BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

10 hours ago, matt83 said:

If he gets anywhere near a senior position it’s nepotism pure and simple. It would be quite the CV. University graduate, few summers working on the chicken farm, executive of a multimillion pound football club.

Yeah not sure why people think this could be a good thing, it reeks of amateur hour madness.

We might get lucky and the kid is a smart level headed guy with maturity beyond his years who turns the administration of the club around. But I would say that's going to be a lot less likely than either a) his inexperience leading to him making a lot of rash not thought through decisions, or b) his inexperience being exploited by the more senior members of the staff to neutralise any changes he tries to make.

Nothing personal against him, just few multi million pound businesses appoint people in their early 20s as directors. There's a reason for that  

• Like 3

What grates me is how many good candidates we have missed out on over the years. 

Neil looks to be doing well at Sunderland - broke their 4 year struggles and got them back up. But really given he matched us with PNE on a much lower budget we should have been all over that when he left there. 

Same with Rowett at Millwall. Matching us with much less resources. Thought that his credentials were proved by how well he did with Brum and how badly they did afterwards. 

Not sure who currently fits that bill but surely there is someon overlooked who's doing/done a good job with limited resources. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You should have a read of the daily Mail comments pages 

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap.

In all seriousness though, it’s quite a leap to blame the views of people who the majority of which I bet aren’t Rovers fans….

• Like 7

7 hours ago, 1874 said:

Can anyone tell me which football club owners have the slightest idea about running a football club.

Gibson at Boro probably does and the guy who set Huddersfield on the right path a few yeas ago, Hoyle i think it was.

There are a few around especially lower down the scale but it's by no means a guarantee of success. Many are hampered by lack of enough finance or inherited debts. That's not really been the case here it's been a lack of common sense and making the correct effort to get to grips with what they are actually doing with the club.

Too much personal wealth to cover mistakes without batting an eyelid, too much arrogant aloof assumption that the Indian business/family way is the only way to run an English football club. Too much relying on just praying and paying that'll it'll just come right of it's own accord.  And of course too many snouts in the trough and wrong tongues i right arseholes.

Common football sense needed in head office now to build on what is here and a director on the board who preferably knows the club and town.  

Two things that shouldn't be impossible to attain for billionaires with any semblance of a plan for the club.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap.

In all seriousness though, it’s quite a leap to blame the views of people who the majority of which I bet aren’t Rovers fans….

Again I’ve never said they were but as I have highlighted the negative and abusive responses are quite shocking to be honest and again I am not a fan of the dm in fact it’s a horrible rag which like the mirror I wouldn’t wipe my arse on

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Again I’ve never said they were but as I have highlighted the negative and abusive responses are quite shocking to be honest and again I am not a fan of the dm in fact it’s a horrible rag which like the mirror I wouldn’t wipe my arse on

It is highly unlikely that anyone of importance will have read the comments, so no need to worry too much about it.

Like anything, there will always be a minority who will try to paint a negative picture on everything and vice versa.

So an actual Venky, who has buzzed about Rovers for 11 years since he was a child, now wants to come and be active at the club - is a bad thing?

If we got a competent manager in (Farke, Carvahal and Nuno are three), and a DoF, plus maybe even a Waggo replacement, AND we have a Venky who can actually sanction trades - that must be a strength.

Look at all the Bosman players we NEVER sign because smart signings are about timing more than finances. (I could make a list!)

At worst, Jadgish will come in and be like a kid on christmas who wants everything and every player suggested - but assuming we're being ran smart elsewhere (CEO, DoF, Manager) and not being fleeced by Jerome Anderson, we might actually tie players down to contracts, sign good players before deadline day and actually have a proper January transfer window without loaning LWBs to play RF.

Or, he's as shit as the rest of them and this it the final hail mary before the Venky's sell/give up.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So an actual Venky, who has buzzed about Rovers for 11 years since he was a child, now wants to come and be active at the club - is a bad thing?

If we got a competent manager in (Farke, Carvahal and Nuno are three), and a DoF, plus maybe even a Waggo replacement, AND we have a Venky who can actually sanction trades - that must be a strength.

Look at all the Bosman players we NEVER sign because smart signings are about timing more than finances. (I could make a list!)

At worst, Jadgish will come in and be like a kid on christmas who wants everything and every player suggested - but assuming we're being ran smart elsewhere (CEO, DoF, Manager) and not being fleeced by Jerome Anderson, we might actually tie players down to contracts, sign good players before deadline day and actually have a proper January transfer window without loaning LWBs to play RF.

Or, he's as shit as the rest of them and this it the final hail mary before the Venky's sell/give up.

Sounds as close to a win/win situation as we might get! 

