BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think Carvalhal and Farke have now 'gone'.

Stuck sizeable money this afternoon on Duncan Ferguson and odds range from 6/1 to 10/1 and I think these will fall pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind Ferguson at all - think he could galvanize both club and supporters and turn us into a Mark Hughes type team (hated by the opposition and their fans). 

Ferguson doesn't interest me on his own, but alongside Unsworth I would raise an inquisitive eyebrow and a sage stroke of my stubble.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ferguson doesn't interest me on his own, but alongside Unsworth I would raise an inquisitive eyebrow and a sage stroke of my stubble.

Why, do you rate Unsworth highly as a coach?

Genuine question as I know nothing about him other than he had a fairly unsuccessful spell as caretaker manager at Everton?

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why, do you rate Unsworth highly as a coach?

Genuine question as I know nothing about him other than he had a fairly unsuccessful spell as caretaker manager at Everton?

Nor so much about rating either highly tbh, but I've met them both and they really strike me as a Yin and Yang type of duo.

By no means am I actively advocating them, but I just have a hunch that the pair would be greater than the sum of its parts somehow.

Can't really explain it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Stuck sizeable money this afternoon on Duncan Ferguson and odds range from 6/1 to 10/1 and I think these will fall pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind Ferguson at all - think he could galvanize both club and supporters and turn us into a Mark Hughes type team (hated by the opposition and their fans). 

You legend Merce, thank you. 💙 Can’t wait for Carlos to take over now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Was Farke ever ‘here’?
Re - Carvalhal, it seems he is waiting on us to go through the rest of our list, but that is hardly going to help persuade him to join.

That is the problem with doing it this way.

It’s going to annoy the better candidates on the list.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lraC said:

Glad you left him in piece and not in peace. You are an S away from being the hardest poster on this forum. Good job I wasn’t  there to hit him over the head with his stale bread cake and leave him in pieces too, not to mention, chips in his teeth.  😂 

3 pints of snakebite and my grammar goes to pieces😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Well training would be lively i'd presume one or both would be joining in Souness like 😁

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Was Farke ever ‘here’?
Re - Carvalhal, it seems he is waiting on us to go through the rest of our list, but that is hardly going to help persuade him to join.

That is the problem with doing it this way.

It’s going to annoy the better candidates on the list.

This is what happens when you're own by wankers and employ wankers 🤮

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will always keep believing and keep positive about Rovers. For example, Just like I was confident we would bounce back form league 1 at the first attempt even if a slightly poor start. I was confident we would finish top 6 after January but we didn't. For me, Mowbray was mainly to blame for that. That doesn't dealt my confidence one bit cos the next head coach appointment should be aiming to get us promote within 2 seasons. 

Your forgetting long term injuries to key players; some awful refereeing that cost us points and some young players in the team that can only get better from the disappointment of missing out in the play offs. Mowbray was partly to blame, but he left Rovers in better shape than when he first took over. Let's move onwards and hopefully upwards with the next manager in line.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Your forgetting long term injuries to key players; some awful refereeing that cost us points and some young players in the team that can only get better from the disappointment of missing out in the play offs. Mowbray was partly to blame, but he left Rovers in better shape than when he first took over.

Here we go again…

Venkys are to blame.

Mowbray was one of the many symptoms.

Now then, who’s our new manager going to be? Are venkys going to start running the club properly?

It’s the hope that kills you.

Edited by toogs
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Genuinely, Ulrich? Or are you joking?

Because I noticed a cryptic clue dropped by an agent a few weeks back, which only made my hunch on Adkins get stronger. I didn't post it at the time as I thought it might look mad.

I've put Adkins forward from day one of this search and that was before the agent clue.

If what you're saying is true, we might as well call the manager search off now, in my opinion.

In all honesty, his name was the first one that came in to my head. Everyone was wittering on last night I thought I would also join in, but alas I have no special connections with Ewood. Sorry pal.

• Like 1

I thought Waggott would of been potted by now?

Cant see the point in him assisting in the search for a new manager if he’s on his way out through the door, or is he?

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, pomster said:

I thought Waggott would of been potted by now?

Cant see the point in him assisting in the search for a new manager if he’s on his way out through the door, or is he?

Where is your info that he is leaving from? This forum or external sources??

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Do you know something most don't ?  😎

I know he isnt leaving or retiring (despite what some posters on here think/suggest) on his own volition and wont be unless the owners decide otherwise and that is from the horses mouth!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's a massive shame if true

He's not good enough, he's a 4th division CEO in my opinion, but I'd rather have a 4th division CEO than nobody in that role.

As always these owners opt for mediocrity, the level they operate at and thats the real crux of the matter. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's a massive shame if true

There is little good to expect when the sly fox still runs the chicken shed.

And lets not forget it was Mowbray who held the door open.

Only positive is that the sly fox opened the door for Mowbray's exit.

• Like 1