BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Negative thinking

Genuinely curious, how has positive thinking been working out for you the last 12 years? It must have been hard expecting good outcomes all the time but instead being consistently served the shit we have had nearly every time.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

You sound surprised 

Not surprised but highlighting that there is very little rhyme or reason to anything that has happened over the last twelve years.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Not surprised but highlighting that there is very little rhyme or reason to anything that has happened over the last twelve years.

For sure.. I'm just saying, that this is nothing new. They will debate who the manager should be, do it for weeks and weeks, then decide to hire the academy coach last minute 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

If I remember correctly Lambert was appointed either just before or during an International break and it was within days of Bowyer going. Similarly Mowbray took over a very short while after Coyle was sacked. Mowbray went public and effectively handed his notice in on May 30th, almost a month ago. And we are still in the process of interviewing with seemingly a few weeks to an appointment. As has been said many times this time of year is crucial to the upcoming season with preparations and planning to be done on many fronts and we are already on the back foot.

I am convinced that Venky's were planning to extend Mowbray's contract this summer. He decided to not renew and it probably took them by surprise. No planning will have been in place and we know they work at a snail's pace anyway.

Mowbray still has another month on his  contract so what's the rush? Venky's (India)  had their AGM in mid May so they are probably all on holiday anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

I am convinced that Venky's were planning to extend Mowbray's contract this summer. He decided to not renew and it probably took them by surprise. No planning will have been in place and we know they work at a snail's pace anyway.

Mowbray still has another month on his  contract so what's the rush? Venky's (India)  had their AGM in mid May so they are probably all on holiday anyway. 

Who knows? In February the plan (as detailed by Waggott) was for the two of them to fly to India to discuss the new season and review the one just gone. The dithering by them on Mowbrays future led to him essentially making their mind up by announcing he was off. If the story of Waggott trying to convince him to stay are true it bears out what you are saying. But as I say who knows. It's just another poorly handled episode in their tenure. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChrisyG said:

Appointing a manager like Carvalhal or Farke would be the opposite of every managerial appointment since Venkys rocked up at Ewood. I’d be astonished if one of them was appointed.

If we want promotion then you need to appoint Carlos Carvalhal or Daniel Farke

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Genuinely curious, how has positive thinking been working out for you the last 12 years? It must have been hard expecting good outcomes all the time but instead being consistently served the shit we have had nearly every time.

I am positive person by nature and I always look at things with the glass being half full not half empty. I would say that attitude over the past 20 years have served me very well. 

54 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I noticed Carvalhal's Twitter profile photo is of him as SkyBet Championship Manager of the Month. Wonder if that was changed recently. Clutching at a straw. ☺️

I noticed that this morning. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am positive person by nature and I always look at things with the glass being half full not half empty. I would say that attitude over the past 20 years have served me very well. 

I know you're a positive person by nature in general, that's been very clear and it can be a very useful attitude to have in life. I'm just asking how that has worked out in the last 12 years specifically in regards to Rovers, not life in general. Surely you have ended up disappointed after those expectations far more times than you've ended up happy, again specifically in regards to Rovers in that period?

Btw there are probably a lot of fans who say negative things about the club these days who are positive people in general. After a long enough period of being disappointed by the same thing, it's easy to identify a pattern and adjust your expectations accordingly. Which, when the good things happen, only makes them more enjoyable because they were unexpected, and the bad things aren't as crushing because you were mentally prepared.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I know you're a positive person by nature in general, that's been very clear and it can be a very useful attitude to have in life. I'm just asking how that has worked out in the last 12 years specifically in regards to Rovers, not life in general. Surely you have ended up disappointed after those expectations far more times than you've ended up happy, again specifically in regards to Rovers in that period?

Btw there are probably a lot of fans who say negative things about the club these days who are positive people in general. After a long enough period of being disappointed by the same thing, it's easy to identify a pattern and adjust your expectations accordingly. Which, when the good things happen, only makes them more enjoyable because they were unexpected, and the bad things aren't as crushing because you were mentally prepared.

Let the guy be positive. Not hurting anyone. 

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I will always keep believing and keep positive about Rovers. For example, Just like I was confident we would bounce back form league 1 at the first attempt even if a slightly poor start. I was confident we would finish top 6 after January but we didn't. For me, Mowbray was mainly to blame for that. That doesn't dealt my confidence one bit cos the next head coach appointment should be aiming to get us promote within 2 seasons. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be honest, whilst I'd be very pleased with Carvahal, I'd still be concerned until I see what the rest of our summer business looks like.

I was so encouraged when Lambert took over, especially with Irvine and Rob Kelly coming with him. We all know what followed though, so until we know that whoever gets the gig is going to be backed, I'm going to be a bit worried. 

I dont think Carvahal would sign on if he wasn't provided a sufficient budget to work with.  I'd see his appointment one which also means there will be financial backing.  

• Like 3

I think Carvalhal and Farke have now 'gone'.

Stuck sizeable money this afternoon on Duncan Ferguson and odds range from 6/1 to 10/1 and I think these will fall pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind Ferguson at all - think he could galvanize both club and supporters and turn us into a Mark Hughes type team (hated by the opposition and their fans). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we want promotion then you need to appoint Carlos Carvalhal or Daniel Farke

More so Dyche and Farke than Carvalhal but he'd still be a fairly solid appointment I think most would be happy with.