BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I have been looking at Lancs live articles, they reckon Carvahal was interviewed earlier this week.

That keeps one posters 100% record on being 100% wrong still in tact then.......

I'll be stunned if Carvalhal comes to Ewood, his wage demands alone would put him out of our reach in my opinion and he'll need transfer funds, as the playing side has had no significant funding for years now.

I'll caveat this also by saying Carlos has never got a team promoted to the Premiership, he failed at Wednesday and failed at Swansea, but he plays decent football and is a good guy and right now under these owners thats possibly the best we can hope for.

• Like 1

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The vision aspect is one that should be provided by the applicant is it not?

No, not really. The owners and those working for them at Ewood should know exactly what the vision for the club is going forward. Candidates should be shortlisted on the basis of whether they have traditionally aligned to clubs with similar philosophies, and the interview should be about working out whether the club's vision and the propsective manager's methods will likely produce good results or whether the two are not well matched after all.

The manager dictating the club's vision is exactly why we never get anywhere. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Despite your (and others) reservations about ticket sales, you will be surprised to see the club are in fact on track to reach the pre-pandemic level of sales looking at the numbers sold so far.

Not sure how you arrive at that fact, as the ticket info on site is not representative of tickets sold.

Will only be apparent when june 04 deadline is passed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

None of us had heard Coyle until he was stood waving a scarf down at Brockhall. None of us had heard Mowbray until he was appointed. 

This lot have a nasty surprise up their sleeve and can ruin even the simplest of decisions. Lets remember Warnock.

It is clear Carvalhal wants the job. It is clear he is more qualified than most who have been linked or would be interested. He will quite rightly want to bring his team with him. Any decent manager will.

In the words of a former director all appointments are made off shore and no one knows who's coming until they are told the day before to prepare.

Now unless things have changed......

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It will be the penny wise, pound foolish false economists that are the Raos all over if we miss out on a decent manager due to not wanting to pay up the likes of Lowe and Benson, for what will in all likelihood be peanuts…

There is absolutely no better description of life under them than that.

4 hours ago, unleaded said:

Carlos has informed Rovers that he will only come if his staff comes with him ….

so if the coffee drinkers on the coaching staff are released that’s a sign that they are clearing the decks ……

He has also had an interview with a Gulf club in the Middle East & they are getting the vibes that he wants to join Rovers so have given him a deadline ….They have approached another Portuguese coach to put pressure on him ….

07A310E2-0320-4F4E-A414-8A4D2A6420B7.jpeg

Good god, let him walk around Brockhall and thumbs up or thumbs down whoever he wants.

KING CARLO’S BLUE N WHITE ARMY!

• Like 2

The 'first round' of interviews will count for nothing if there was no input from India. A bit like the judges vote in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Waggott has as much influence and power as Cheston did in 2016.  Venky's won't take any notice and will do their own thing, ignoring all previous opinions. Anything could happen.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

That keeps one posters 100% record on being 100% wrong still in tact then.......

I'll be stunned if Carvalhal comes to Ewood, his wage demands alone would put him out of our reach in my opinion and he'll need transfer funds, as the playing side has had no significant funding for years now.

I'll caveat this also by saying Carlos has never got a team promoted to the Premiership, he failed at Wednesday and failed at Swansea, but he plays decent football and is a good guy and right now under these owners thats possibly the best we can hope for.

he did`nt fail at wednesday,he built a very good side who where unlucky not to  be promoted,he did`nt fail at swansea either,he was a victim of stupid appointments before him and american owners who did`nt have a clue and he very nearly did keep them up,he`s a massive upgrade on moggadon (if it happens)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, unleaded said:

Carlos has informed Rovers that he will only come if his staff comes with him ….

so if the coffee drinkers on the coaching staff are released that’s a sign that they are clearing the decks ……

He has also had an interview with a Gulf club in the Middle East & they are getting the vibes that he wants to join Rovers so have given him a deadline ….They have approached another Portuguese coach to put pressure on him ….

Thanks for the update. 

How many staff does Carlos Carvalhal want to bring with him? 

I wonder if this other coach is Former Wolves and Spurs head coach Nuno Espirito Santo. Has Championship experience and promotion from this league

2 hours ago, Mhead2 said:

And the Season ticket deadline needs to be extended to end June for all sorts of logical reasons.....

I think they should extend the deadline until end of June 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well done Carlos, it is of course a no brainer we need to clear the decks. Having him and his coaching staff come in will hopefully be like hitting the players with a bucket of ice water after 5 and a bit years of Mowbray and Venus and even longer with Lowe.

Be a bit harsh on Johnson possibly, Mowbray stitched him up good and proper by bringing  him in to the first team picture then making him a very peripheral figure.

I agree that any new manager should be allow to bring in his own number 2, goalkeeper coach and fitness coach. 

Then Johnson remains in his current role as first team coach. 

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Despite your (and others) reservations about ticket sales, you will be surprised to see the club are in fact on track to reach the pre-pandemic level of sales looking at the numbers sold so far.

I would be very surprised to see that.  Have they released sales figures?  Are you privy to such information?  A good appointment could make all the difference.... a bad one, however.

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

The point was he never got either into the Premiership, the job he was employed to do. 

Carvalhal did achieve two top 6 finish and playoff place in his first 2 season there as head coach. Whilst Mowbray had 4 years to get that and couldn't. He couldn't even achieved a top 6 finish even when we were 2nd on the 8th February. His stubborn and unwillingness to adapt and change his tactical approach cost us the last 3 months of the season and ultimately cost us our playoff place and promotion

• Like 4

22 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Your forgetting long term injuries to key players; some awful refereeing that cost us points and some young players in the team that can only get better from the disappointment of missing out in the play offs. Mowbray was partly to blame, but he left Rovers in better shape than when he first took over. Let's move onwards and hopefully upwards with the next manager in line.

Injuries happened and that's why we have a squad of players. 

For me, Mowbray cost us our chance of promotion and was rightly let go without a contract offer to him

36 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Any clue as to who these additional "big names" are that have been interviewed?  👀

In other news, saw Brian Little checking into The Avenue. 🥸

Chorley manager Jamie Vermiglio has resigned to pursue a new managerial challenge with a record fa cup run a promotion and regular play off achievements this is just the type of character to appeal to the V's

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

The point was he never got either into the Premiership, the job he was employed to do. 

the championship is devilish to get out of,only penalties one year and a scabby steve bruce hull side the other denied them ,we`ll have a better chance of getting to the promised land under carvalhal than moggasaurous thats for sure

• Like 3

Now Mowbray is being accused of purposely allowing Damien Johnson (who for whatever reason has been assumed to be a coach far superior to the others at the club, why I am not too sure) to be promoted because that was seen to make Johnson seem more peripheral as a result, strengthening his own position in the process? Christ, I know his time was up and we needed a change but still the fascination on pinning everything on him continues!

I think people seem to be jumping the gun on Carvalhal seeing as he seemingly is just one of a number of managers to be interviewed. Dyche is the obvious stand out candidate followed by Farke but beyond them and assuming that neither is realistic, then we are always going to be taking a small chance with whoever we appoint. Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday had plenty of resources and the job there and then compared to what he could potentially have here is totally different so to simply assume that because he got them into the play offs that he will get us into the play offs is massively flawed. He also rarely stays anywhere very long and his CV is far from perfect. Saying all that, he would likely be as good as we could realistically attract and there is certainly enough good on his CV to be fairly optimistic. Much depends on much if any of the Brereton money being available as anybody would struggle if it is nothing/a minimal amount like last summer.

• Like 2