BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

57 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Dyche cannot take a job until his severance is agreed with Burnley and that scenario is not going to be easy to resolve with the money involved!

By that logic, Burnley wouldn't be able to appoint a replacement either.

44 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Just give the bloke the job!

When he was first mentioned I wasn't that impressed due to time he spent as manager of numerous club.  I'm thinking differently now. He knows his stuff, has his own team and talks with humor but with authority, the type players would want to impress.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

When he was first mentioned I wasn't that impressed due to time he spent as manager of numerous club.  I'm thinking differently now. He knows his stuff, has his own team and talks with humor but with authority, the type players would want to impress.  

Here are 9 videos from coaches voice with Carlos Carvahal talking football, tactics, coaches, etc

carlos carvalhal coaches voice - YouTube

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I see Rafa has now entered the betting 

Screenshot_20220527-194150.png

You'd have thought Benitez would have been spelt correctly, not sure I believe that screen grab to be honest.

Rafa was actually sounded out a while back for the job, but it never got past agent stages.

Edited by Gav

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seeing Tony Pulis’ name there gave me a few chills. The sort of fella that could come from those long odds to land it - especially given his agency.

Pretty sure he's retired although I take the general point.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't let Gav, reel you in. He's never once accused Mowbray (who never made the play offs here) of "failing", but levies that accusation against Carvalhal (who made the play offs twice).

Strange that.

The situations are totally incomparable. Carvalhal was at Sheffield Wednesday with far, far greater resources than Mowbray. 

And to clarify again, I am glad that Mowbray has gone and I would be reasonably happy with Carvalhal. 

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't let Gav, reel you in. He's never once accused Mowbray (who never made the play offs here) of "failing", but levies that accusation against Carvalhal (who made the play offs twice).

Strange that.

Lets face it, you'd never heard of Carvalhal until I mentioned him on here as a possible replacement for Mowbray.

His record isn't as good as Mowbrays, who took West Brom up as Champions, but I'd have Carlos here, I doubt your mates in Pune will pay the wages or transfer pot to make that happen, but time will tell.

Edited by Gav

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, Gav said:

You'd have thought Benitez would have been spelt correctly, not sure I believe that screen grab to be honest.

Rafa was actually sounded out a while back for the job, but it never got past agent stages.

You've spelt it incorrectly. Venkys would never appoint Benitez anyway, but they'd definitely appoint some chancer called Rafa Bentiez 🤣

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here are 9 videos from coaches voice with Carlos Carvahal talking football, tactics, coaches, etc

carlos carvalhal coaches voice - YouTube

I hope we can finally atract a fairly exciting manager like Carvalhal!

But flippin eck your setting yourself up for major dissapointment putting all your hope on him specifically.