Key thing though remains the head coach/DoF appointments. This will totally shape the season/s ahead.

42 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Not sure he'll have buzzed about the club for 11 years i bet he's never been here more than a couple of times.

I remember his facebook page years ago had the Rovers badge on it but most of the football talk amongst him and his pals was Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Yoo etc.

We are just a toy in a large and diverse playroom.

4 hours ago, neophox said:

I would stay away from Jon Dahl.

Why? I've no opinion of him one way or the other and i think it's the first time ive seen his name pop up since his short lived Newcastle spell in the 90s😅😅 

He seems to be doing very well as Malmos head coach though, although i imagine malmo dont have much in the way of competition at league level, but he's also had a good run in the champions league with them, so id say he does seem to have something about him as a relatively young manager. 

But reading between the lines your response suggests to me that you know something more specific about him to make him one to avoid

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, lraC said:

It is highly unlikely that anyone of importance will have read the comments, so no need to worry too much about it.

Like anything, there will always be a minority who will try to paint a negative picture on everything and vice versa.

I think you are totally misguided on this point it was such a huge thing to do it was unique and it was a whole community project that took a lot of people making hard decisions despite the fact it might not be well received - I say it was a complete and utter success and deserved nothing but praise to the club the community the elders and seniors involved and of course those who took part 

Stop flogging a dead horse on this one, 1864.

It was the Mail Online comment section FFS! 😁 No business or charity would ever undertake any initiative if they were  worried about the reaction on that cesspit!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think you are totally misguided on this point it was such a huge thing to do it was unique and it was a whole community project that took a lot of people making hard decisions despite the fact it might not be well received - I say it was a complete and utter success and deserved nothing but praise to the club the community the elders and seniors involved and of course those who took part 

Yet to understand why you tried to spin this as an argument that long-suffering Rovers fans have brought this complete lack of communication and stakeholder negligence on themselves.  

The Rao's MIGHT (according to what you've seen/heard/ allege to have been told) be trying to right the so very many wrongs of their ownership, but until there's tangible evidence, appointments, communication or results that support such whispers and hearsay, please don't try to push any blame on to the fanbase. It's embarrassing.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I like the Mails crossword.

• Like 1

I love the same endless cycle. One or two posters saying the same things about how the club has lots of interesting developments with the patronising undertone of how everyone else doesn't know what is happening. People naturally ask for detail, no answer is given and those people are told to go and ask themselves.

For what its worth, Rich Sharpe reckons the pitch is just the usual work as seen every year. Presumably Venkys still arent willing to spend the required 2m.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I love the same endless cycle. One or two posters saying the same things about how the club has lots of interesting developments with the patronising undertone of how everyone else doesn't know what is happening. People naturally ask for detail, no answer is given and those people are told to go and ask themselves.

For what its worth, Rich Sharpe reckons the pitch is just the usual work as seen every year. Presumably Venkys still arent willing to spend the required 2m.

it is the usual work not that is carried out yearly not the big replacement

I am not getting into this 'discussion' but would like to know how old the son is now.

I do recall that soon after Venky's bought us it was mooted that Bling had a son who was being groomed to run Rovers from age 21.

Also trying to work out how he finished Uni and then spent 3 years learning chicken farming. Also doing mental gymnastics to visualise a billionaires son getting chicken shit on his wellies.

I digress, how old is he now?

• Like 1

Of course it is the same endless cycle.

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves here anticipating wholesale changes to the way the club is operated.

The rumour about Balaji's son taking over has been in the background for years. Little evidence to suggest anything is happening there. Waggott is still here.

We've got shut of Mowbray and his buddy Venus but the rest of the coaching staff? Still here.

I still expect another disappointing managerial appointment to be made, which will then be accepted by supporters "get behind him FFS"

I still expect the new manager will be allowed to bring with him one assistant manager to replace Venus and that will be it.

If we ever get round to appointing this Sporting Director I expect it will be someone completely inexperienced in such a role such as a former player or coach taking on more of a ceremonial role rather than actually directing the operation as they should be.

Hope and pray I am wrong on all these things but plenty of track record in the cabinet to back up what I am saying.

16 minutes ago, frosty said:

Sounds like Burnley are in talks with Kompany.

I heard a snippet on 5Live yesterday, stating that Burnley are aiming to make an appointment by the end of the month.

That's how you do it, unlike our protracted effort.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I heard a snippet on 5Live yesterday, stating that Burnley are aiming to make an appointment by the end of the month.

That's how you do it, unlike our protracted effort.

How is that how you do it?

They sacked Dyche months ago and are only just looking to appoint a new manager. Theirs is definitely protracted.

• Like 6