BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

26 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Still one more candidate to speak to, according to reports. Could be another week or so before the manager is announced. Would have settled for that timescale beforehand (end of May or thereabouts).

I'd be happy with Carvalhal, but as we're interviewing a few candidates, it doesn't mean the club have Carvalhal as their number one target. The contents of the interview will probably put a different spin on things.

If we announce a decent manager in the next week I'll hold my hands up and stand corrected. Would show there has been a bit more engagement with the club from the owners.  I was fully expecting not to get anywhere near a manager appointment till July.

Also I doubt Carvalhal - if he comes - would be doing so without very good investment promised. He was given a big budget at Sheff Wed and so I am sure he would expect the same at Rovers. That said still feels likely to me that he will get a better offer than Rovers. 

Edit - on that last point if he is taking a week to mull it over, it could be that he is awaiting confirmation of what sort of budget he would have available from Venkys.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

It would be a typical Waggott and Venky ruse for us to spend the next couple of weeks dangling the carrot of Carvalhal in front of fans

When's the season ticket cut off again?

And then once that is passed we get the usual downgrade to someone useless.

Hard not to be cynical after what has gone on here over the years.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, of those years we had the same manager for five and half years. 

I'm just positive of the possible appointment of Carvalhal. Its would be sign of intent if we got him in

You gonna be let down.

28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If we announce a decent manager in the next week I'll hold my hands up and stand corrected. Would show there has been a bit more engagement with the club from the owners.  I was fully expecting not to get anywhere near a manager appointment till July.

Also I doubt Carvalhal - if he comes - would be doing so without very good investment promised. He was given a big budget at Sheff Wed and so I am sure he would expect the same at Rovers. That said still feels likely to me that he will get a better offer than Rovers. 

Edit - on that last point if he is taking a week to mull it over, it could be that he is awaiting confirmation of what sort of budget he would have available from Venkys.

I agree with you on holding my hands up, but my only concern with  Cavahal is “IF” he does come (and personally i cant see it) as you stated, he had a big budget at SW will he be a cheque book charlie? Thats the last thing we need

Edited by pomster

10 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Gonna be peed if Jagielka jumps ahead of Arsene Wenger , was just starting to warm to that given someone else claims he has said yes to them

Glen, it would be a poor show if Jagielka couldn't jump ahead of Wenger, he's 72 and has lost a lot of his muscular density 🤣

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He'll never get Venkys to reach a decision in a week. Might as well withdraw now than be disappointed later.

22 minutes ago, Craigman said:

I see David Wagner is now on SkyBet for the job, I wonder if he is one of the others to be interviewed, wouldn't be against that appointment.

It worries me that Wagner failed miserably in his next job after Huddersfield.  Maybe they were destined to be his one moment in the Sun.

Sometimes average managers just hit the jackpot with a particular club or set of players and then never replicate that success elsewhere. It remains to be seen whether Wagner is one of those. Goes into a club like Huddersfield struggling and used to English managers and methods and then they completely buy into his way of doing things and it snowballs from there.

Not one I'd be totally against as he's got a decent CV but there are concerns there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sometimes average managers just hit the jackpot with a particular club or set of players and then never replicate that success elsewhere.

Mark Hughes? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Mark Hughes? 

Maybe, although Hughes arguably did a very good/solid job at Stoke for 3-4 years before the wheels came off, and was by no means a failure at Fulham or City.

Maybe more along the lines of Lambert at Norwich, Dowie at Palace, Pearson at Leicester or Phil Brown at Hull

• Like 1

Hughes is a very strange one, apart from QPR his record was not to be sniffed at, but since that stint at Southampton his reputation in the game must’ve have fallen off a cliff, ergo pitching up in the bottom half of the fourth division…

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Maybe, although Hughes arguably did a very good/solid job at Stoke for 3-4 years before the wheels came off, and was by no means a failure at Fulham or City.

Maybe more along the lines of Lambert at Norwich, Dowie at Palace, Pearson at Leicester or Phil Brown at Hull

Holloway at Blackpool was a proper match made in heaven.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

At least they have a decent website unlike HugeStinkingHeap

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Craigman said:

I see David Wagner is now on SkyBet for the job, I wonder if he is one of the others to be interviewed, wouldn't be against that appointment.

39 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

It's only because I requested odds 🤣🤣

Tugay's on there now 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Hang on, what reports?

You seem posts on here from certain posters plus Nixon has said he has been interviewed?

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Still one more candidate to speak to, according to reports. Could be another week or so before the manager is announced. Would have settled for that timescale beforehand (end of May or thereabouts).

I'd be happy with Carvalhal, but as we're interviewing a few candidates, it doesn't mean the club have Carvalhal as their number one target. The contents of the interview will probably put a different spin on things.

reports from who? 

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

You gonna be let down.

Negative thinking

Float the exotic names around but we couldn't get them over the line but the publicity was nice.

Bottle it completely and in comes Adkins another steady eddie to do as he's told and be grateful for the job.

Tick tock.....

• Like 8

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

If they have any sense they will also be interviewing for the 2024/25 season at the same time considering Caravalhal's managerial history, if he gets the job of course

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You seem posts on here from certain posters plus Nixon has said he has been interviewed?

reports from who? 

Negative thinking

Nixon says Carvahal hasn't been offered the job, he has just been spoken to