were on that score).

Let's get it right their record as owners has been dreadful to date. Against that their financial commitment has been more than impressive and it appears they have no intention whatsoever of going anywhere in the forseeable future. Therefore you can either try and influence proceedings in a positive manner as 1864roverite and several others have attempted and are still attempting  to do or carp from the sidelines and blindly dismiss anything and everything that happens as you appear to be doing.

It comes across as though you can't bear the thought we might one day succeed under Venky's and are absolutely terrified by the possibility.

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Saw a car with the number plate G4RY M3G50N driving out of Brockhall today. Make of that what you will.

That gag's getting a bit boring now isn't it?

Did he crash into T3RRY CONN0R on the way out?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Some staggering stuff on here today. It shouldnt require an unqualified family member to be in a role to generate any interest in a club they own.

The standards that people now have. First we have at least we arent out of business, at least they pay the bills, at least we dont have massive points deductions. Now its at least they will potentially prioritise us slightly more, surely he cant be any worse, he went to a decent uni, he seems quite bright, as long as he has a "minimum degree of competence."

Explain how Waggot is qualified?