BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You never know. Ferguson's name keeps popping up on the rumour mill. Manning would be very interesting but has been very much on QPR's radar seeming.

Any other decent League 1  managers apart from him and Ainsworth?

Rooney.

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I would be happy enough with him, my number one would be farke but I believe he turned down his interview and will be working closer to home in his next role 

I'm a bit ambivalent on Carvalhal but at least it wouldn't be Mowbray.

Disappointing news if true re Farke but realistically only what you'd expect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I feel this was always going to be the case with carvahal, his stock his high so if he doesn’t get us promoted his stock will sink so he would need reassurances in terms of finance backing. 
I would be happy enough with him, my number one would be farke but I believe he turned down his interview and will be working closer to home in his next role 

Well this is depressing, the top 2 candidates (as far as most of the fans are concerned) are both unlikely to come here. 

Champ manager: Cocu? 

League one: no idea, Manning apparently staying at MK Dons and it would require compensation, which Venkys don't do. Jimmy Floyd?

A coach: Ferguson? Just another cheap disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1

If that's all true then we'd better hope Carvalhal takes it.

If Farke's not a goer and the other 3 options include a League One manager, coach (Johnson or Ferguson presumably) and an unemployed Championship manager then Carvalhal is a no brainer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Well this is depressing, the top 2 candidates (as far as most of the fans are concerned) are both unlikely to come here. 

Champ manager: Cocu? 

League one: no idea, Manning apparently staying at MK Dons and it would require compensation, which Venkys don't do. Jimmy Floyd?

A coach: Ferguson? Just another cheap disaster waiting to happen.

Mercer did mention JFH right at the outset saying he was being pushed. Would be a strange choice, wonder who he's represented by?

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You never know. Ferguson's name keeps popping up on the rumour mill. Manning would be very interesting but has been very much on QPR's radar seeming.

Any other decent League 1  managers apart from him and Ainsworth?

Warne? Cowley? Duff?

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

That would seem a strange thing for Farke to do. To get the offer of an interview, he would have had to apply for the job in the first place. Why would you do that, if you were going to turn down the interview ?

It doesn’t work like normal jobs - in most cases there are expressions of interest from agents (ie my client would like to be considered) and then there’s invitations to interview (ie would your client be interested in interviewing for the role of manager of Blackburn Rovers). It’s not uncommon for someone to reject an interview. 

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I feel this was always going to be the case with carvahal, his stock his high so if he doesn’t get us promoted his stock will sink so he would need reassurances in terms of finance backing. 

If true out of 50 applicants the nerds at Ewood shortlisted those 4, god help us.

I'm currently working away, but you have good record, so no reason to doubt what you say.

My only reservation would be if Waggott is going which is strongly doing the rounds today, its strange he'd be in a position to offer the role?

I'd also be dubious Farke turned down an interview after previously indicating to venkys advisors he'd be open to the discussion.

Either way this news is most disappointing, roll on my holidays next week

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mercer did mention JFH right at the outset saying he was being pushed. Would be a strange choice, wonder who he's represented by?

It would be a dreadful appointment.

Cocu's name was also banded around a bit at the start, Waggot was pushing i thought I remember reading.

Either would be terrible.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

It doesn’t work like normal jobs - in most cases there are expressions of interest from agents (ie my client would like to be considered) and then there’s invitations to interview (ie would your client be interested in interviewing for the role of manager of Blackburn Rovers). It’s not uncommon for someone to reject an interview. 

I still cannot understand why the agent would say, that their client would like to be considered for the job. Then say that they don't want to be interviewed.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

If true out of 50 applicants the nerds at Ewood shortlisted those 4, god help us.

I'm currently working away, but you have good record, so no reason to doubt what you say.

My only reservation would be if Waggott is going which is strongly doing the rounds today, its strange he'd be in a position to offer the role?

I'd also be dubious Farke turned down an interview after previously indicating to venkys advisors he'd be open to the discussion.

Either way this news is most disappointing, roll on my holidays next week

Does he have a good record? I can't recall him ever breaking any news that hasn't already been reported on that has come true. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong👀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just a motivator as far as I can see. I’m not sure that works with modern players.

It's too short term. Like Sherwood, goes nuts on the sidelines, brings results in the short term but fades quick and they don't have the managerial nous to turn it round.

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

Does he have a good record? I can't recall him ever breaking any news that hasn't already been reported on that has come true. 

Record speaks for itself , broke a good few stories, unlike you assombalonga - which I gave you the benefit of the doubt for 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I still cannot understand why the agent would say, that their client would like to be considered for the job. Then say that they don't want to be interviewed.

My understanding was the links were all agent work as job pointed out 

2 minutes ago, Madon said:

I've seen quite a few tbf, and one of the posters i do stand up and take notice when he post something

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, unsall said:

Possibly Manning and big Dunc could be two of them.

Yeah, I reckon the same. I know you can’t read too much into betting patterns, but Ferguson’s name has been bubbling around for a good while.

I reckon there will be one or two real horror names in there.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

My understanding was the links were all agent work as job pointed out 

I am still confused, but I defer to your greater experience and accept your explanation. I am looking forward to next season who-ever is in charge.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1