BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

An extraordinary marker of how just how far we have fallen as a club, but also how it can, over time dumb down the expectations of the fanbase.  To think John Williams was chairman 11 years ago.  Now we've got genuine positivity about the owners son, fresh out of a top uni, taking a senior role on the board.   

Reminds me of when Dave Whelan appointed his grandson as Chairman after a less than stellar stint running the chippy at the ground… 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

An extraordinary marker of how just how far we have fallen as a club, but also how it can, over time dumb down the expectations of the fanbase.  To think John Williams was chairman 11 years ago.  Now we've got genuine positivity about the owners son, fresh out of a top uni, taking a senior role on the board.   

Problem is that Pasha is basically their Chaeffeur and has been their eyes and ears on the ground for those 12 years. So it has been some come down since we were the best run club in the country.

I view this as a good thing getting us back up their agenda and not forgotten about. It may well reignite their enthusiasm.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phili said:

Problem is that Pasha is basically their Chaeffeur and has been their eyes and ears on the ground for those 12 years. So it has been some come down since we were the best run club in the country.

I view this as a good thing getting us back up their agenda and not forgotten about. It may well reignite their enthusiasm.

You may be right Phili, but can you believe it's come to this?  They're so petrified of being rinsed again that the only people they choose to trust are their driver, or their son. Neither of whom have ANY experience or expertees in the world of professional football.  Pathetic.

• Like 5

Well the lad might as well have a go it was always intended to be his toy anyway i presume. At least we'll know real life football manager is being played instead of just suspecting it.

Now lets look again at this Sporting Director, coach model we are allegedly in for, i mean what purpose could that set up really be for when there's a new kid in town !

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Gav said:

Can you imagine the outrage on here?

Guardiola plays most of his players out of position and often without a striker, the site would go into meltdown.

Difference being, that’s Pep Guardiola who’s a world class manager and he manages world class players.

I’d say he’s earnt the right to do whatever he wants.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Aside from being totally inexperienced, if he’s anything like his Dad he will be an arrogant, entitled, bullying egomaniac with questionable morals. Involvement from him has been rumoured for a while, but I can’t see it as anything to get excited about.

I think he takes after the other side of the family, he is very pleasant and can talk for hours. Would certainly engage with supporter base if uk based.

• Like 4

• Backroom
58 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

The only positives I can see of one of their sons getting involved is the direct communication lines they'll have.....

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If the young man comes in and at least opens up lines of communication then that to me is a huge improvement on what we have had for over a decade. 

Exactly. That's the possible upside for me.

I would also hope, having spent many years living in the Country, the son would have a good grasp and understanding of the culture of football. 

I get the feeling the Raos have barely spent more than a few weeks in the UK this century. How can you run a customer focused business without experiencing life in that Country. 

If I got involved in a business in Hong Kong or Singapore, I'd make it a priority to understand the culture of those places, something I have very little knowledge of. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up to fail.

This rumour is nothing to get excited about, and continues our theme of a basket case of a club, but it's also not something I'd dismiss out of hand.

Seriously, it would be hard to be much worse than what we've got. At least his word would hopefully get listened to in India. Got to be better than the wall of silence we currently have. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

So the club still comes way down the priority list even when one who might actually be interested appears on the horizon.

We are nothing more than a toy to them and an accounting tool for their finance people.

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He is quite a grounded young man, who wants to work for his future rather than have it handed to him on a plate.

He watches all the games and is genuinely passionate about football.

That's really good to hear, if he may have some significant input into the club at some point in the future, however far away that might be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Exactly. That's the possible upside for me.

I would also hope, having spent many years living in the Country, the son would have a good grasp and understanding of the culture of football. 

I get the feeling the Raos have barely spent more than a few weeks in the UK this century. How can you run a customer focused business without experiencing life in that Country. 

If I got involved in a business in Hong Kong or Singapore, I'd make it a priority to understand the culture of those places, something I have very little knowledge of. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up to fail.

This rumour is nothing to get excited about, and continues our theme of a basket case of a club, but it's also not something I'd dismiss out of hand.

Seriously, it would be hard to be much worse than what we've got. At least his word would hopefully get listened to in India. Got to be better than the wall of silence we currently have. 🤷‍♂️

I found him very helpful in initially being the go between, between myself, Madam and Bala, expecially during the Shagnew days.

He was instrumental in many truths reaching the owners prior to me getting direct contact, and hand delivered some very interesting things we shared including documents and recordings.

He holds family values very high, and really gave me a greater understanding of their culture, family set up, whilst he wanted to understand my upbringing and asked many questions regarding my parents, wife and children.

I do think people will take to him, although im not too sure that transition will be this coming season

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ChrisyG said:

No surprised and at least its put to bed this myth he would become our new Sporting Director. 

Hopefully we can make announcement by the end of next weeks either 2nd or 3rd June. Rich Sharpe has said that the first round of interviews are still on going. 

42 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The long term plan is for Jagdish to be involved  although this year, im not too sure.

Having spoken with him personally over the last few years, he has spent a lot of time learning the poultry business, including working out on the farms at ground level, whilst also doing his University. His path is very much to be involved in the family empire. first and foremost.

He is quite a grounded young man, who wants to work for his future rather than have it handed to him on a plate.

He watches all the games and is genuinely passionate about football.

I think it says everything you need to know about our batshit ownership that at a high level it reads like a good idea to get the boy involved. 

• Like 5